TOPIC: What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 2 years 2 months ago #15483

Totally agree. Having a distortion pedal and/or treble booster and a compressor would be all I could ask for. SGear is such a fantastic amp sim that I hardly ever have to resort to any other amp sim for recording. It is so quick and easy to find a good tone!
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 2 years 2 months ago #15486

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0

It's release :lol:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Studiostriver
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 2 years 2 months ago #15529

I'd like to see the great-sounding early '60s and quitessentially British 17w 2x10 Watkins Dominator included.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Studiostriver
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 2 years 1 month ago #15602

I don't know if I written that before, but what I would like to see in S-gear 3:

More effects (Phaser, Pitch changers, Filters, etc).
The hability to place effects modules before amp.
Drive Thing.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Studiostriver, mr-es335
  • BrunoMariano
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 2 years 1 month ago #15603

BrunoMariano.
The hability to place effects modules before amp.
....Great idea!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Studiostriver, Altamir
  • mr-es335
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 2 years 1 month ago #15679

Hi folks, my name is Manuel and I am a guy from Germany. Please apologise my bad English.
I am using S-Gear since 07/2014 and I am very happy with it. The sound, the feel and the response behaviour are outstanding.
I can confirm S-Gear works great with real world pedals in front like Lehle Sunday Driver, Seymour Duncan 805, MI Audio Super Crunch Box and even Okko Dominator.
However, our beloved software is great from clean to mid gain but lacks in matters of tight amps suitable for heavy rock and metal.
To cut a long story short, this is my wishlist for S-Gear 3.0:

Dear Mike, please have a look at amps like Mesa Boogie Rectifier, Engl Fireball/Powerball, Marshall JMC800 or Bogner Uberschall - maybe you find some inspiration for another great amp. Thank you very much in advance!

Kind regards
Manuel
The following user(s) said Thank You: Studiostriver, Psace
Last edit: 2 years 1 month ago by MSKR.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 2 years 1 month ago #15685

Altamir wrote:

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0

It's release :lol:
:dry:
  • Studiostriver
  • Tone Master
None existing
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 2 years 1 month ago #15688

I have to agree with Altamir. We would all love to see the release of 3.0. Any news or "leaks" you could share with us? :feeling it:
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 2 years 1 month ago #15719

I love Dr Z amps would be great to have a Dr Z maz18/35 style amp or any of the new ones
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 2 years 2 weeks ago #15783

Hey Guys,
In the future I'd like to see a Compressor, Overdrive and
make the Midi to accept program change through USB for the Apogee GIO
(if that's even Possible). I have to give HUGE Kudos to Mike and the Guys, This is the first
Amp Software that is really Dedicated to the True Clean, Blues, Jazz and Rock tones. I know some of the Metal guys are wanting another Amp, But Honestly you can run a pedal in front of the Interface to beef up any tone until another amp is added OR If you want more Drive, You can turn up the input gain as well.

That Being Said.... When you all upload a new sound,
What are you most likely referencing the tone from?
by going through an interface to an
Amp, Studio Speakers, Headphones, etc...

I'm Curious to know everyones feedback on this. There is not a right and wrong, just for monitoring the tone
would like to know how it was achieved.
May God Bless You All!!
Steve Rutledge
Guitarist/Engineer/Producer
The Groove House Recording Studio
Friendsville, TN 37737
+1-865-456-1559
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Last edit: 2 years 2 weeks ago by elambo.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 2 years 2 weeks ago #15784

Rutledge wrote:

I know some of the Metal guys are wanting another Amp, But Honestly you can run a pedal in front of the Interface to beef up any tone until another amp is added OR If you want more Drive, You can turn up the input gain as well.

Sigh. This is like when you watch a Youtube demo with a random bluesy guy "playing metal": He tunes the guitar to drop D and does some palm muted chords. There you go, metal. :|

Dunno, I wouldn't tell a blues guy to get a 5150 and play in the clean channel, y'know. Metal =/= gain at 10 with scooped mids in drop D.
Last edit: 2 years 2 weeks ago by Altamir.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 2 years 3 days ago #15847

I would like a Stealer with a bit more gain. How about a really nice SMP-1 sorta like a JMP-1. My favorite preamp of all time.
Actually I am really pleased with this software except for one thing.....the cab IR's are not so great.
Mike, If you would like some cutting edge IR's contact me. My brother and I are working on a IR library that is different than anything out there right now. Just like your software sounds more realistic, so do our IR's. I can't give out any details as yet but contact me personally and I will let you know exactly and send you some to try out.
  • 2550marshall
  • Tone Star
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 2 years 2 days ago #15849

2550marshall wrote:

I would like a Stealer with a bit more gain. How about a really nice SMP-1 sorta like a JMP-1. My favorite preamp of all time.
Actually I am really pleased with this software except for one thing.....the cab IR's are not so great.
Mike, If you would like some cutting edge IR's contact me. My brother and I are working on a IR library that is different than anything out there right now. Just like your software sounds more realistic, so do our IR's. I can't give out any details as yet but contact me personally and I will let you know exactly and send you some to try out.

Welcome to the forum.

The IR's is S-GEAR are actually of a very high quality compared to many that I have looked at and I can justify that statement in an objective way. The Scuffham IR's have been recorded in an no-compromise acoustically treated studio to minimise the effect of room resonances which would otherwise colour the sound and alter the frequency response, usually in a negative way. Then we have a custom tool for de-convolving measurements and trimming the resultant IR's, this tool has been developed with great degree of care.

The recent AC30 measurements are something very special because we auditioned a bunch of early 60's Blue speakers to select the ones with the (subjectively) best sound. Some upcoming 4x12 measurements have undergone a similar scrutiny in selection to find the best sounding speakers and mic position ranges.

Overall I'm very happy with the quality of the IR's (both Scuffham and Redwirez) that we offer in S-GEAR :)

If you have some super new technology that's wonderful and I wish you good luck. Right now the biggest gaps in modelling realism still reside in the amplifier implementations. There are a lot of excellent cabinet emulation solutions available.

Cheers,
Mike
  • mike
  • Administrator
Last edit: 2 years 2 days ago by mike.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 2 years 2 days ago #15852

2550marshall wrote:

I am really pleased with this software except for one thing.....the cab IR's are not so great.
You don't say...? Boy, do I completely and absolutely disagree with you! :huh:

And you say you produce IRs yourself that are MUCH BETTER? :??:

Let's say that based in the years of experience I have with S-Gear's included IRs, most Ownhammer offerings and specially since Mike introduced his own creations with v. 2.4 and 2.5.3, I just can't simply take your word for it. So, if you care to put your money where your mouth is, I'm game to take'em for a spin. I've been exclusively using S-Gear since v. 1.0.4, May 2011, so I think that with well over fourteen-hundred performances using it to rehearse, gig, spontaneous jams and studio dates, I'd like to think that I somehow know my way using the software.

PM me.

Yours very truly,
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 2 years 2 days ago #15853

mike wrote:

2550marshall wrote:

Some upcoming 4x12 measurements have undergone a similar scrutiny in selection to find the best sounding speakers and mic position ranges.

I really want to hear that!
  • BrunoMariano
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 2 years 2 days ago #15854

2550marshall wrote:

Please send the IRs to me. I'm anxious to hear a more realistic take on that technology.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 2 years 2 days ago #15857

Thanks for the response Mike! I was hoping for a personal response but hey?
It's not new super tech, just doing things a different way. To the commenter that claimed I said "much better" :frustrated: . I didn't claim that. I said "cutting edge" and "different" and "more realistic" I like Marshall amps and others like Mesa. Everyone has a right to their opinion :)
To the other posters wanting free IR's to check out, once the site is up you will be able to do so.
  • 2550marshall
  • Tone Star
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 2 years 1 day ago #15859

Right now the biggest gaps in modelling realism still reside in the amplifier implementations...

And the interaction (in the electronics) between the amp and the speakers?
  • jbraner
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 2 years 1 day ago #15862

Mike once pointed out in another thread that he implemented speaker impedance interaction emulation into the amp models. That's one aspect that makes S-Gear so realistic. The Pro Convolver "Z" curves represent various common speakers, and can be used to determine a center point of the interaction. For a realistic representation, it should generally be set from 4~5 with cab IR's that were powered by a SS amp, like the Scuffham and Redwirez IR's. The average Z value would be lower for tube amp powered IR's depending on how hard the amp was driven, etc.

The missing factors are then dynamic speaker/cab resonances and speaker compression & cone break up. Those emulations would probably at least double CPU use. I use the free NCL 'Tube Driver' plugin to add a sort of speaker dynamics quality. Speaker breakup is certainly different than tube overdrive, but it's a versatile and sensitive overdrive plugin that adds a subtle warm sheen when driven only ~5%. Now that we're on the subject, it occurred to me that the AirWindows 'PowerSag' plugin should emulate speaker compression pretty well. I would give that a try on some AlNiCo speaker IR's. The last element would be resonance dynamics. It might be somehow implemented in cab emulation at some point when average CPU power is higher, but I'm not sure how important it is on top of an overdrive and sag plugin. Considering the complexity of acoustic resonance, I'd be skeptical of anyone claiming to have adequately implemented it with cab IR's. I'd think there are too many variables with the different materials involved. The different material resonances would have to be identified in the IR. Maybe it's not as difficult as it sounds, but I'm no expert.
  • GCKelloch
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 2 years 23 hours ago #15863

Mike once pointed out in another thread that he implemented speaker impedance interaction emulation into the amp models.

That's not something we talk about a lot - but I always thought that must be pretty important. It must be different when using a 1x12", or 2x12" or 4x12" speaker setup...
  • jbraner
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY
Time to create page: 0.110 seconds