TOPIC: FCB1010 via USB UNO

FCB1010 via USB UNO 6 months 4 weeks ago #23155

I have upgraded my FCB1010 and want to connect to S-Gear.
I use a UNO midi to usb device
In Ableton (Windows) via VST2 or 3 i couldn't get any reaction to the midicontroller.
So i tried first i stand alone mode. First I couldn't see the controller, but found out that only 8 mididevices are shown.
After disconnecting some and a fresh restart the usb uno does show up, but it shows OFF, although its ON.
Any suggestions what to do?

Thanks
Attachments:
Last edit: 6 months 4 weeks ago by HammerOn.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

FCB1010 via USB UNO 6 months 4 weeks ago #23158

You can click on the 'Off' status to toggle it 'on'. The setting should persist when you restart S-Gear.

It is the case that the device list is limited to 8 devices. I have a request item to extend this in future to 16 or 32.
  • mike
  • Administrator
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

FCB1010 via USB UNO 6 months 4 weeks ago #23160

Owww clicked several times but to much to the left :ohmy: And yes more available would help also. I use a lot nowadays in combination with ableton. thanks Mike
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

FCB1010 via USB UNO 4 months 3 days ago #23387

HammerOn - I have been having a lot of fun using Ableton to provide more options to S-Gear and hope you can answer my question. I am using presets 1-7 for different s-gear amps. I use the left expression pedal on the FCB1010 to allow me to change different parameters on *each* preset. e.g. I can change the speed of the vibrato on the clean channel, dial in more/less gain on my blues patch. etc. (I use the right expression pedal for volume) All works great. What I am trying to do now is to use buttons 8 and 9 to toggle on/off other plugins in Ableton (e.g. Octave fx, stereo expanders). The state of the button gets lost when I switch presets. Do you know a way to "latch" the effect so it's state is preserved? thanks
  • humbuckr
  • Tone Master
Humbuckr
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

FCB1010 via USB UNO 2 months 2 weeks ago #23475

I have a UNO 2 chip, so the way of programming possibilities are different and also the functionality. For me
they work independently and I can also send an extra (even double) command to a different midichannel and route this in Ableton to two separate tracks. 1 with S-gear and the 2 for effects or another plugin..
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

FCB1010 via USB UNO 2 months 2 weeks ago #23476

Hi Mike,

Is there a way to store this midi device 'ON' in an ini file. Everytime I have to turn it ON, because when i have more than 8 devices plugged in and the mididevice for s-gear is automatically turned OFF. It doesn't remember that it should be ON.

Edit: Seemed a loose cable :dry: solved.. Cant delete my own post though
Last edit: 2 months 2 weeks ago by HammerOn.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY
Time to create page: 0.224 seconds