TOPIC: "Drippy" Reverb Surf sound

"Drippy" Reverb Surf sound 2 months 5 days ago #20547

Can anyone help me to use the reverb options in the "Room Thing" to produce a "drippy" reverb that is used in Surf music. Drip is a ping sound heard in a spring reverb when a percussive note is played. One of the best drippy reverb pedals is the Boss FRV-1 and I would like to emulate the sound in S-Gear if possible. I look forward to other forum members who share my enthusiasm for this "surf" sound contributing to my quest.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

"Drippy" Reverb Surf sound 2 months 4 days ago #20563

I haven't been able to get a coax a drippy spring verb out of S-Gear, or any of my amp sim reverbs for that matter. I think your best bet would be a dedicated spring like Softube's Spring Reverb, but it'll cost you $50.
The following user(s) said Thank You: LDE1949
"Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes." - Jack Handey
Last edit: 2 months 3 days ago by soundog.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

"Drippy" Reverb Surf sound 1 month 4 days ago #20652

I'm trying out more styles with my strat, and surf is something new to me. TBH I had never heard the term 'drip'. Hearing a few demos of reverb pedals online I now know what you mean. In addition to the Softube plugin, I can also get the drip in Audiority's Xenoverb plugin. I was playing around with the 'Gasoline Tank' preset with the Mix lowered to 25%. I seem to be harping on about this company a bit lately, but I enjoy all their plugins.
  • kierank
  • Tone Master
Last edit: 1 month 4 days ago by kierank.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY
Time to create page: 0.054 seconds