TOPIC: Performance View for Reaper

Performance View for Reaper 4 months 2 weeks ago #19327

klinge wrote:

One question: does the new version require running the VST3-version of S-Gear? I'm on windows so that would be a showstopper for me I guess..

The seamless preset switching that uses 2 S-Gear instances will only work using VST3. Otherwise it should still be fine. I haven't done any recent testing on windows so let me know if you hit any issues.
  • kierank
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Performance View for Reaper 4 months 2 weeks ago #19328

politicalEconomist wrote:

1) The ability to also easily access the Factory Presets.

2) Quicker access to plug-ins' native interfaces.

Thanks for your feedback! Number 2 will be easy as I can add a pref setting in the View menu to bring up the native interface when you right click.

Number 1 should also be possible with the VST3 plugin. This might be a little longer to implement, but I'd be happy to do it as I would also find it useful.
  • kierank
  • Tone Master
Last edit: 4 months 2 weeks ago by kierank.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Performance View for Reaper 1 week 3 days ago #19847

kierank wrote:

I have a new version to try. The main changes:
  • The FX plugins after S-Gear are now displayed.
  • The FX plugins can have a custom background and font colour, via the UI (using the system colour/swatch tool).
  • Individual FX plugins can be hidden via the UI e.g. if they are 'always on' or ones you never need to see/edit via the script. This can be achieved either from the menu icon shown on the individual plugin box, or via the 'FX' option in the top menubar.
  • When the top menubar is active, each FX plugin and S-Gear rack device box will display a menu icon in the corner. The menu provides options to (1) open the plugin window, (2) display the quick edit controls (same thing as when you right-click the plugin box), (3) set your custom colours for the plugin, and (4) globally hide the plugin. This can be seen the screenshot below.

It seems the feature to hide some of the plugs via the UI, which is discussed in the quote above, is not available for me. I am using the files found in "S-Gear Viewer 0.95.zip" which was posted on the thread below:

https://www.scuffhamamps.com/forum/s-gear-rigs-controllers/8298-performance-view-for-reaper/reply/18541?quote=1#19054https://www.scuffhamamps.com/forum/s-gear-rigs-controllers/8298-performance-view-for-reaper/reply/18541?quote=1#19054
  • politicalEconomist
  • Tone Star
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Performance View for Reaper 1 week 1 day ago #19854

I had removed that option in the latest version just to simplify things - as I was figuring out how to include other plugins in the snapshots. I have been continuing to work on it, so will look at adding it back.
The following user(s) said Thank You: politicalEconomist
  • kierank
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Performance View for Reaper 6 days 8 hours ago #19858

No worries. I dug into the script and remembered you had a section for hiding the FX. I also got carried away in the fx_defaults={} and made all the on/off buttons color matched to the native GUI for each of the plug-ins.

I have a few questions if you have time to answer them. No rush at all.

1) You added the S-Gear Amp logos, which makes it really nice. Would you be open to allowing a form of button customization where we could put .png files in the Images folder and then use those as the buttons rather than just the text defined by display_name?

- I realize this might make the auto-scaling not work, but I use a fixed zoom so I could create .pngs that would be the exact correct size.

2) Could you include a way similar to fx_not_displayed={} to hide the buttons for the S-Gear components. There are some of them I never switch when on a given preset so it would be nice to just hide them.

I sorted out #3, man Midi is such an overly complicated thing in Reaper.

3) I am still not able to get the midi to work the way I want it to work. I have been back and forth through your manual and its just not working. My foot controller is now the MeloAudio MIDI commander. As far as I can tell using MIDI Monitor, the patch-up and patch-down buttons only send Program Changes with the Data corresponding to the patch number.

I want to either:

- Send the patch # as a Program Change with the patch number as the Data. This works great in stand-alone but I cannot make it work inside Reaper.

- OR, I'd like to just use the up and down buttons to scroll through the presets. But I am not sure how to accomplish that with the Program Changes my pedal sends.

Current Settings:
- Controller
-- Sending on Channel 13
-- Send program command changes that correspond to the patch number.

-In Reaper:
-- The Controller is set as "Control Only+ in the REAPER Preferences MIDI hardware settings.

-- In the S-Gear Controller (Pre) JS:
--- MIDI Input Channel is 13
--- MIDI Output Channel is 14
--- All other options in S-Gear Controller Pre are left at their default.
*** Note: If I move the Presets or Snapshots Slider it works as expected.

- In S-Gear:
-- The MIDI Channel is set to 14.

I am using the VST3 version of S-Gear inside reaper.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks again for the script its so helpful.
  • politicalEconomist
  • Tone Star
Last edit: 4 days 13 hours ago by politicalEconomist.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Performance View for Reaper 2 days 22 hours ago #19870

I'm glad you sorted your midi issue. I mostly stick with the one Reaper practice/jam project, so only have to set things up the one time in that project. Saving your S-Gear track and midi track as a single 'Track Template' is the best option for being able to more easily get things set up on new projects.

For the image buttons, were you thinking of having separate images for the Active and Bypass states? Feel free to provide some samples I could try out.

For excluding the S-Gear components, were you expecting a global option for all presets, or a per-preset option? Are they ones like the Amp and Cab blocks?
  • kierank
  • Tone Master
Last edit: 2 days 22 hours ago by kierank.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY
Time to create page: 0.247 seconds