TOPIC: What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 6 months 2 weeks ago #17795

Option to make interface 'bigger' .

It's pretty darned perfect - dont really need anything ;)

OK, maybe a classic Orange flavoured amp. :evil:
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 6 months 1 week ago #17827

Hi Mike!

I'd like to see added a Bright switch (a la twinreverb) to both the Wayfarer and the Custom '57, and the possibility to use the tremolo with all the amps, not just the Wayfarer. This shouldn't be that difficult, am I right?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dallon426
Last edit: 5 months 6 days ago by LtKojak.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 6 months 1 week ago #17830

Hi, im a Sgear user from Germany. using it since 2016 almost exclusively.

Still i would like to have a VST thing, so i could drop a external vst between amp and cab or in front .

I Guess if there will be any new AMPs chances are high there will be a Vox-alike and a HIgh Gainer.

Since im not a Fan of the 5150 or the Mesa i would like to hear the Sgear version of an ENGL.

Using Lepous 456 right now and it suits my needs, but i know that Mikes version would be awesome :)
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 5 months 1 week ago #17995

Hello!
Apologies if this has already been mentioned but a polyphonic multi-octave generator (à la POG2 from Electro-Harmonix) would seal the deal for me to purchase S-GEAR. I just finished demoing your product and all I need more from it is the multi-octave option.
All the best,

Dave Tone
davetone.com
@pancakepartymtl
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 5 months 1 day ago #18055

I recently had more time to use Two Notes Wall Of Sound. It has a specific control that makes all the difference when simulating a loud amplifier: The "overload" control, which simulates speaker saturation. From what I've seen, the UAD plugins also have this feature. It would be interesting to have this, together with a more complete eq, next to the S-gear's deconvolver.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: mike, MonkeyGoesNowhere
  • BrunoMariano
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 3 months 4 weeks ago #18201

After watching Glen Kuykendall playing with his Trainwreck, it reminded me of the awesome tones you can get just by controlling the guitar volume knob, in addition to an amp that can deliver those dynamics effectively.

One of the things I really wish an amp sim could do - assuming that we have a real speaker to react with the pickups - is to be able to generate those higher octave feedback / harmonics, in a similar way as Glen does it.

Mike: do you have in our pipeline any amp model that could somehow replicate this behavior?

The following user(s) said Thank You: ges
  • asintoras
  • Tone Master
My instrumental EP: doctor7.bandcamp.com/album/political-rollercoaster
My other EP with songs: doctor7.bandcamp.com/album/three-ways-of-telling-a-story
I am an artist endorsed by Kinman pickups.
Last edit: 3 months 4 weeks ago by asintoras.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 3 months 3 weeks ago #18202

asintoras wrote:

One of the things I really wish an amp sim could do - assuming that we have a real speaker to react with the pickups - is to be able to generate those higher octave feedback / harmonics, in a similar way as Glen does it.

Mike: do you have in our pipeline any amp model that could somehow replicate this behavior?

If you have the right kind of amplification then I see no reason why you can't achieve acoustic coupling, and hence generate the sustain and feedback that we love from guitar amps. In practice it is not so easy to achieve. Studio monitors need to be big to generate enough low frequency energy and they usually don't couple as readily as a guitar speaker. Compression in the amp also plays an important part and this must be just right in the amp model.

There are some products out there which try to replicate feedback - my opinion is that synthesizing feedback and sustain will always fall very short. I'm preferring to focus on getting the dynamics of the amp modelling just right, then experiment with different monitoring solutions to generate authentic coupling between amp - speaker - guitar.

-Mike
The following user(s) said Thank You: asintoras, ryentzer
  • mike
  • Administrator
SIGN-IN TO REPLY
Time to create page: 0.071 seconds