TOPIC: VST2 / VST3 - Different sound

VST2 / VST3 - Different sound 3 years 3 months ago #24858

Hi there,

is it normal that the sound changes noticeably when switching to the VST3 plugin.
I created two audio tracks in my DAW (Reason 12) one with the VST2 and one with the VST3 plugin. I chose the same factory preset and that's it. When I play the guitar the old VST2 seems to give more output or distortion. On the VST3 the sound is more clear but thinner with less overdrive/distortion.

My problem is that I used the VST2 for a long time and found some pretty nice presets which I used on different songs. When I switch to VST3 now, the songs and the guitar will sound totally different and I have to edit the presets.

Is this a known thing? What's the reason and is there a fix?

Thanks and greetings
Max
Last edit: 3 years 3 months ago by Nuudles.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

VST2 / VST3 - Different sound 3 years 3 months ago #24859

Hello Max!

Does the problem affect S-Gear presets when they are recalled directly from the S-Gear preset system? or only settings recalled as part of a Reason project?

I would suggest to keep using the VST2 in Reason, at least for now. Is there a particular reason why you need to use the VST3? Please send a message via support .

Mike
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nuudles
  • mike
  • mike's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Administrator
  • Posts: 2430
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

VST2 / VST3 - Different sound 3 years 3 months ago #24864

Hi Mike,

thanks for your reply!
I had the problem everytime I created a new track in Reason, added the VST3 plugin and selected a preset. The low overdrive/output affected every preset. Same effect with older projects, where I exchanged the VST2 against the VST3 selecting the same preset.

But, good news! I reinstalled my windows system the last few days, as well as Reason and all my music production plugins. Now the VST3 seems to work properly.:woohoo:
Maybe there were too much old data and programs disturbing each other on the system :??: Sometimes a new installation can help :mrgreen:

If I'll get problems again, I'll open a ticket. Thanks!

Greetings
Max
Last edit: 3 years 3 months ago by Nuudles.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY
Time to create page: 0.048 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum