• Page:

TOPIC: Lookng for a specific Dumble tone

Lookng for a specific Dumble tone 1 day 20 hours ago #18952

Jerry,
I appreciate that you took out the time to look through your projects for me and I appreciate your beautiful guitar playing. My Gibson Es335 guitar will turn 50 years old this May. The pickups are original but I don't know if their output is that low. Did you use the bridge pickup on Noodles with the Duke? Dancing With Lions has some fizziness to the sound that sounds reminiscent of Scofield or Mike Stern. Noodles has the clear pure sustain and power of Larry Carlton on his album 'On Solid Ground'. It's easily my favorite sound in S-Gear. Even the Robben Ford preset sounds a little crunchy. Installing an earlier version of S-Gear would solve the problem of you being able to check your settings as it would allow them to load up.
Thanks Jerry, - Richard
  • rocketail
  • Tone Seeker
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Lookng for a specific Dumble tone 1 day 1 hour ago #18954

rocketail wrote:

Installing an earlier version of S-Gear would solve the problem of you being able to check your settings as it would allow them to load up.

It would be problematic for Jerry to install the old pre-release version - unfortunately. I can say that the amp algorithms would have been exactly the same as the current Duke amp. So it's just a case of finding the right settings.

Mike
  • mike
  • Administrator
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Lookng for a specific Dumble tone 1 day 13 minutes ago #18955

Thanks for chipping in Mike!

Richard –the prerelease version did not have the Z control in the convolver, so it was effectively set on zero. I seem to remember increasing the bass and treble controls on the convolver slightly, but I can't remember which speaker impulse I used. Also Mike may correct me, but I don't believe he had implemented the amp drive switch at that time, so I would suggest you set that to off. Using one of the other Dumbley presets, try doing those things as a starting point. I would then probably try turning the presence to zero to begin with and generating the treble from the tone controls. Getting the correct balance between middle and treble controls is important, as is the correct amount of sag.
I hope this helps you!

Jerry
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Lookng for a specific Dumble tone 6 hours 23 minutes ago #18958

Hi Jerry!

What guitar/s did you use in the aforementioned demo songs?

Inquiring minds would like to know. ;)
  • LtKojak
  • Tone King
SIGN-IN TO REPLY
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.052 seconds