TOPIC: The GUI

The GUI 8 months 1 week ago #24907

I’m new to Scuffham. I imagine this has been discussed (maybe a million times), but the GUI leaves a great deal to be desired. We are in the age of the gorgeous GUI and while sound is ultimately way more important, the interface affects how things “feel” with a plugin. The Scuffham interface is just not up to par aesthetically. And it is hard to read unless blown up. That said, I bought S Gear because it sounds terrific and has lots of really useable amps, so I am NOT a “hater.”
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

The GUI 3 weeks 2 days ago #25294

In my view the best return of effort would be to port the visual assets and text rendering to support retina pixel density.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

The GUI 3 weeks 16 hours ago #25296

Jacobsen,

A few of things,

1) I am glad you obtained S-Gear 3...absolutely wonderful software!
2) I personally have NO issues with the user interface!
• As far as I am concerned, Mike has done some update work that has greatly improved overall workflow and aesthetics.
3) I do not agree at all with you in regards to "...the interface affects how things “feel” with a plugin".
• In a similar manner as that of a physical amp, the unit is behind me, so all of my attention "after the fact" is on the sound of the amp...and not on what the amp looks like. The same principle applies to software.

Just my $2.00 worth!
  • mr-es335
  • Tone Master
Sincerely,
mr_es335
www.sentinelmusicstudios.com
Last edit: 3 weeks 16 hours ago by mr-es335.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY
Time to create page: 0.044 seconds