TOPIC: What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 3 years 5 months ago #12696

So Mike, there are lots of suggestions in here.

Any hints on what you might be working on that you can share with us at this time?
  • richpjr
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 3 years 5 months ago #12704

Hello,

1. Preset Management, akin to TH2's Sound Brower.

2. And as I noted in the guide "Using S-Gear2 Banks", the following might be a nice feature-set:

"It would be a nice feature set to have quick access to Presets 100 to 199. For example, maybe expanding on the Banks [0-9] < > option located in the Top Control Bar, adding a Bank [A-B] < > option, as shown below – thus providing quick access to presets 100to 199:

3. Have the Presets and LCD start at 001.
Attachments:
  • mr-es335
  • Tone Master
Last edit: 3 years 5 months ago by mr-es335.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 3 years 5 months ago #12727

In new S-Gear I would like to see new S-Gear for a change. :) Its being along time. :unsure:
  • Studiostriver
  • Tone Master
None existing
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 3 years 5 months ago #12765

A wah-wah pedal would be nice. I don't want to buy a specific midi pedal/appliance (FCB1010) to get that feature if Mike Scuffham might be releasing the elusive hardware device with perhaps an expression pedal input, footswitches, banking, etc as put out in this forum elsewhere and other Internet sites. Does anyone know the status of the future of S-Gear in so far as it being a hardware, software, or both type product offering?
  • rose703
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 3 years 5 months ago #12767

Hello,

1. A means of displaying the currently loaded .SFX file, as shown here:

2. A confirmation dialog when importing and exporting .SFX files, with the option of enabling/disabling this feature in the CONFIG view window.
Attachments:
  • mr-es335
  • Tone Master
Last edit: 3 years 5 months ago by mr-es335.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 3 years 5 months ago #12843

+1 for MIDI Learn
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 3 years 5 months ago #12864

Rauschen said all these features, and I am very much in agreement. S-Gear reorganization, please

Pro Convolver:
An upgraded Pro Convolver containing a third slot. Which we could use for a room kind of miking, like much far away in front of the cab or even a mike like positioned behind the cab.

I have a lot of Redwirez Impulses, at the moment it's quite awful to scroll through this even more tiny window. A search field to type which limits the list AND/OR it's just simply shows the folder structure how I stored the impulses on my hard disk, would very much ease the handling.

Thank you
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 3 years 4 months ago #12966

I would like to see S-Gear not get too bloated. I see a lot of requests for different amps and additional effects.

For me, there are already a variety of tones to be created for almost any genre/style of playing/music. It's clean, simple yet powerful. S-Gear sounds great and is the best amp emulation I have played with. A big factor of that is the immediacy to dial in a sounds without getting bogged down in options or too much choice. You can do sooo much with what is already there. Just get creative, dig deep and get to know the software as well as production techniques so you know how to dial in the sound you want.

I have seen others that have suggested it and I think it sounds like a good idea. It may be good to have a bare bones edition for people like me that like that it has the essential tools (really, it's pretty much all there) and a bundle/expansion for people that want to fit everything from the buffet on their plate.

People have requested a bass amp. Forget the current emulations are 'for' guitar and pretend they are for bass. You might be surprised how well they work on a bass guitar.

Like others, I previously requested a tuner feature. Mike has done a great job adding a simple tuner, it works great.

I would like to be able flick through presets with my keyboard arrow keys in the standalone app. Is that possible?
  • barrettisgold
  • Tone Star
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 3 years 4 months ago #12968

barrettisgold wrote:

I would like to see S-Gear not get too bloated.

as much as i respect your or anyone opinion... i think more amps and features are welcome and if you think you have all you need you just don't need to use new stuff that is add in future updates since can be complicated as far as i understand... you can get lost due to soo many possibie combinations...

i think if we have a quality product as sgear it can only get better... if Mike decide do add more amps in the end every body wins...since every amp is high quality + effects, i don't see why a software product shouldn't evolve or add more to the already great set of features...

if you don't like more amps ,effects,new irs or any other improvement
you just don't need to use it..since the layout dosen't change that much from update to update and you can still get safe without loose the track of your creativity.... your opinion .. my opinion hope you understand me... :thumbs up:
  • gabrielscruff
  • Tone Master
Life is music
and music is life.... live the life... and feel the music...
Last edit: 3 years 4 months ago by gabrielscruff.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 3 years 4 months ago #12969

Hello,

I believe that barrettisgold is actually on the right track...and though your comment "your opinion .. my opinion hope you understand me..."...I must truly and sincerely say, that I do not.
  • mr-es335
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 3 years 4 months ago #12970

I suppose I understand both sides. Additional features wouldn't necessarily bloat the app (that's just a challenge for the GUI/dashboard to sort out) so there's not much harm in having more options if you can ignore what you wouldn't use.

However, if quantity ever sacrifices quality then THAT would be a bad move. Luckily, Mike is taking a smart approach to this, only adding features once he's developed them to a degree to which he's happy, and he's set the bar very high. That means fewer options than other sims, but the options that do exist are exemplary. State of the art.

Personally, if I just had an AC30 emu I'd be happy.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 3 years 4 months ago #12971

mr-es335 wrote:

Hello,

your opinion .. my opinion hope you understand me..."...I must truly and sincerely say, that I do not.

my reply was direct to barretti .... but let me try to explain to you mr-es

his opinion is that he think sgear already have all the features that HE needs...

my opinion is that no.. sgear can and should evolve... i respect his point of view... and yours too...

since you are not alone if you too think sgear don't need anything else (2 or more folks don't need anything else and that's a good sign)...

but me too.. im not alone me and other folks since this tread have 4+ pages off suggestion and "waitting to see features" ...

and i believe even Mike think that sgear can and should evolve since this is a way to aggregate more users and more sales...

hope that all is clear now :thumbs up:
  • gabrielscruff
  • Tone Master
Life is music
Last edit: 3 years 4 months ago by gabrielscruff.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 3 years 4 months ago #12974

Hi. I don't want to stir up anything in this thread, just want to add my voice. There have been some great suggestions on both sides on what direction S-Gear should go in, and we all know only a fraction of what has been suggested will ever be possible to develop. I was a long time user of Guitar Rig from NI and every new version would come with a load of new features, most of which I never used. Very rarely would they ever significantly improve what was already in the app.
For S-Gear I would love to see the apps feature set stay relatively the same but to try to improve on some details. I would totally ditch the Redwirez cabinet options if Mike had some 4x12 cabs of his own creation cos Mike's cabs are ace. Also like Elambo I would love to see an AC30, my favourite clean sound ever, but not having it won't bother me either. I have spent a lot of time recently tweaking everything and analytically listening to how everything changes and contributes to the tone. I'm getting remarkably close to the sound in my head, which is what we are all subjectively after. I realised it was all there already in S-Gear, I just needed to find what works for me.
  • LookyCharms
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 3 years 4 months ago #12996

I think that people who asks to not change anything or not add more features, it's the people that it's completely satisfied by what S-Gear currently has to offer (which is nice). Not everyone is, though.

Since it's inception S-Gear has been adding roughly an amp per year. That's nothing compared to other brands, so it's easy to assume that Mike only releases something that is really meaningful to the product, not "just another amp model". All amps are stellar and definetely cover a lot of ground, but not all of it.

Best example is modern metal. Users that don't play modern metal have it easy to say that "you can tweak it and it does everything", but modern metal players know it doesn't. Same as vintage guys know that you won't get the best vintage tones out of Recabinet 4. It's not about the amount of gain (metal bands use much less gain nowadays), it's about the tone and timbre of the amps. The Wayfarer sounds fantastic, but even boosted with an overdrive of some sort it can't still get the tight sound other amps (like 5150 IIIs, Diezels, etc) can.

So by all means, yes! Continue expanding! Why limiting instead of growing? Users asked for a tuner for ages, and they eventually got it. People is asking for an AC30 style and a modern hi-gain amp? Well, why not start from there? As long as every release is as awesome as the previous ones and sticks to the "quality over quantity" philosophy, everything will be ok.

Just my two cents! :)
Last edit: 3 years 4 months ago by Altamir.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 3 years 4 months ago #12999

If Mike added a VSTthing...we could add whatever FX we wanted. We can of course do this now, but it would be nice to be able to save them all as a preset.

More Scuffham IRs!!! They are excellent.

I'm happy with the amps myself, but I can see where some may want more.

If I had to request FX it would be...A Compressor before the amp, A parametric EQ after the amp, but a VSTthing that could be placed anywhere in the chain would take care of everything.
  • clintmartin
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 3 years 4 months ago #13002

Gabrielscruff - I take your point, why not stick with the version I like and not upgrade? Well, Since I've been using S-Gear bug squashing, GUI and workflow improvements have been added which I love. I personally think preset management could be improved. A dynamic search would be cool or maybe even tags would so you could have notes that aren't in the title to keep it clean; such as 'lead', 'humbucker', 'textureral', 'tapping', 'kill switch', 'tempo synched' or 'Queen'...oh wait, that last one wouldn't be possible yet :P

In my post I said I didn't want it to get bloated. But I also said (as others have) add an optional bloat feature where you can buy/add extra amps and effects. Clearly from this thread it's divided into two camps and this could be a solution to please the 'I want it all' girls and the 'Just give me a guitar and amp' girls...or guys. It would even please the 'I want some but not too much people' because they could choose what they want from the buffet. They might not want a five course meal.

Bloating - it can be a fine line between a core or 'essential' feature and the Pokémon 'gotta collect them all' attitude. But it's all subjective right? So let the individual choose by being able to customise what's in their virtual rig, gear locker or whatever you want to call it.

At the studio we want to get a good tone that suits the track quick. At home I practice when I can find the time. I spend a lot of the working day on a computer, and now at home on a smart phone, which is pretty common these days. I'm grateful for S-Gear's simplicity, it makes me play guitar more rather than staring at the screen trawling through options.

We had a guitar session player at the studio last week. He brought his pedals and plugged into our AC30. I said, have you heard of S-Gear. He replied he hadn't. I said, before we get going can I just show you it. Also, the composer hadn't heard of it. I quickly demo'ed it, he was after a U2 type thing with dotted 8 (a sound you need to monitor live because you play off of it). He loved it, 'sounds like the amps in the room'. Ok we do have full-range monitors in the studio, but he was right. Both he and the composer left asking 'what was that plug-in again? I'm going to check it out when I get home. Oh...and how much was it?...hmmm...that's not bad!'.

So my opinion is formed from both a professional and personal experience. Again, as you pointed out, it is my own opinion but the quality and simplicity of S-gear brought me here in the first place.

Elambo - Bloating is not just a GUI solution if it shows 10+ amps, 20+ effects, etc. if they are neatly hidden away. Scrolling through options ain't fun. It can affect workflow, creativity, blah balh and function follows form. It should be the other way. You could have a radio button in the preferences the that either hides or reveals amps and effects from the main rack/options. Could be fiddly for us and Mike to implement. If you have any ideas if how it could be implemented let's hear them.

Altamir - I'm with you 'quality over quantity'.

Good point, I wouldn't say I'm experienced in modern metal as a listener of the genre or of a searcher of that tone. Could you give me some examples of songs that have the sound you are referring to.

Clintmartin - I love this idea. Chances are we all use other plug-ins. Could be a bitch to implement having to rely on 3rd party software to talk nicely. I don't know though as I'm not a developer. You could just use something like Plogue Bidule I think you can save as presets), Pd or maybe these (haven't tried just did a search): www.studiotoolz.net/vst-host-program/

It's cool everyone is so passionate about S-Gear. I think it goes to show that Mike has pretty much nailed it and his product has real fans and cultivated a community.
  • barrettisgold
  • Tone Star
Last edit: 3 years 4 months ago by elambo. Reason: name clarification
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 3 years 4 months ago #13009

Yeah, I can save effect chains in Sonar, and I can save track templates too.
I'm sure Mike has a plan in mind and I'm sure we will like what he does.
  • clintmartin
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 3 years 4 months ago #13060

barrettisgold wrote:

Altamir - I'm with you 'quality over quantity'.

Good point, I wouldn't say I'm experienced in modern metal as a listener of the genre or of a searcher of that tone. Could you give me some examples of songs that have the sound you are referring to.

Sure! I mean things like this (usually done with Peavey 5150's real or hardware-emulated) :

If I had to recommend an amp design to be chosen as a starting point, I'd definetely go for the EVH 5150 III. It shares the character of the previous generations (used 99% time in metal recordings) and it also has kickass crunch and lead channels which makes it far more versatile. Same with the Diezel VH4, Mesa Road King or ENGL Invader. Renowned metal amps that are not one trick poneys and would fit well with the S-Gear philosophy of versatility and tone.

:rock out:
Last edit: 3 years 4 months ago by Altamir.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 3 years 4 months ago #13062

regarding the amp and features..since this is a "What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0"

tread, the main reason that i decided to reply your post is because i know that some folks want less or at least they are happy with the actuall state current features... but here we are talking about what we want and hope to see added to a next update... and to me your post sounded like a ' old folk " trying to say what is better or not like a speech of what is good or bad.... and to be honest since this is a "almost request" topic your reply didn't add that much to the "topic itself" ..

many people agree that sgear already are and have good enough features... but the majority ME included want more and not just to showing off.. but because is better for all the folks... Mike can atract more customers and the already happy users can became even happier...

the reason why people used to say " YOU SPEAK FOR YOURSELF" ... that's the reason i decide to reply...

and by the way if your are happy already good for you...im happy too and since this is software and i don't need a bigger (real space)room to manage more stuff more is always welcome since this is a high quality plugin.

peace
  • gabrielscruff
  • Tone Master
Life is music
Last edit: 3 years 4 months ago by elambo.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 3 years 4 months ago #13064

The category of this subforum is "wishlist" so it goes without saying that anyone is welcomed to add to the list. Others can also express their opinion if they don't wish for anything more. Even if someone wants *fewer* features, hey that's valid for the forum, too.

Let's keep it on topic though. This is a guitar forum!
SIGN-IN TO REPLY
Time to create page: 0.334 seconds