TOPIC: Allow different midi control options per preset

Allow different midi control options per preset 9 months 1 week ago #23175

I'm looking for the ability to control different parameters with my midi controller floorboard for each preset. From what I see in the app, the midi controls function globally across all presets. My controller has two expression pedals - I use one for amp volume and the other to mix in the amount of delay used on the presets.

I would like to be able to define what the expression pedals do on each preset. It would allow a ton of flexibility to leverage the qualities of each preset to fit the song. e.g. control the amount/speed of vibrato on the fly on one preset and on another preset control how much distortion is used, etc.

I imagine there is a reason the client doesn't support this but if push came to shove I would prioritize this capability over the addition of pedals into the signal chain.

Please let me know if this capability already exists and I just can't figure it out...
  • humbuckr
  • Tone Master
Humbuckr
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Allow different midi control options per preset 9 months 1 week ago #23176

The midi mapping in standalone mode is fixed.
I think your only options would be:

(1) if your controller has the concept of presets and you then define different CC messages for the buttons/expression for each preset,

(2) use S-Gear in a host, such as Gig Performer, which will allow you to create different ‘rackspaces’ for your sounds and then map different parameters from S-Gear or other plugins to the same physical controls on your midi controller.
  • kierank
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Allow different midi control options per preset 9 months 1 week ago #23178

The Nekar Pacer can do this. You can program a button to assign up to six different functions to an expression pedal. For instance: step on the button to control output, step again and control wah, again to control reverb depth and again to return to output control. You can assign on/off functions to other buttons. The Pacer can also control your DAW and can do a whole lot more. Its a great unit.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Allow different midi control options per preset 9 months 4 days ago #23192

I am using the Behringer 1010. Does this unit support the unique messages per preset?
  • humbuckr
  • Tone Master
Humbuckr
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Allow different midi control options per preset 9 months 4 days ago #23196

I think it is possible. Probably easier with one of the custom chips and a visual editor.
  • kierank
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY
Time to create page: 0.073 seconds