TOPIC: Beautiful CLEAN Presets (JohnnyA?)

Beautiful CLEAN Presets (JohnnyA?) 1 month 3 weeks ago #21761

Everybody appears focused on distorted/overdrive guitar sounds - how about some really gorgeous fat clean presets?? JohnnyA springs to mind but a good varied set of CLEAN presets would be great!!! Carl
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Beautiful CLEAN Presets (JohnnyA?) 1 month 2 weeks ago #21809

camog,

In all honestly, I have never been able to get what I would refer to as "super clean" tones from S-Gear.

Yes...I know that this comment is a very subjective one...but if you would care to have a look-see at Overoud's TH-U "Atmosphere" and "4th-dimension" presets from the "Meet The Randalls - LynchBox" Bank .. this might give you an idea of what I would refer to as "clean sounds".

Neural DSP's Plini does a nice job as well!
  • mr-es335
  • Tone Master
Last edit: 1 month 2 weeks ago by mr-es335.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Beautiful CLEAN Presets (JohnnyA?) 1 month 2 weeks ago #21814

Hello,
I got beautiful clean sounds using the 003: Alberto's Pedal Platform (Clean) and the 013: Alberto's Rhythmic Clean presets from the S-Gear ‘Producer Pack’ by Alberto Barrero that you can find here: www.scuffhamamps.com/news/20-product-news/108-ab-producerpack .
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Beautiful CLEAN Presets (JohnnyA?) 1 month 2 weeks ago #21821

I was able to get pretty close to my Twin with the Wayfarer. You really need to try different speaker IRs.

High overhead cleans like that is where a lot of amp sims fall flat. S-Gear got me closer than others for sure but needed some tweaking.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mr-es335
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Beautiful CLEAN Presets (JohnnyA?) 1 month 2 weeks ago #21822

mattias,

Some nice presets here...in particular the "014: Alberto's Cinematic Guitars"
  • mr-es335
  • Tone Master
Last edit: 1 month 2 weeks ago by mr-es335.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Beautiful CLEAN Presets (JohnnyA?) 1 month 1 week ago #21839

Thanks a lot guys for your replies and suggestions - much appreciated!!
I may have been too hopeful thinking I could get the clean sounds i was looking for via an amp sim - I see now why people like Gregor Hilden in Germany only ever mics up his Fender amp, and mostly uses only 2 pedals! He gets exquisite tone with a simple setup and no fiddling around - looks like I will have to stick with my 2 handwired valve amps and a mic in front, anything else just sounds 'digital'!
S-Gear still very good for practicing with headphones, so it remains very useful! Cheers all, Carl
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Beautiful CLEAN Presets (JohnnyA?) 4 weeks 22 hours ago #21868

I had a fiddle around with the 'SWAMPY TREMOLO' preset in S-Gear while looking for a clean & warm valve type sound - this is what I came up with (MOJO P90 underwound pickups):

soundcloud.com/user-851029178/chill-passion-instrumental

Original tune of mine playing everything myself.

Carl
The following user(s) said Thank You: mike, fatherjacques, jamsden, cojoguitar, Maki
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Beautiful CLEAN Presets (JohnnyA?) 4 weeks 19 hours ago #21873

WOW Carl! That was a seriously relaxing and beautiful song. Very impressive that you played everything yourself!! This song reminds me of something from when I was young, but I just can't put my finger on what it is. Maybe it will come to me...

Thank you for posting, and for the obvious hard (or maybe soft) work you put into this piece.

t_b_o_t
  • the_bear_over_there
  • Tone Star
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Beautiful CLEAN Presets (JohnnyA?) 4 weeks 10 hours ago #21877

Hi t-b-o-t, thanks a lot for your nice comment - glad you liked my 'Chill Passion' tune! It's the first time I've used any amp-sim for recording - I was keen to get the tune online to see what people thought of the guitar tone, S-Gear is great and I'm chuffed I discovered and purchased it!
All the best from the UK, cheers - Carl
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Beautiful CLEAN Presets (JohnnyA?) 3 weeks 5 days ago #21898

Here's another bluesy instrumental with S-Gear:
soundcloud.com/user-851029178/irresistible-blues-instrumental

Cheers, Carl
The following user(s) said Thank You: fatherjacques, cojoguitar
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Beautiful CLEAN Presets (JohnnyA?) 3 weeks 5 days ago #21900

Sorry had to re-upload the track as I missed a glitch in the mix balance - here's the new link:
soundcloud.com/user-851029178/irresistible-blues-instrumental

Cheers, Carl
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Beautiful CLEAN Presets (JohnnyA?) 3 weeks 4 days ago #21903

Really enjoyed listening to these tracks Carl. Nice depth to the guitar sound. I think it does some credit to S-Gear. Thanks for posting :thumbs up:

What kind of guitar are you playing?
  • mike
  • Administrator
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Beautiful CLEAN Presets (JohnnyA?) 3 weeks 4 days ago #21905

Hi Mike, thanks a lot for your comment - I didn't expect to get close to the warm clean sound I was looking for using an amp sim, as I keep tweaking S-Gear I feel more & more comfortable with it. The guitar is a slightly undersized PRS shape in solid mahogany, made by a friend of mine - but most importantly, the pickups are MOJO P90 Underwound ( www.mojopickups.co.uk )! Photo attached.
Glad you thought it was ok - cheers from the UK, Carl
The following user(s) said Thank You: mike
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Beautiful CLEAN Presets (JohnnyA?) 1 week 6 days ago #21933

That's beautiful Carl. Loved that track!
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Beautiful CLEAN Presets (JohnnyA?) 1 week 6 days ago #21934

That was very pretty!
  • asintoras
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Beautiful CLEAN Presets (JohnnyA?) 1 week 6 days ago #21935

Hi 'jazzdod' and 'asintoras' - super pleased you like my tracks using S-Gear 2.9 with clean guitar sound, thanks a lot for your comments!!!
Best regards, Carl
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Beautiful CLEAN Presets (JohnnyA?) 1 week 5 days ago #21936

I am now following your Soundcloud channel. Very tasty stuff, really enjoyed listening to it.
And yes, I get that feeling with SOME clean tones (some Fendery stuff is just spot on with S-Gear), but I haven't been able to recreate a tone like what I get from using my Gibson amps, which I like quite a lot. Here is an example - with no intention to hijack your post - just to show a fat clean tone I like, although probably completely different from the tones you are after:

Which part of the UK are you based? I am in Exeter, Devon. Cheers!
  • asintoras
  • Tone Master
Last edit: 1 week 5 days ago by asintoras.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Beautiful CLEAN Presets (JohnnyA?) 1 week 5 days ago #21937

Thank you 'asintoras' - lovely playing and blown away by your YT stuff, you do seem to have long fingers (lucky you!!). Lovely tone from your Gibson amps - I too have a couple of hardwired valve amps which I cherish, but sadly where I live I can't shut my bedroom window during the summer to play guitar & amp as I have neighbours close by. This is why I experimented with the S-Gear amp sim - I'm miles from you up in East Anglia (between Colchester & Ipswich). Will keep looking for more of your great music!! Best, Carl
SIGN-IN TO REPLY
Time to create page: 0.113 seconds