TOPIC: Dave Mason Tone

Dave Mason Tone 8 months 4 weeks ago #19251

I just discovered S-Gear & I have to say that after a few days I've fallen in love with this software. I've tried so many of these programs & for the most part have been let down, but S-Gear has great tone & a lovely interface that doesn't overwhelm you.
I was wondering & hoping that someone with more experience with the digital world could help me find one of my most favorite electric guitar tones. It's from the playing of Dave Mason & his song, "Look At Me, Look At You." This wicked solo starts at the 4:50 minute of the song. Here's a sound clip of the song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSfAYnI3MBc

Thanks & thanks for the awesome software. Very much appreciated.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mike, fatherjacques
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Dave Mason Tone 8 months 4 weeks ago #19255

Hedges wrote:

I was wondering & hoping that someone with more experience with the digital world could help me find one of my most favorite electric guitar tones.This wicked solo starts at the 4:50 minute of the song. Here's a sound clip of the song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSfAYnI3MBc

Thanks & thanks for the awesome software. Very much appreciated.
I'd start with a single coil instrument, neck p'up, F27 Duke Pushed Clean 2 and/or F28 Duke Blues presets as starting points.

Good luck, and have fun nailing that Dave Mason solo; it shouldn't be that difficult, he uses one pentatonic scale and sticks to it for the entire solo.

Yours very truly,
Last edit: 8 months 4 weeks ago by LtKojak.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Dave Mason Tone 8 months 1 week ago #19317

LtKojak wrote:

Good luck, and have fun nailing that Dave Mason solo; it shouldn't be that difficult.

Sorry I couldn't get back to you sooner, so thanks for the help. I only started playing electric guitar 2 months ago so at this point everything is somewhat difficult, but I have been playing fingerstyle steel string guitars for the last 25 years, which gives me a good head-start. I was classically trained but fell in love with steel-string guitars when I was 15. I rarely play classical [nylon] guitars these days. The hardest thing at this point is trying to figure out what S-Gear can do, but I'm really enjoying the journey!

All the best

Holly
Last edit: 8 months 1 week ago by mike. Reason: correct the quotes
SIGN-IN TO REPLY
Time to create page: 0.114 seconds