TOPIC: S gear with Nebula

S gear with Nebula 5 years 2 weeks ago #8172

:rock out:

guys check this little jam using sgear and nebula!

soundcloud.com/gabriel-scruff/stolen-clean-sgear-preset
The following user(s) said Thank You: Studiostriver
  • gabrielscruff
  • Tone Master
Life is music
and music is life.... live the life... and feel the music...
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S gear with Nebula 5 years 2 weeks ago #8174

Niceeeee & warm :thumbs up:

Zabukowski
The following user(s) said Thank You: gabrielscruff
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S gear with Nebula 5 years 2 weeks ago #8177

Tks Zab man!!! check this little marshall vibe.... i know i know the playing sucks..... but i was tired..in the end i think it sounds cool.. except the bad playing.. LOL

soundcloud.com/gabriel-scruff/match-2 :rock out:
  • gabrielscruff
  • Tone Master
Life is music
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S gear with Nebula 5 years 2 weeks ago #8181

Very nice!
could you explain how did you use Nebula with S-Gear? Chain, effects and so on
thank you
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S gear with Nebula 5 years 2 weeks ago #8182

tks mate!

well i do normally use nebula as a cabinet ... my normal chain is

> sgear with cab bypass ( the cab section is already great but for even more realist results add nebula)
> nebula with some cab program from various developers.... could it be... ownhammer, Henry Olonga, Cdsoundmaster , rhythminmind ...some free ones .

but to get the results as the ones in this topic, ive used a match eq to capture the eq curve from a plexi style amp from a youtube video and applied to my guitar sound..trying to get closer with my tone and just creating the eq curve for the closer response.

the match eq could be used after sgear...or after nebula... the cdsoudmaster GTR VTX programs give a great result because the sample process capture the preamp to output speaker with match impedance... so it give a more dynamic and realistc sound to the already great stealer for example.

you get good results if you get the tone closer from the start.... for example i wont to capture a great sound isolated from a plexi amp style with a stratocaster demo... this will only sound close if i choose an amp like the stealer with my strato plugged in ...

hope it helps ! i dont wont to "sell" nebula... but it adds realism that itb lacks of.... i do think that match eq feature will get a great result if you do it right and can be a sort of "kemper" clone feature...almost... because nebula adds that missing air...aspect... the dynamic....
  • gabrielscruff
  • Tone Master
Life is music
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S gear with Nebula 5 years 2 weeks ago #8184

I'm not sure what I think about EQ matching capabilities. I see Bias from PositiveGrid is going to have this soon in their about to be released Mac OS X app. I think we should be inspired by what we see the professionals doing, and the sounds we've come to love from existing recordings. But innovation and personalization are important too. Getting close to a tone is often good enough for me, just like getting close to a solo is good enough. After all, users can just play the recordings if they want something exact. I'm not a professional musician, and I don't have the greatest gear. But I have my own "signature" approach to music that is different than anyone else. That seems valuable, even if I'm not the best at anything. Its the differences in life we notice after all.

This is what I like about S-Gear. Mike designed new amps in the digital domain, he didn't just duplicate something from the analog domain we already have. Yes the designs and tones are inspired by the past, but its the combination of the tones of the past and the unique capabilities of the digital future that make S-Gear so compelling.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S gear with Nebula 5 years 2 weeks ago #8185

i agree with you in some points.... but i think that if you add a little match eq for just to "capture" that "tonestack" if you have the chance to plug in and get that tone "quickly" it is much more inspiring to be creative. the match eq feature is something that im experimenting just about a 2 or 3 days... so the results are quite simple, but ive found that it is much more exciting to play with the tone closer to the one inside my mind. If try to get closer to a "marshall or fender " tone is something bad...well i love beein bad!

a quick comparison between sgear own cabs... nebula cab ...and nebula plus match eq...
in the end of the day all that matter is if you are happy... and with sgear... im very happy!
soundcloud.com/gabriel-scruff/sets/match...ith-sgear-and-nebula
  • gabrielscruff
  • Tone Master
Life is music
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S gear with Nebula 5 years 1 week ago #8191

more sounclips ....

soundcloud.com/gabriel-scruff/sets/sgear-and-nebula-1

soundcloud.com/gabriel-scruff/sets/sgear-and-nebula

have fun guys!!! im a very happy little musician!!! :rock out:
  • gabrielscruff
  • Tone Master
Life is music
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S gear with Nebula 5 years 1 week ago #8194

Thank you for posting your tracks. Honestly the tones seem good to me, both in the nebula and non nebula version. They're just different, but surely not a different class. Indeed, it's a tool that adds something to the tonal palette for sure, but for now, I think that I will be fine with s-gear convolver
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S gear with Nebula 5 years 1 week ago #8200

Yes mate!! the only thing that matter is to find the sound that is inside your head and put into motion ...ringing into your strings ... and if someone enjoy the song..even better!!!

nebula adds a little 3dness imo... but the pro convolver is amazing !!! Love this product...Mike is such a blessed man by creating something of that caliber..and make at least my days even better with my guitar and so on! ...new sounds arriving asap ... peace and make good music!!! :rock out:
  • gabrielscruff
  • Tone Master
Life is music
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S gear with Nebula 5 years 6 days ago #8224

i did like the S-Gear sound much more than Nebula sounds.
  • Aristoteles D
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S gear with Nebula 5 years 4 days ago #8245

hey man thats nice!!! the pro convolver sounds amazing!!! I think the only thing that is diferent is the fell aspect when youre using a nebula cab... is sounds more "alive".. the fell is pretty much diferent.... but for each his own! i still testing out and the results are nice! Sgear is very nice bro!
  • gabrielscruff
  • Tone Master
Life is music
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S gear with Nebula 5 years 4 days ago #8246

can you guys help me and tell me if there is an audible diference between this 2 sound clips?

it really help the extra pair of ears opinion in this case!!!

soundcloud.com/gabriel-scruff/sets/cabs

tks :rock out:
  • gabrielscruff
  • Tone Master
Life is music
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S gear with Nebula 5 years 4 days ago #8251

Yes, there is. The first sounds processed, the second raw.

The first have lows and highs a little bit pumped, the second one had too many mids, lacked a bit of note separation.

Both are useful sounds in different contexts, so... pick your poison! ;)
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S gear with Nebula 5 years 1 day ago #8263

yep your ears are sharp mate!! LOL !!! tks for the insight !!! Really nice to hear some extra toughts from an extra pair of ears!!! good help!!!
  • gabrielscruff
  • Tone Master
Life is music
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S gear with Nebula 5 years 1 day ago #8265

THIS can show a little more about what nebula adds to the final sound ...no eq in both the clips.... in the last one is an AB between sgear and nebula....

soundcloud.com/gabriel-scruff/sets/cab-sgear-and-nebula
  • gabrielscruff
  • Tone Master
Life is music
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S gear with Nebula 4 years 11 months ago #8277

new nebula amp programs.. good clean tone with sgear!!

soundcloud.com/gabriel-scruff/sets/henry-olonga-nebula-new-amps

• gabrielscruff
  • Tone Master
Life is music
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S gear with Nebula 4 years 11 months ago #8291

gabrielscruff wrote:

but to get the results as the ones in this topic, ive used a match eq to capture the eq curve from a plexi style amp from a youtube video and applied to my guitar sound..trying to get closer with my tone and just creating the eq curve for the closer response.

the match eq could be used after sgear...or after nebula... the cdsoudmaster GTR VTX programs give a great result because the sample process capture the preamp to output speaker with match impedance... so it give a more dynamic and realistc sound to the already great stealer for example.

you get good results if you get the tone closer from the start.... for example i wont to capture a great sound isolated from a plexi amp style with a stratocaster demo... this will only sound close if i choose an amp like the stealer with my strato plugged in ...

I'm curious about match eqing but don't have the software or know-how to try it myself, would you mind making a Wayfarer preset from this Diezel clip? soundcloud.com/eduardo-del-lamo/diezel-herbert-kpa-profile-raw
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S gear with Nebula 4 years 11 months ago #8298

• gabrielscruff
  • Tone Master
Life is music
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S gear with Nebula 4 years 11 months ago #8299

hey bro!! i would love to!!! but for my approach i really need a DI track at least with a similar guitar... because mine is a strato and it will sound weak compared... but if you provide a DI track of some sort of the same riffs or close to the ones in the clip .... i can try to help...

match eq can add a good result but some other type of plugins can help either.... for example the BBE sonic maximizer... add a sort of bottom end and trebble... or even a little of eq by ear type.... i still think that eq match is a great approach.

:rock out: :rock out:
The following user(s) said Thank You: a111
  • gabrielscruff
  • Tone Master
Life is music
SIGN-IN TO REPLY
Time to create page: 0.199 seconds