TOPIC: S gear with Nebula

S gear with Nebula 4 years 10 months ago #10790

ops! and the reverb is from nebula... if i remember.. from cupwise.. roland reverb.
  • gabrielscruff
  • Tone Master
Life is music
and music is life.... live the life... and feel the music...
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S gear with Nebula 4 years 10 months ago #10794

markpixley wrote:

Nice what is the setup here? Are you using Neb as a cabinet or is this just S-gear w/ samplitude as delay? I have Nebula but have not tried any cabinet sims, what do you recommend?

here are the sound examples with eq on and off.... it really is important!

www.mediafire.com/listen/13en81f3b3f87e8/EQ_OFF.mp3

www.mediafire.com/listen/a8jwedklos7puuv/EQ_ON.mp3
  • gabrielscruff
  • Tone Master
Life is music
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S gear with Nebula 4 years 10 months ago #10805

a perfect pair...sgear and nebula!

the stealer sounds STELAR !!!!!

finally nailed the sound that i had in my mind!!!

just a quick demo one track nebula other sgear alone..

www.mediafire.com/listen/e3e57a3odsfjzsn/4x12+.mp3

...............................................................................................................
www.mediafire.com/listen/olcu93bnaeiblwc/4x12+sg.mp3
  • gabrielscruff
  • Tone Master
Life is music
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S gear with Nebula 4 years 9 months ago #10942

:rock out: share is LOVE...

well i love music and to share good stuff... this is a FREE irs pack from a excelent developer in Nbula world... (Henry Olonga) again this is IRs , you can use it into sgear !

this amp pack includes 27 amps total.... if im not ,mistaken...

voxac30 fender twin roland jazz .. just to name a few... you can download from gearslutz site.. from post number 8 here is the link

www.gearslutz.com/board/new-product-aler...tion-amp-bundle.html

this is a true gift... i will post some sounds later on but you can get this pack now it is free... but if you support Henry it will be nice!

peace
  • gabrielscruff
  • Tone Master
Life is music
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S gear with Nebula 4 years 9 months ago #10993

:cunning: new member of the family! defilter from acon digital...

sgear preset 44 red hook dreamy trem...

sgear...
www.mediafire.com/listen/7wgat53yb11qj6r/REDHOOK+S-GEAR.mp3
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

sgear with nebula as cabinet
www.mediafire.com/listen/buex2t8im83zdb0/REDHOOK+NEBULA.mp3

sgear with nebula as cabinet + defilter
www.mediafire.com/listen/v9s87s9su84na71/REDHOOK.mp3

:gripped:
  • gabrielscruff
  • Tone Master
Life is music
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S gear with Nebula 4 years 9 months ago #10998

One question: can you play "live" with Nebula or is the latency too high?
1982 Squier JV Strat, 2004 G&L ASAT Tele, IK Multimedia Stealth Pedal, Line6 FBV II, Plogue Bidule, Amplitube, S-Gear, Mission Eng. Gemini 2
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S gear with Nebula 4 years 9 months ago #11005

I actually ended up giving a long reply in your "one step closer..." topic, Gabriel. I definitely prefer the Nebula to the S-Gear cab. Can't say which Nebula version I prefer. The EQ'd one has fuller bass and what sounds like more upper-mids, but that might get muddy with a bass guitar in the mix.

In any case, I had also mentioned a free low CPU VST for getting that kind dynamic cab response without having to delve into Nebula. So, I tried the 'TeslaMkIIPro' VST on the "REDHOOK S-GEAR" mp3 using two successive instances -- each driven a little for fat dynamics. The first instance uses the warm/sparkly British Console model with the bass boosted a bit for equal loudness and the Transient knob up all the way to let the initial attack through and slightly boosted to the second instance -- similar to a parallel compression setup. The second instance uses the US Console model with the Transient knob down all the way, so the harmonics are added dynamically to the attack. Once I got things set right for both instances, the two console model colours mixed quite nicely for a full unified warm & soft, yet clear well-tempered lively sound. Two Tesla instances could be run in parallel to eliminate harmonic stacking with both Transient knobs down and other knobs tweaked, but it doesn't seem to be a problem with both in series. In fact, I think it sounds perfectly "dreamy", and I may want to marry it :O). I encoded the processed version to a lossless flac file (to avoid further signal degradation), and also up'd the wave file. Loudness sounds the same to me as in the original "REDHOOK S-GEAR" file, so an A/B test should be a fair. I can share the Tesla presets as well if you're interested.

www.mediafire.com/folder/pyxgf2y85bx6u/Audio_Share
  • GCKelloch
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S gear with Nebula 4 years 9 months ago #11011

jp91 wrote:

One question: can you play "live" with Nebula or is the latency too high?

Yes you can play live... let's say imo live is 3.2 ms....of latency... working in a 96khz sample rate daw usually...

sgear cab bypass > nebula cabinet program> other vsts... effects etc...

drum track... or loop...

i think that works really well on LOW tracks projects.... if you try to use nebula at low buffer size and plus 100 tracks.. well i think it is going to fail...

but a simple track like a backing track can work perfect!
if you try to use the signal chain above alone and do a jam online... or live.. i see no problem at all...

it works!
  • gabrielscruff
  • Tone Master
Life is music
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S gear with Nebula 4 years 9 months ago #11012

GCKelloch wrote:

I definitely prefer the Nebula to the S-Gear cab. Can't say which Nebula version I prefer.

Tks for help Greg!
By the way i would like to see the presets from the tesla man! If you can share with me. :thumbs up:

Now take some time to watch this video mate... and all the folks... this is my best tone soo far...

• gabrielscruff
  • Tone Master
Life is music
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S gear with Nebula 4 years 9 months ago #11108

last sounds with nebula and his friends!

sgear is amazing...

:rock out: :rock out: :rock out: :rock out: :rock out: :rock out: :rock out: :rock out: :rock out: :rock out: :rock out: :rock out: :rock out: :rock out: :rock out: :rock out: :rock out: :rock out: :rock out: :rock out: :rock out: :rock out: :rock out: :rock out: :rock out: :rock out: :rock out: :rock out: :rock out: :rock out:

www.mediafire.com/listen/5si0wky65ta2jhe/bona.mp3

:rock out: :rock out: :rock out: :rock out: :rock out: :rock out: :rock out: :rock out: :rock out: :rock out: :rock out: :rock out: :rock out: :rock out: :rock out: :rock out: :rock out: :rock out: :rock out: :rock out: :rock out: :rock out: :rock out: :rock out: :rock out: :rock out: :rock out: :rock out: :rock out: :rock out:

:gripped:
  • gabrielscruff
  • Tone Master
Life is music
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S gear with Nebula 4 years 9 months ago #11115

Nice mellow/bright/hair. OK, I think I'll leave off this thread on that note. It was a good learning experience. Peace out.
  • GCKelloch
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S gear with Nebula 4 years 9 months ago #11135

:rock out:

you revisit this tread any time Greg !

this is what i like about this forum , share info with other folks! and for the most part..learn a lot!

for sure is a nice sound and to be able to achieve this kind of satisfaction playing with a computer is such a nice thing!

Sgear rocks... :cunning:
  • gabrielscruff
  • Tone Master
Life is music
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S gear with Nebula 4 years 8 months ago #11205

what about some warm duke ? i guess is just because winter is my actual weather condition... :oops:

nebula preamp for warm stuff a little...(Henry Olonga - buzzard -based on a termionic culture vulture) nebula cabinet (Ownhammer 112-GTR DLX MIX Vintage Speaker Collection silver alnico with some RBN 160)

www.mediafire.com/listen/u4cvgw12d24e7vw/duke+mix.wav
.............................................................................................................................................................................
just sgear....

www.mediafire.com/listen/yu6dvl8rl0c743l/duke+mix+sg.wav
.............................................................................................................................................................................

the track i use in this video is from youtube... and is not mine.. so you can check some jam tracks in this channel...

the preset is liontone... very little tweaking... i just change the channel to normal... and turn the boost on...

rock on folks!
peace
B)
  • gabrielscruff
  • Tone Master
Life is music
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S gear with Nebula 4 years 8 months ago #11216

Unmistakably Duke. Very nice sound and tasty playing. Reminds me a bit of the Larry Carlton guitar solo sound on the 80's era 'Hill Street Blues' TV show theme. In this case, I prefer the crisper sound without the preamp and OH cabs. Maybe it's just the preamp, but it softens the attack a lot. The sound is also more focused in the center of the stereo field -- all depends on what you want within a mix. Hey, here's a fun live Larry Carlton medley of his famous solos:
  • GCKelloch
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S gear with Nebula 4 years 8 months ago #11235

Hey man TKS !!! Don't say it loud.... or Larry will find me and hit me !!! LOL...

I do understand man! Taste is taste and i do respect yours!

By the way this time Jackal ...amazing amp !!! This time... ive tried something a little more "crazy" ... turn my preamp down and use a nebula tape preamp to create a preamp with a cream drive into the Jackal "Dark lead" preset.. just tweaking a little (presence, and clean chanel with no boost) the boost is from nebula alone...

A nebula preamp > sgear (with his own cab just for reference)

www.mediafire.com/listen/i9mzea04phyyh8m/preamp+neb+sg+cab.wav
..........................................................................................................................................................................

B nebula preamp > sgear cab off > nebula ownhammer cab

www.mediafire.com/listen/d3u4edd6f28hlid/preamp+neb.wav
...........................................................................................................................................................................

2 bonus files... the first

nebula preamp> 2 od pedals > sgear cab off > nebula ownhammer cab

www.mediafire.com/listen/kzp1535giaxwa8m...b+external+boost.wav

nebula high quality bounce version... i change some parameters inside nebula to get this sound... i don't think it makes a "big" diference ... but i think i can hear more pick attack and details.. maybe my ears are just tired... in general is the same files as the previous B track but with this tweak. I don't bounce like this normally because it takes more time to bounce and do the rendering process . Normally 40seconds turn out to a 5 minutes bounce...

www.mediafire.com/listen/ccemjab8x6y8uiy...amp+neb+full+res.wav

Peace!!!
  • gabrielscruff
  • Tone Master
Life is music
Last edit: 4 years 8 months ago by gabrielscruff.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S gear with Nebula 4 years 8 months ago #11316

what about some strokes type of sound? just a little dirty saturation... light od...

here you can here the sound of a tape preamp..just to give the sort of saturation... before the duke... dark lead preset with little tweak...

overdrive chanel on 3.5 bass and middle on 5 treble all the way up presence all the way down... bright switch on amp drive on...
only just a hair of reverb from the fresh air preset..03% wet ...

and a nebula cabinet from a 2x12 alnico silver speaker... with a RBN 160 (based on Beyerdynamic M160)mic.

i set the pan a little to the right... but you can listen in mono...

sounds cool?

www.mediafire.com/listen/8vu5il9dvm6d1en/strokesA.wav
  • gabrielscruff
  • Tone Master
Life is music
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S gear with Nebula 4 years 8 months ago #11326

Sounds right on as always. I think The Duke Overdrive channel eqs out the highs, maybe less so with the Tweak section Bright OD Voicing. That's why you need to boost the Treble to get some crunch, but it does seem to have a slight piercing quality the Presence knob doesn't really counter. I bet you could get it sounding better in the Clean channel with the Boost & Amp Drive switches on, and the Treble way down & Presence way up. Try the Pres Freq at 5 and and the OD Voicing to taste, depending on the Bright switch. My guess is: Bright switch off, Normal or Bright OD Voicing.
  • GCKelloch
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S gear with Nebula 4 years 8 months ago #11332

Hey Greg!

Nice man tks!! I need to try your configuration ... sounds like a plan!

By the way man....I Love the Duke !!!!

Sounds soo cool when you just add a little od just to give a sort of dirt tone... sounds cool!

Tks for the tip!!! I will check how it sounds!
  • gabrielscruff
  • Tone Master
Life is music
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S gear with Nebula 4 years 8 months ago #11333

Hey buddy, I'm just heading off to sleep, I really love the Duke sound too, but I think I spoke too soon. I don't think you can get enough gain from the clean channel. White noise through the amp shows the OD channel boosts ~1-2kHz by ~10db and rolls off above that. I think that's about right for the Strokes sound. The Treble knob then just shifts that boost from ~1 - 2kHz. The Presence just opens up the upper-harmonics without changing the spectrum much, but the OD voicings change the spectrum a little. So, maybe just play with the Tweak knobs and Presence, or leave it as is. I think I may be a little oversensitive about harshness, or it could be the cab mic/placements? There is a point where removing any potential harshness compromises definition, so it's all about how it sounds in a mix. Sometimes I just listen and tweak while playing a song in the background. Any consistent background sound can give a reasonable idea of how it will fit in. Take care.
  • GCKelloch
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S gear with Nebula 4 years 8 months ago #11381

Yep !!! Sounds cool in a mix situation... i think i dial the tone playing togheter with the track.. in mix situation sounds nice..

today i tried some new settings and sounds really good...

using some tape preamp ... duke and the same ownhammer 2x12 alnico silver with a RBN 160 (based on Beyerdynamic M160)mic...

will post some clips later!

tks for checking that out man!
  • gabrielscruff
  • Tone Master
Life is music
SIGN-IN TO REPLY
Time to create page: 0.110 seconds