TOPIC: What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 3 years 11 months ago #11862

A dropdown menu to load delay and chorus/flanger presets would be nice. I think there's something like this already, but it's not as intuitive as the one for RoomThing.

Speaking of the delay tone knob, a way to cut the _low_ end might be neat. Skip to 3:04 for the effect

SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 3 years 11 months ago #11865

+1 on a HP filter. It's good for reducing mud, as well as for classic lo-fi sounds. Ducking would be nice as well.
  • GCKelloch
  • Tone Master
Last edit: 3 years 11 months ago by GCKelloch.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 3 years 11 months ago #11875

LtKojak wrote:

So, in your opinion, the "Delay Thing", DEGRADES the signal on the repeats? :??:

Definitely, and intentionally, but only the delays themselves are degraded, not the original source.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 3 years 11 months ago #11877

If the delay repeats didn't decay, then the delay wouldn't sound natural becase of course that's what happens in nature. And depending on the delay time, number of repeats and/or delay level, they may interfere more with the straight signal.

Less is often more with any effect.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 3 years 11 months ago #12141

Pro Convolver:
An upgraded Pro Convolver containing a third slot. Which we could use for a room kind of miking, like much far away in front of the cab or even a mike like positioned behind the cab.

S-Gear I/O
A second Output control. Like Output for Amp A and Output for Amp B

Modern High Gain Amp.
Like those Diezel, Engl Amps

-S-Gear Window.
A bigger Window

I have a lot of Redwirez Impulses, at the moment it's quite awful to scroll through this even more tiny window. A search field to type which limits the list AND/OR it's just simply shows the folder structure how I stored the impulses on my hard disk, would very much ease the handling.

Ability to create own Banks
I would like to be able to create my own Pro Convolver Bank, where I can store Cab's and set ups I create, to recall them easly.

hmm I guess that's all for the moment :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Studiostriver
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 3 years 11 months ago #12145

Lots of great suggestions here! Yes, a dual cab capability would be really cool. That would really open up the sonic possibilities. Additionally, a tight focused modern metal amp so we can truly explore the darker side of S-gear!!
  • Winter Island
  • Tone Star
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 3 years 11 months ago #12147

I`m with these to guys.No more to wish for.Its a shame that S-Gear still do not have hi gain amp.To me still the best I can get for amps we have,compare to others I tested(and I tested them all about 12).
Maybe Mike coud give us something on New Year or beginning of next year.
It been a very long time since last upgrade of new amp.

Recabinet 4 and Revalver 4 are great amp sims that I use for that purposse.But from what I experienced from S-Gear so far I think Mike gonna blow us with some Engl/Diezel/Bogner/EVH.

Still I would like to have metal version of The Stealer in Hig Gain Marshall way...That would be awesome if that amps can get somehow updated with some more channels or switching mode options,like Marshall 1959 RR (Randy Rhoads,Kill em all) or 2550.Or modern one JVM 410h.
  • Studiostriver
  • Tone Master
None existing
Last edit: 3 years 11 months ago by Studiostriver.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 3 years 11 months ago #12148

I'd like a release date! :)
  • richpjr
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 3 years 11 months ago #12158

#1 one my list would be improvements to the user interface:
-enable full screen mode
-enable separate screens for amps, cabs, & effects
-enable user customization of interface (i.e. creation of toolbars, selection of Icon size for parameter switches (think of us over 55, half-blind guys squinting in the dark...)

I personally don't feel the need to add pedal sims, since I can always use my existing pedals in front of S-Gear.
Vox or Dr. Z inspired amp would be a nice add. Although not my thing personally, I can also see the value in adding a dedicated modern "metal" amp, since many others have asked for it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Studiostriver, Winter Island
  • melodiusthunk
  • Tone Seeker
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 3 years 11 months ago #12161

Yeah Vox and Dr.Z would be killer.I can sense a need for Orange style amp as well. :gripped:
  • Studiostriver
  • Tone Master
None existing
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 3 years 10 months ago #12165

and why not a clone amp feature like the kemper?but without that expensive box... :unsure: why not? lol .....

:cunning:

too much coffe... :silly:
  • gabrielscruff
  • Tone Master
Life is music
and music is life.... live the life... and feel the music...
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 3 years 10 months ago #12221

This thread made me think quite a lot about what features I would like to see in an upcoming version of S-Gear.
Today I was reading two comments in the other thread about Amplitube 4 which I wholeheartedly agree with.
I think I can't quote between different threads so:
clintmartin wrote: S-Gear... really seems pretty much complete
and earlier: I don't see a problem with liking more than one amp sim.

One reason I love S-Gear is because it's so unique. A few very good boutique amps instead of oh so many “insert brand name here”- certified amp models.
Myself occasionally looking for more modern-style hi-gain metal sounds I don't look for it in S-Gear. I simply use another program like Bias Desktop or Peavey Revalver.
My opinion is, let the metal guys develop the metal amps, there are quite a few good ones on the market, and let Mike develop what he is best at.

Currently, when I am in need of stompboxes or more effects I load S-Gear in Revalver as a third-party plugin and use the Overdrive, Pressor or whatever that Peavey has to offer. Works well and so I don't really miss these things in S-Gear.

Sometimes in the last months I was experimenting finding new clean to low- or mid-gain tones using other amp sims. And usually after quite some time trying different amp models, tweaking virtual tonestacks, tubes, transformers and preamps I got a good result.
And then switching over to S-gear for comparison this great tone was already there, just a few knob turns away! ;)

All that being said, of course a drive, compressor or another amp model would be a great thing in a future version.
But for me it would just be like the icing on an already excellent cake! :)

I will be happy with anything that Mike has in store for us in the future!
:rock out:

Thanks a lot

Tom
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 3 years 10 months ago #12222

Wow! You quoted me twice! (I'll have to be more careful! Hahaha)
I agree with everything you said. I love S-Gear for the same reasons. I look forward to what he brings us next.
  • clintmartin
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 3 years 10 months ago #12265

To the reason I personally waiting for hi gain S-Gear amp is cause I think Mike can actually do that better then Revalver,Amplitube,Bias or any other popular vst.Marshall JMP1 sounded awesome for metal as well.

I`m pretty much sure it will be the beast,whenever it came up.I tend to use S-Gear even for metal in 95% of cases.Recabinet and Revalver can get more modern tones,but still Wayfarer and Jackal got that something that I can fell its like a real thing.I have high hopes for Recabinet update as well.

Soon I`m gonna release a video for one company testing some stuff,and for guitars I`ll be using strictly S-Gear.
  • Studiostriver
  • Tone Master
None existing
Last edit: 3 years 10 months ago by Studiostriver.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 3 years 10 months ago #12272

Now that I think of it probably the possibility of running a two amps set-up
  • fatherjacques
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 3 years 10 months ago #12285

3 BAND PARAMETRIC EQ with HP/LP
This has probably requested before, but...A simple 3 band parametric EQ with high pass and low pass filtering would be nice. This could save a ton of time with some IRs. The advantage of having this inside S-Gear instead of using my EQs in my daw would be, being able to EQ the cabs before the effects.
  • clintmartin
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 3 years 10 months ago #12334

Get the Duke to do that chirpy, compressed thing to make it more Dumblish.

A good fuzz-Marshall tone like Jeff Beck or Eric Johnson. The whole-violinish thing.

I've run a Wampler Velvet Fuzz with S-Gear and it's worked really for the most part. I'd like to hear what you guys can do.
Last edit: 3 years 10 months ago by Maxton.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 3 years 10 months ago #12354

Separate Pre and Power amp sections with ability to turn them on/off individually.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 3 years 10 months ago #12360

brk303 wrote:

Separate Pre and Power amp sections with ability to turn them on/off individually.

This is totally a must thing for studio recording.Especially when we have different pre/power optionts to get "our"personal tones.
  • Studiostriver
  • Tone Master
None existing
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 3 years 10 months ago #12417

1) I would love to be able to create (and save) Playlists for using it live in standalone mode so I can step through the presets with my bluetooth AirTurn pedal. Currently, I'm using it as a plugin with MainStage and it crashed while performing live after updating MT. Not good!

2) A hardware unit and foot controller (wireless?) that's bidirectional so it switches the display and always reflects the current amp/effects and relevant options for turning things on/off. I created a setup with my iPad that can do this with MS 3, but I have to play barefoot to make it work!

Attachments:
  • RichardinConcert
  • Tone Star
SIGN-IN TO REPLY
Time to create page: 0.308 seconds