TOPIC: "Drippy" Reverb Surf sound

"Drippy" Reverb Surf sound 6 months 6 days ago #20547

Can anyone help me to use the reverb options in the "Room Thing" to produce a "drippy" reverb that is used in Surf music. Drip is a ping sound heard in a spring reverb when a percussive note is played. One of the best drippy reverb pedals is the Boss FRV-1 and I would like to emulate the sound in S-Gear if possible. I look forward to other forum members who share my enthusiasm for this "surf" sound contributing to my quest.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

"Drippy" Reverb Surf sound 6 months 5 days ago #20563

I haven't been able to get a coax a drippy spring verb out of S-Gear, or any of my amp sim reverbs for that matter. I think your best bet would be a dedicated spring like Softube's Spring Reverb, but it'll cost you $50.
The following user(s) said Thank You: LDE1949
www.johnplainsong.com
Newest album "Strange Tales" now available for streaming or purchase.
Last edit: 6 months 5 days ago by soundog.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

"Drippy" Reverb Surf sound 5 months 5 days ago #20652

I'm trying out more styles with my strat, and surf is something new to me. TBH I had never heard the term 'drip'. Hearing a few demos of reverb pedals online I now know what you mean. In addition to the Softube plugin, I can also get the drip in Audiority's Xenoverb plugin. I was playing around with the 'Gasoline Tank' preset with the Mix lowered to 25%. I seem to be harping on about this company a bit lately, but I enjoy all their plugins.
  • kierank
  • Tone Master
Last edit: 5 months 5 days ago by kierank.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

"Drippy" Reverb Surf sound 3 months 2 weeks ago #21055

Try the reverb before the pro convolver. It will make the reverb more lively.
Last edit: 3 months 2 weeks ago by mkruse.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

"Drippy" Reverb Surf sound 2 months 2 hours ago #21255

I just got this on sale PSP SpringBox . It's sounding very nice and does the drip thing.
  • kierank
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

"Drippy" Reverb Surf sound 1 month 4 weeks ago #21258

mkruse wrote:

Try the reverb before the pro convolver. It will make the reverb more lively.
Interesting point. That would let the reverb see more high end frequencies that are being filtered out by the cabinet model, exciting it differently, assuming there are non-linearities in the reverb algorithm. This is also where the reverb is in the signal path of a typical Fender amp.

I wouldn't want all my reverb tones this way, I don't particularly care for the spring reverb sound of those old Fender amps. But it would be nice in some situations.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY
Time to create page: 0.100 seconds