TOPIC: S gear with Nebula

S gear with Nebula 4 years 8 months ago #11384

here you go...

many mistkes..bust just for fun... :rock out:

www.mediafire.com/listen/65ajrfqovk6ij6q/strokes+tone1.wav
  • gabrielscruff
  • Tone Master
Life is music
and music is life.... live the life... and feel the music...
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S gear with Nebula 4 years 8 months ago #11388

this time i decide to recreate the proconvolver approach using nebula... a cabinet left with a cond mic and right cab with a sm57...

how?

using the ddmf META plugin... to do the chain of the cabs... my chain was

1- nebula as a tape preamp...

2- sgear duke... cab bypass ...

3- meta with a nebula cab left and right ... followed by the stereo tools from sleepy time dsp free vst! to do the pan of the cabs...

4- compressor (just a hair)
............................................................................................................................................................................

all of that using the low latency feature of the studio one 3 ... i still can't believe that i can play with 3 nebulas at the same time and still be able to play in real time... im very happy... and i just scratch the surface of the awesome possible combinations of the meta plugin... sounds like a patchbay... i just need to try with some delay between one of the cabs and it will give me the proconvolver layout but in nebula world...

this is great!!!
.............................................................................................................................................................................

nebula
www.mediafire.com/listen/f7961r5vn9o9a36/cab+stereo+nebula.wav
.............................................................................................................................................................................

sgear just for reference
www.mediafire.com/listen/w87o16mmh8sgq34/cab+stereo+sgear.wav

and link for the plugins... ddmf is a paid one... but stereo tools is free!
DDMF > www.ddmf.eu/product.php?id=3

SLEEPY TIME DSP > sleepytimedsp.com/downloads

and here is a blog talking about the Sleepy time plugins.. they are free ...
bedroomproducersblog.com/2014/09/20/sleepy-time-dsp/

i just love how good sgear sounds... and with nebula.. for me is the best possible solution for life!
with the low latency monitoring... man..just need to wait for a vox style amp on sgear... and i think im DONE !

happy musician right here! :P
peace
  • gabrielscruff
  • Tone Master
Life is music
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S gear with Nebula 4 years 8 months ago #11389

Yeah, I'd think Nebula wouldn't add latency if the presets can be run in real-time without added latency.

The new Strokes sample sounds great. The level and stereo positioning is so different it's hard to compare which would be less ear-fatiguing. Neither are evidently harsh to me, but the new one might be the winner there. It seems to have more grainy highs for an “old recording” quality, which seems like what you were going for.

Using the Nebula Tape Pre before S-Gear? Good way to soften the attack quality. Sounds good, but might not be right maybe for certain sounds.

The 'cab stereo sgear' version has more “air”, and is easier on my ears by comparison. I prefer it in this case. It must be how the Nebula cabs ended up mixing together. It may be inadvertently boosting the piercing ~3kHz range? It also sounds more narrow, but that could just be from less air in the sound. Air is really above ~15kHz in the audio world, but for electric guitar sounds, it's probably anything above 4 or maybe 5kHz. I refer to 4kHz as the bottom of the “articulation” range. 4-6kHz is also refereed to as “Presence”. So, maybe electric guitar “air” is more like the “sparkle” from ~6kHz up? I dunno.
  • GCKelloch
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S gear with Nebula 4 years 8 months ago #11414

Hey Greg tks for the reply...

man i made a little mistake during the bounce rendering process... on the nebula files.. i forgot to change a little parameter.... thats the reason why it sounds a piercing for sure.... your set of ears help me a lot to see my mistakes..LOL...

yes the tape preamp is good only if im going for a more retro vintage sound... sounds more muffled but in a good way if that's the sound you're after...

to be honest i don't know were the "air" resides... i think is more a finger or pick touch and ear response... we know how it sounds like but is hard to describe...

music is just like that!

i will post some clips using the delay on one of the cabs with nebula approach later...
  • gabrielscruff
  • Tone Master
Life is music
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S gear with Nebula 4 years 7 months ago #11604

here is just a quick clip just for fun...

using the strato trem... whammy bar... i know sgear sounds cool.. but nebula have more "clarity " imo... this are not intend to be a "comparison" .. for me is just for fun..

sgear
mfi.re/listen/walu3i4wqznckbl/tremolo_s.wav

nebula
mfi.re/listen/1zgqkgacxc1b1bk/tremolo_n.wav
  • gabrielscruff
  • Tone Master
Life is music
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S gear with Nebula 4 years 7 months ago #11605

gabrielscruff wrote:

here is just a quick clip just for fun...

using the strato trem... whammy bar... i know sgear sounds cool.. but nebula have more "clarity " imo... this are not intend to be a "comparison" .. for me is just for fun..

sgear
mfi.re/listen/walu3i4wqznckbl/tremolo_s.wav

nebula
mfi.re/listen/1zgqkgacxc1b1bk/tremolo_n.wav

But S-Gear cabinet sound less glassy and more mellow so it has a quallity to itself.Maybe mixing them together with right ammount how much percentage you want would give the interesting results.
I noticed these days nebula tend to sound clearer but with higher ammount of gain very fizzy on high frequencies...But on clean tones it is not making a problem and sounds the best imho.

So at the end its not better but different.I came to that conclusion.
  • Studiostriver
  • Tone Master
None existing
Last edit: 4 years 7 months ago by Studiostriver.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S gear with Nebula 4 years 7 months ago #11606

Good stuff. I have MixIR2 from Redwirez and have played around with the different mic placements...of course with it, once you have a mix or something you like, you can export that as a stereo IR and import it into S-Gear so in the future you don't have to open MIxIR2 to use it. Great times!
  • clintmartin
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S gear with Nebula 4 years 7 months ago #11607

But S-Gear cabinet sound less glassy and more mellow so it has a quallity to itself.Maybe mixing them together with right ammount how much percentage you want would give the interesting results.[/quote]

I need to experiment with that sort of blend between cabs... nebula have a clear and nice "touch" nuance sound... and sgear with that nice mellow... kind of embrace sound to it... can result in a nice and unique combination for sure!

[/quote]
I noticed these days nebula tend to sound clearer but with higher ammount of gain very fizzy on high frequencies...But on clean tones it is not making a problem and sounds the best imho.[/quote]

those cleans a re soo good to play "live" man... for me is the closest that i can get to the sound of a real amp... and for me shows even more how powerfull sgear can be!

[/quote] So at the end its not better but different.I came to that conclusion.[/quote]

Totally agree .. that's what i say for me is not a comparison anymore..is just for fun and for the sake of experiment and share how to achieve different sounds using this crazy good sgear amp sim...
  • gabrielscruff
  • Tone Master
Life is music
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S gear with Nebula 4 years 7 months ago #11608

that's what i love about software...

now try to do all this crazy combinations on a real world scenario.... :dry:

you will need a few extra hours to work with cabs... speakers... mics....

man.. a lot of work...

i know if you can do it why not huh?

but for me that "pratical" and easy of use of the software is just a clear win win situation... all inside that little box... :|
  • gabrielscruff
  • Tone Master
Life is music
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S gear with Nebula 4 years 7 months ago #11609

Yeah, the Nebula version fills the sound field with more "air", and adds that sweet/fat definition to the attack. Nice work as usual, Gabe.
  • GCKelloch
  • Tone Master
Last edit: 4 years 7 months ago by GCKelloch.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S gear with Nebula 4 years 7 months ago #11611

GCKelloch wrote:

Yeah, the Nebula version fills the sound field with more "air", and adds that sweet/fat definition to the attack. Nice work as usual, Gabe.

oh man tks! i just need to work more with the whammy bar... it creates a whole new vibe to the sound... as some other guitar player said...

'i feel naked when playing a telecaster compared to the strato with the whammy bar ..."

and i can say that this is true.. because if you use it with moderation it owrks nice!

and yes..nebula give that little extra air... plus the sweet/fat definition to the attack... for sure!

i just need more time to play :rock out: ... latley im on a hurry .... LOL.... work a lot of work... :silly:
  • gabrielscruff
  • Tone Master
Life is music
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S gear with Nebula 4 years 7 months ago #11653

:gripped:

if you ever want to use nebula as high quality as possible with your ownhammer cabs for example try to setup your kernels in nebula main menu just like in the picture...

you can select 3 kernels instead of 5... but make sure you are reading 'classic" on the nebula right upper side that way your going to be using the splith mode ... the first samples pass trought the timed mode and the rest are processed by the freqd mode... resulting in a way more real cab sound.

check the picture!

Attachments:
  • gabrielscruff
  • Tone Master
Life is music
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S gear with Nebula 4 years 6 months ago #11690

here is a "weird" signal chain.... but i think it sounds cool...

1 clip .... signal chain...
.... distortion pedal (hornet hds1)
.... nebula power amp ( FryHT KT88)
.....nebula cabinet 4x12
..... effects sgear liontone preset only delays

www.mediafire.com/listen/t4w42422t516kxx/distortion1.wav

...........................................................................................................

2 clip just for reference ... i've used a stealer preset for that king of marshall vibe... "close" to the tone of the first clip...

www.mediafire.com/listen/wwbddrlgj33a9b3/distortion2%282%29.wav

.............................................................................................................

even a single pedal can do some "damage" .... :rock out:
  • gabrielscruff
  • Tone Master
Life is music
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S gear with Nebula 4 years 6 months ago #11699

I liked 2nd clip more. :)
  • Studiostriver
  • Tone Master
None existing
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S gear with Nebula 4 years 6 months ago #11701

Studiostriver wrote:

I liked 2nd clip more. :)

tks for listen mate!

by the way guys check this quick video on how to setup the best quality on nebula cabs.. at least IMO...

• gabrielscruff
  • Tone Master
Life is music
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S gear with Nebula 4 years 6 months ago #11749

Guys i would like to hear some feedback... regarding "marshall" tones i have 3 clips... but i would like to hear extra pair of ears help... a b c ... tell me which one sounds best?

A - www.mediafire.com/listen/142zay1t245b2jz/A.wav

B - www.mediafire.com/listen/7os4q8d4dakzqse/B.mp3

C - www.mediafire.com/listen/55rvtbd5tj9d1gw/C.mp3

i know the fisrt clip is different .. but take the time to evaluate tone wise ... :silly:
  • gabrielscruff
  • Tone Master
Life is music
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S gear with Nebula 4 years 6 months ago #11750

The volume of each file is very low. File A has such high delay level and you played very differently, so I just can't compare it. I like B. C has too much pick & fretting noise, but it could be made more balanced. It's very aggressive – great rhythm type sound.
  • GCKelloch
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S gear with Nebula 4 years 6 months ago #11753

GCKelloch wrote:

The volume of each file is very low. File A has such high delay level and you played very differently, so I just can't compare it. I like B. C has too much pick & fretting noise, but it could be made more balanced. It's very aggressive – great rhythm type sound.
:( :thumbs up:

Fair enough... since you guys opinion matter to me.. i decide to to another one more organized... LOL...

i tried to keep the same "type" of distortion on each clip... which one? a b c d e f ? yes by the way i decide to put more options just to see who it sounds...

a - www.mediafire.com/listen/x99i212d58r69hs/a%282%29.wav

b - www.mediafire.com/listen/cbtd83zz1vy67g1/b+.wav

c - www.mediafire.com/listen/bf0hqdk5c67qsyn/c_.wav

d - www.mediafire.com/listen/ii3ajam7ijaag8d/d_.wav

e - www.mediafire.com/listen/zay1o1dhe7fdkzf/e_.wav

f - www.mediafire.com/listen/48377cmbkz8uo3b/f.wav

tks for listen and for the help...
  • gabrielscruff
  • Tone Master
Life is music
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S gear with Nebula 4 years 6 months ago #11831

:lol: since you guys don't seem to like a little blind shootout ... well here is just other cool way to use nebula like a reverb... here i've used a chamber... just to add a little ambience... audio clipping just a little.. but you guys can see how it sounds with just a little reverb...

CHAMBER OFF...
www.mediafire.com/listen/opr3xzjecei32iz/chamber_OFF.mp3

CHAMBER ON ...
www.mediafire.com/listen/8ljh30esyef10sm/chamber+ON.mp3

peace
  • gabrielscruff
  • Tone Master
Life is music
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S gear with Nebula 4 years 5 months ago #11942

Another piece on the puzzle solved... now i have a cool signal chain to give some nice results... at least to my ears sound very nice... this is my very best approach to use sgear and use my guitar volume knob to create sound texture... want more overdrive ? just hit the strings a little hard... sounds cool... i learn a new thing every day... :P

check this Mayer "tone" ... not exactly the same but with the duke... and nebula... and a few more ingredients...

www.mediafire.com/listen/0bek1gsh47njbfs/DUMBLE+JM.wav
  • gabrielscruff
  • Tone Master
Life is music
SIGN-IN TO REPLY
Time to create page: 0.261 seconds