TOPIC: Small Bose speaker for amp sims

Small Bose speaker for amp sims 2 weeks 1 day ago #23669

Hi all...have a Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 and listen to my playing (Scuffham and other amp sims) through headphones. Never cared for neutral sounding studio monitors (most likely due to my old ears) and I have tried quite a few. I do not record or play out just use amp sims for the fun of playing a variety of amps I will never own. The room I am in is fairly small (8' by 12' or so).

I use Grado hifi type headphones and am satisfied with what I hear however there are days where I do not feel like wearing headphones. Was thinking about this and started researching small PA's. You think this set up would work? Scuffham plug in (for example) loaded in Reaper, tone going out the back of the audio device into this small PA. I could then tweak the treble and bass for some further minor tone sculpting (while playing at a civilized volume).

www.bose.com/en_us/products/speakers/por...tml#ProductTabs_tab4

I think it could work from me but am hesitate to purchase without the ability to try out my theory. What do think?

Dave
"There's nothing wrong with you that a good shuffle boogie won't cure"
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Small Bose speaker for amp sims 2 weeks 21 hours ago #23670

I would not get that. Bluetooth will add latency - and may (apparently) even add it if you plug in directly, depending on how that device is built.

A better proposition would be the Alto TS310: www.altoprofessional.com/products/ts310

It’s bigger but cheaper and is a ‘proper’ PA speaker, used by lots of guitarists. Rebadged, these are sold as the Headrush FRFR (apparently). You don’t need to get a pair.

I have two of these and I have a room about the same size as yours. You certainly wouldn’t want to play even one at full volume in there but turned out it will be fine IMO.
Last edit: 2 weeks 21 hours ago by qryss.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Small Bose speaker for amp sims 2 weeks 13 hours ago #23671

I have a pair of Bose S1's, acquired for general purpose use, not specifically for guitar. I have tried them with S-Gear and they are fun to play through, pleasing, but not an accurate sound and not very powerful. Latency isn't an issue plugging direct. My advice would be to go to a dealer and try out any speaker system you are considering.
  • mike
  • Administrator
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Small Bose speaker for amp sims 2 weeks 8 hours ago #23672

Thanks for the suggestions! For someone who tends to impulse buy I would definitely like to try this type of setup before purchasing.

Cheers...

Dave
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Small Bose speaker for amp sims 1 week 5 days ago #23675

If you're not planning on playing out, would a set of studio monitors work for you? I have the JBL LSR308 8" Powered Studio Monitors and love them.
  • ryentzer
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Small Bose speaker for amp sims 1 week 4 days ago #23681

I have tried various studio monitors and some quality ones at thant. They are so flat and accurate but don't work from me. I don't mix or record and prefer a more hifi-ish tone. Appreciate the reply.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Small Bose speaker for amp sims 1 week 4 days ago #23682

You should try ADAM TV7. Nice to listen to music and very good with S Gear
  • fatherjacques
  • Tone King
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Small Bose speaker for amp sims 1 week 2 days ago #23684

Thanks FJ....will do some investigation.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY
Time to create page: 0.063 seconds