TOPIC: Dual Mono Operation

Dual Mono Operation 1 week 4 days ago #20606

I just bought S Gear and really like the sounds - simply amazing plugin (and I have tried a few over the years...)! I do miss the ability, however, to put S Gear on a stereo bus and route two mono tracks to it. The obvious benefit is to tweak one pair of panned guitars at the same time. It's a work flow killer during mixing to not be able to.

I hope it could be taken into consideration to make the amp blocks stereo (dual mono) in future updates!

Cheers.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Dual Mono Operation 1 week 3 days ago #20608

Thanks for the suggestion, and welcome to the forum.

ProTools has a dual mono mode which loads two instances of a plug-in for stereo tracks. Also it is usually possible to set up a aux bus using two mono tracks. Obviously the stereo rack is compromised unless you split the processing and have a separate stereo bus for the rack effects. The point I wanted to make is that there are some possibilities if you want to experiment with this right now.

Cheers!
  • mike
  • Administrator
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Dual Mono Operation 1 week 5 hours ago #20614

I owned Logic for several years and haven't tried setting up bus sends into separate instances of S-Gear on aux channels. This thread inspired me to give it a try. I found this webpage as a quick guide.
www.soundonsound.com/techniques/dual-mon...ack-stacks-logic-pro
I really like the results.
  • rose703
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Dual Mono Operation 6 days 6 hours ago #20616

rose703 wrote:

I owned Logic for several years and haven't tried setting up bus sends into separate instances of S-Gear on aux channels. This thread inspired me to give it a try. I found this webpage as a quick guide.
www.soundonsound.com/techniques/dual-mon...ack-stacks-logic-pro
I really like the results.
There you go. There's always several different ways to skin a cat, so to speak,:cunning:
SIGN-IN TO REPLY
Time to create page: 0.061 seconds