TOPIC: Hard rock tone with a strat no effects maybe reverb

Hard rock tone with a strat no effects maybe reverb 10 months 2 weeks ago #19025

I really need to learn how to use the s-gear but to be honestly with you I cant get the rich harmonic sustain or even a heavy drive anywhere like I can with my orange rockerverb or my Bad Cat which you can bring in harmonc feedback on a 3rd interval anytime. That being said I wasn't expecting that. Does anyone have a thick sounding overdrive that shines on a single coil? Not heavy metal but hard rock like Josh Homme or hendrix without the effects Everything seems a tad sterile. Can someone give me a preset with somewhat thick and heavy gain for lead rythymns? I have yet to find a setting thats close to any of my amps. An orange gain thick would be nice. IS that possible? EVen with a strat? Thanks!!!
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Hard rock tone with a strat no effects maybe reverb 10 months 2 weeks ago #19026

So far the closest I got is turning off the effects on the electric lady. Actully just cranked the gain a bit and thats not half bad.. No harmonic sustain but I guess that will do...Unless there is something thicker.
Last edit: 10 months 2 weeks ago by Maestro.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Hard rock tone with a strat no effects maybe reverb 10 months 2 weeks ago #19028

I am a long time player (well, in relative to how long I have played) of HSS strat. Best of both worlds and so versatile, have never looked back (still have 3 single coil strat that hardly get touched). If you can live without a single coil bridge pick up that is. I personally don't care for it. YMMV
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Hard rock tone with a strat no effects maybe reverb 10 months 2 weeks ago #19036

Maestro wrote:

I cant get the rich harmonic sustain or even a heavy drive anywhere like I can with my orange rockerverb or my Bad Cat which you can bring in harmonc feedback on a 3rd interval anytime
You can get controlled feedback with S-Gear just like with any other other amp. The Law of Physics apply everywhere, anytime, always, so...all you need is enough gain and volume. That's all. ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: cojoguitar
Last edit: 10 months 2 weeks ago by LtKojak.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY
Time to create page: 0.068 seconds