TOPIC: unable to control Room thing mix and decay settings from Ableton Live

unable to control Room thing mix and decay settings from Ableton Live 8 months 1 week ago #23241

I have successfully used Ableton Live to map various knobs on my presets to my FCB1010. For some reason I can't get the Room thing mix nor decay to map correctly. These are listed from the plugin as "reverb mix" and "reverb decay".

Could the renaming from room thing to reverb be a cause?
  • humbuckr
  • Tone Master
Humbuckr
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

unable to control Room thing mix and decay settings from Ableton Live 8 months 1 week ago #23242

Plot thickens. When I map the delay 1 mix knob in Ableton I can rotate the knob with the mouse just fine. the effect responds correctly. When I use the expression pedal on the FCB1010 the UI slider moves like it should but the sgear plug in does NOT respond. hmmm
  • humbuckr
  • Tone Master
Humbuckr
Last edit: 8 months 1 week ago by humbuckr.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

unable to control Room thing mix and decay settings from Ableton Live 8 months 1 week ago #23243

Windows or Mac? Have you tried the other plugin version for these platforms to see if there’s any difference? e.g. VST3/AU for Mac and VST3/VST2 for Windows.
  • kierank
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

unable to control Room thing mix and decay settings from Ableton Live 8 months 6 days ago #23246

good questions. MacOS, and I am using the AU versions of s-gear. Mike let me know to avoid the VST3s in later versions of Ableton.

I am going to try the same setup on my windows box with the VST3s. hope to isolate if the communication break is between the FCB1010 and Ableton or between Ableton and the plugin.
  • humbuckr
  • Tone Master
Humbuckr
Last edit: 8 months 6 days ago by humbuckr.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

unable to control Room thing mix and decay settings from Ableton Live 8 months 6 days ago #23247

hey Kierank - I took your idea and tested the same functionality on Windows using the VST3 s-gear plugin.

Everything works as it should. I can assign any number of knobs to a single expression pedal and they all update when i press on the pedal.

It appears to be an issue with the Mac versions of the AU plugin. I'll submit a support ticket
  • humbuckr
  • Tone Master
Humbuckr
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

unable to control Room thing mix and decay settings from Ableton Live 8 months 6 days ago #23248

I tested this with macOS 12.0.1 and Ableton 10 and indeed, with AudioUnit plug-ins, it seems that only one plug-in parameter is automated when the configured plug-in parameters are mapped to an external Midi CC. I found the same issue with all the AudioUnits I tried, so this is not an S-Gear specific problem. Perhaps there is a workaround, but I didn't find one!

It is strange because the external controller is clearly mapping to the Ableton on screen GUI knobs/sliders in the plug-in section, however, only one of the parameters is actually automating the plug-in.

I also concur that VST3 behaves as expected.

Thanks for reporting.
  • mike
  • Administrator
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

unable to control Room thing mix and decay settings from Ableton Live 8 months 4 days ago #23254

Thank for the additional debugging. So the options seem to be AU plugin with only 1 automation option
OR
use the VST3 plugin and crash my fingers that they don't crash.
OR
Try other VST Host on Mac with AU

Any update on VST3 stability in Ableton?
  • humbuckr
  • Tone Master
Humbuckr
SIGN-IN TO REPLY
Time to create page: 0.066 seconds