TOPIC: Beautiful CLEAN Presets (JohnnyA?)

Beautiful CLEAN Presets (JohnnyA?) 2 weeks 3 days ago #21761

Everybody appears focused on distorted/overdrive guitar sounds - how about some really gorgeous fat clean presets?? JohnnyA springs to mind but a good varied set of CLEAN presets would be great!!! Carl
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Beautiful CLEAN Presets (JohnnyA?) 1 week 2 days ago #21809

camog,

In all honestly, I have never been able to get what I would refer to as "super clean" tones from S-Gear.

Yes...I know that this comment is a very subjective one...but if you would care to have a look-see at Overoud's TH-U "Atmosphere" and "4th-dimension" presets from the "Meet The Randalls - LynchBox" Bank .. this might give you an idea of what I would refer to as "clean sounds".

Neural DSP's Plini does a nice job as well!
  • mr-es335
  • Tone Master
Last edit: 1 week 2 days ago by mr-es335.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Beautiful CLEAN Presets (JohnnyA?) 1 week 2 days ago #21814

Hello,
I got beautiful clean sounds using the 003: Alberto's Pedal Platform (Clean) and the 013: Alberto's Rhythmic Clean presets from the S-Gear ‘Producer Pack’ by Alberto Barrero that you can find here: www.scuffhamamps.com/news/20-product-news/108-ab-producerpack .
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Beautiful CLEAN Presets (JohnnyA?) 1 week 1 day ago #21821

I was able to get pretty close to my Twin with the Wayfarer. You really need to try different speaker IRs.

High overhead cleans like that is where a lot of amp sims fall flat. S-Gear got me closer than others for sure but needed some tweaking.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mr-es335
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Beautiful CLEAN Presets (JohnnyA?) 1 week 1 day ago #21822

mattias,

Some nice presets here...in particular the "014: Alberto's Cinematic Guitars"
  • mr-es335
  • Tone Master
Last edit: 1 week 1 day ago by mr-es335.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Beautiful CLEAN Presets (JohnnyA?) 3 days 6 hours ago #21839

Thanks a lot guys for your replies and suggestions - much appreciated!!
I may have been too hopeful thinking I could get the clean sounds i was looking for via an amp sim - I see now why people like Gregor Hilden in Germany only ever mics up his Fender amp, and mostly uses only 2 pedals! He gets exquisite tone with a simple setup and no fiddling around - looks like I will have to stick with my 2 handwired valve amps and a mic in front, anything else just sounds 'digital'!
S-Gear still very good for practicing with headphones, so it remains very useful! Cheers all, Carl
SIGN-IN TO REPLY
Time to create page: 0.068 seconds