TOPIC: UA audio amp sim claim. Marketing speak? Or....

UA audio amp sim claim. Marketing speak? Or.... 2 years 4 months ago #15829

The Fuchs Train II also features Unison™ technology for Apollo interfaces. This means an Apollo user's guitar pickups will see the exact impedance load as if they're plugged into a Fuchs Train II -- a feature found only on Apollo audio interfaces.

Any ideas what this means? I'm guessing something in hardware before it gets tothe amp sim, since that's the package they sell. And I could see how DI/soundcard preamp/AD conversion could all change the feel, but I'm wondering if there is any there there, since a decent soundcard will send things through mostly unmolested if set up right, and that having control over input levels might actually be better than "just like a real amp" since there is more control over what the input signal is doing.

Anyway, would appreciate enlightenment if anyone has thoughts on this newest bestest thing.

P.s., got to test drive a Fuchs amp for an afternoon a few years ago and was in tone heaven
experimental improv instrumental duo rreplay: soundcloud.com/rreplaymusic
all my stuff: way.net/waymusic
solo stuff: soundcloud.com/richrath
Last edit: 2 years 4 months ago by rcrath.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

UA audio amp sim claim. Marketing speak? Or.... 2 years 4 months ago #15831

I see on their website they have this to say about it
"Enables Apollo mic preamps to sound and behave like the world's most sought-after tube and solid state preamps — including their all-important impedance, gain stage sweet spots, and component-level circuit behaviors."
Something to do with the mic preamps impedance, gain and hardware?
Those SHARC processor chips in their UAD hardware aren't cheap.

help.uaudio.com/hc/en-us/articles/215262223
The following user(s) said Thank You: rcrath
  • rose703
  • Tone Master
Last edit: 2 years 4 months ago by rose703.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

UA audio amp sim claim. Marketing speak? Or.... 2 years 4 months ago #15832

Unison technology is not hype. It allows you to use preamp models while recording with no latency and the hardware controls the software like the real deal re impedance, etc. The same applies to the amps.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ges, rcrath
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

UA audio amp sim claim. Marketing speak? Or.... 2 years 3 months ago #15841

There's a few people on this forum, myself included, using the Lehle Sunday Driver between guitar and interface, which provides 2 different impedance options: 1 MOhm and 4 MOhm (well 3 including off). My Scarlett 2i2 interface instrument input isn't 1 MOhm (I think 1MOhm is a typical guitar amp input impedance) so I find the Sunday Driver makes a nice improvement to my tone in S-gear.
  • kierank
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

UA audio amp sim claim. Marketing speak? Or.... 2 years 3 months ago #15844

You are right about the sunday driver. I was using it before having my Apogee interfaces. With my Focusrite I was not using the instrument input. I was using the rgular input with the Sunday driver infront with excellent results.

I know use an ELEMENT 46 and do not need it anymore. I tried the Apogee Quartet, the Apogee Ensemble Firewire and UAD for a short period and I had very good results too. A used Apogee Ensemble Firewire can be a very good purchase these day.

I think the new generation of interfaces are better built for guitar input.

Many people do not realize how the quality of the converters are important for a good sound. Same thing when you play with headphones or monitors. :rock out:
  • fatherjacques
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY
Time to create page: 0.166 seconds