TOPIC: Pre and Post EQ

Pre and Post EQ 3 years 8 months ago #12873

B) Im not an expert, but plug into a audio inteface is not the same as plugin into a real input stage of an amp...

but sometimes we can work with a little pre eq before the amp sim (inside daw) using plugins or hardware to do a little conditioning on the DI signal.

im experimenting with this approach... the results are better but im not that expert on this subject but i would like to share this and learn more about .

i still learning this... and here is a sound that i would like to share with you guys the first clip is the sound that i have by just plug into my interface...

i think you guys will understand why i never like the straight sound when using sgear... always thought that something was wrong... and maybe blame sgear cabs... but i think that with a pre eq the cabs sound really good...

this makes me think... maybe my pickups are really poor quality... i just don't know the reason but i know that with a little pre and post eq things sound much better..

whithout eq www.mediafire.com/listen/3304657ghnwv3e0/EQ+OFF.wav

with pre eq and post eq www.mediafire.com/listen/2e2ptpe16gzxqvt/EQ+ON.wav

i know is not perfect... still learning to use my ears.. but the overall tone is better to my ears... soo

do you guys use this approach?

:gripped:
  • gabrielscruff
  • Tone Master
Life is music
and music is life.... live the life... and feel the music...
Last edit: 3 years 8 months ago by gabrielscruff.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Pre and Post EQ 3 years 8 months ago #12874

gabrielscruff,
Im not an expert, but plug into a audio inteface is not the same as plugin into a real input stage of an amp...

Interesting...but my experience has been the exact opposite. I read it somewhere, "Our software amps are original guitar amplifier designs, based on tubes resistors and capacitors. The difference is we have implemented the circuits in software rather than building a physical product. The idea with software amps is to recreate the whole experience of using a good quality amp connected to a good quality speaker cabinet, leaving you to concentrate on creating the music.

Having been die-hard fans of real tube amps for years, we took a lot of persuading to embrace the software approach. But with S-Gear, we really believe that the software amp is coming of age. If you haven't yet tried it, don't wait any longer!" (emphasis mine)

...and I would have to heartily agree on this one.
  • mr-es335
  • Tone Master
Last edit: 3 years 8 months ago by mr-es335.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Pre and Post EQ 3 years 8 months ago #12875

no bro.. im not talking about SGEAR .. i think sgear is very faithful recreation of a virtual amp... but the audio interface input... is not design the same way a amp input signal is...

some interfaces have hiz , but i think something still "weak" on this signal chain... the reason why some folks use other things before the interface.. a DI box, a tube overdrive pedal, tubescreamer... and so on....

:mrgreen:
  • gabrielscruff
  • Tone Master
Life is music
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Pre and Post EQ 3 years 8 months ago #12876

Hello,

I now believe that I am beginning to understand your post? Also, being in the "Tweaker's Café", the topic just might be that, "off topic" and really not pertaining to S-Gear in any way whatsoever.

And yes, the interface is very important. The one I presently use, the Focusrite Saffire Pro 40 is wonderful. It does provide a true Hi-Z input - the best that I have come across - and I have tried many over the past years. As far as my ears can deduce, what I am hearing is as true to a real amp sound that I have yet come across, even BIAS which, by many, is very highly rated. In fact, when using S-Gear, I do not even think of S-Gear as software most of the time!
  • mr-es335
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Pre and Post EQ 3 years 8 months ago #12877

mr-es335 wrote:

Hello,

I now believe that I am beginning to understand your post? Also, being in the "Tweaker's Café", the topic just might be that, "off topic" and really not pertaining to S-Gear in any way whatsoever.

Nice! All fine by me mate! I just tried to show that im not saying that this problem is an sgear problem... i enjoy sgear a lot ...

And here at tweakers cafe topics we can talk about tweaks and stuff no problems...

I just think maybe the problem is picukps related ... since my pups are stock.. they maybe are bad maybe not... but with pre eq i can tame that harsh sound.. somewhere around 3-5 kHz ...

maybe cut some lows...

i just want to talk about using pre eq to know if someone do that or not... or maybe some folks don't need it ...

:gripped: all in one yep sgear is awesome.... here is some cool info regarding eq tips in general...
www.cheatography.com/fredv/cheat-sheets/eq-tips/
  • gabrielscruff
  • Tone Master
Life is music
Last edit: 3 years 8 months ago by gabrielscruff.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY
Time to create page: 0.069 seconds