TOPIC: Subfolders for the IRS

Subfolders for the IRS 1 year 3 months ago #24718

Hello there. I use many different IRs (York Audio, Lancaster ...) and I have imported them in the User Impulse Response Folder. But little by little they are hudge many and it is now quite difficult to get an overview of them.
I would like to have the possibility to create subfolders for my impulse responses, just the same way as for the presets
Maybe in the next update? ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: tonycore
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Subfolders for the IRS 1 month 1 week ago #25469

over a year later but I want to second this. Just bought a couple york IR packs and it's already overwhelming with the number of files they include. In fact I didn't even install 1/3 of each pack because it would make things even worse to navigate.
  • Jacks Smirking Revenge
  • Tone Star
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Subfolders for the IRS 1 month 1 week ago #25471

Subfolders would indeed be a very useful feature, or an improved IR browser for auditioning IR's in your local folders.

It is worth noting that the S-Gear IR import feature works by importing the IR file and creating a local copy of the impulse response, the idea being that your imported impulses will always be available even if you change or delete your regular IR folders. The imported IR's are also selectively pre-loaded/cached for performance.
The following user(s) said Thank You: fatherjacques
  • mike
  • Administrator
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Subfolders for the IRS 1 month 6 days ago #25476

After playing around with IR's for awhile a few more suggestions:

- 'Favorites' option for IRs
- 'Save' function for saving the active IR preset instead of having to guess the exact IR name in order to replace it
- Add a confirm button when deleting an IR preset. The User and Delete menus are very similar and I managed to delete a preset instead of loading it because I wasn't paying close enough attention.

Mike, going off your improved browser idea - perhaps a 'grouping' function so we can just select a group of impulses that share a common speaker / mic and then load / audition them in one screen instead of having to load them up one buy one. For example on how york handles their IR naming scheme:

YA (collection)(speaker)(mic)(file number)

So you would have anywhere from 3-12 files where everything is the same except the file number. If you grouped them together then added a group load function you could load them all at once and flip back and forth between them to pick which one you like best.
  • Jacks Smirking Revenge
  • Tone Star
Last edit: 1 month 6 days ago by Jacks Smirking Revenge.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY
Time to create page: 0.045 seconds