TOPIC: What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 2 years 9 months ago #14573

A select-able input auto function like Revalver, the function would normalize the input levels to somewhere around -0.3dB. A 2nd bypass-able eq as a final device.

:rock out:

:feeling it:

:good job:
  • rose703
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 2 years 8 months ago #14603

Option to make sag/presence freq/hicut fixed to master volume so those values would change naturally according to power amp saturation as in real world. This would add to simplicity and ease of use.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hermitcrab, Altamir
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 2 years 8 months ago #14614

As an improvement into the 2.5* version - convolver for any kHz/length IR and easier switch between user IR's from any directory without import, including keyboard/midi operation, not mouse only.

As for new features:
+ pedals: drives, EQ, WAH, comp,
+ few more amps, JCM800, JTM45, Peavey/EVH 5150, Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
+ FX: EQ and limiter/compressor, separate from reverb - early reflections.
+ something for BASS!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Studiostriver, Altamir
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 2 years 8 months ago #14671

Only 49 days remain till the end of 2016.Lets keep our fingers crossed to get S-Gear 3 for new year. :thumbs up:
  • Studiostriver
  • Tone Master
None existing
Last edit: 2 years 8 months ago by Studiostriver.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 2 years 8 months ago #14672

+1

I'm sure the next thing will be worth the wait, but it's taking sooo long :(
The following user(s) said Thank You: Studiostriver
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 2 years 8 months ago #14674

I've said it before and I'll say it again: after knowing what Mike was working on, my impatience went completely away.

I'm completely convinced that what's coming will be well worth my while and then some.

"Patience is passion tamed"
- Lyman Abbott
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 2 years 8 months ago #14675

LtKojak wrote:

I've said it before and I'll say it again: after knowing what Mike was working on, my impatience went completely away.

I'm completely convinced that what's coming will be well worth my while and then some.

- Lyman Abbott

I must have missed it, has there been any news about what specifically he's working on?
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 2 years 8 months ago #14677

LtKojak wrote:

- Lyman Abbott

Would you mind in elaborating on that I've got no clue what Mike is working on, I've been keeping my eyes on the forum for a long time and haven't really seen anything indicative.
Last edit: 2 years 8 months ago by mingury.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 2 years 8 months ago #14678

He is working on great things :rock out:
  • fatherjacques
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 2 years 8 months ago #14679

fatherjacques wrote:

No, even greater things! ;)

I thought I've already said something in this very thread, however I just can't find the post... :(

Let's say that if S-Gear is a street car, Mike's working in the development of a F1 under the hood...

HTH,
Last edit: 2 years 8 months ago by LtKojak.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 2 years 8 months ago #14680

Setting so high expectations does not help to ease the wait :)
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 2 years 8 months ago #14681

LtKojak wrote:

fatherjacques wrote:

No, even greater things! ;)

I thought I've already said something in this very thread, however I just can't find the post... :(

Let's say that if S-Gear is a street car, Mike's working in the development of a F1 under the hood...

HTH,

That's all great and while I understand why Mike doesn't want to tip his hand on the new work, at some point the prolonged silence makes people lose interest and look at alternatives.
  • richpjr
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 2 years 8 months ago #14706

Maybe Custom 57 and wayfarer's most prominent resonant peaks between 1 - 4 Khz ( dependent on pickups used ) tamed a bit if possible please ?. I find them to be of great quality but a little overly shrill/sharp due to those peaks and removing them with eq is never as good fidelity wise and fatiguing on ear ( finding with eq boosts ).

Would be really helpful to get the proconvolver delay to start off smaller than 0.1ms ( e.g. 0.01ms ) and increase exponentially ( like ignite amps NadIR ). This would help to more closely match phase of different sourced IR's and when matching phase of S-gear's IR's with real miked amps.

Just a few suggestions that might improve this already great software to me. :)
  • hermitcrab
  • Tone Master
Last edit: 2 years 8 months ago by hermitcrab.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 2 years 8 months ago #14728

Scuffam gets a better sound with my PC-1 than through my JMP-1 & TC G Major and Blackstar HT50 Power section. It was only after using Scuffham that I bought the JMP-1.

What would be awsome would something similar to the TC 1210 "Haas Effect" Rack. If anyone can do it its Mike Scuffham

Thanks
Mike
Last edit: 2 years 8 months ago by Fenelon. Reason: crappy grammer
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 2 years 7 months ago #14745

needed for version 3 :

Tube screamer (Ibanez TS808)
Distorsion : RAT and/or Boss DS-2
Compressor
Classic Fuzz
Phaser / Tremolo
Autowah

and perhaps : a dual Amp path ?...
The following user(s) said Thank You: ImACracka
  • olivierlgp
  • Tone Seeker
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 2 years 7 months ago #14751

Other competitors have these features and I would like to see them in S-Gear as well:

- dual amps
- tone matching
Keep on chooglin'!
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 2 years 6 months ago #15059

A Model similar to a 5150 or Engl Powerball would be great. I find myself going into Reaper and using Nick Crowe Lab's 7170 Lead into S-Gear's IRs and effects. If S-Gear had a 5150 clone, I wouldn't even need to fire up the DAW when I just want to play.

For that matter, an ability to just use VSTs within the S-Gear standalone would be awesome, if that's even possible. Then we could use VST tube screamers, OD's or fuzzes, although most times the great sound of S-Gear's amp sims is all I need to get inspired.
Last edit: 2 years 6 months ago by jashlock.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 2 years 5 months ago #15209

Hi everyone,
bought S-Gear 3 weeks ago immediately after testing it for 10 minutes and still blown away since. (absobloodlutely bad english (and btw still miss the sixties)). What i'd like to have is the classic 3-output setup. Mono channel output with just the amp- (and cabinet-) emulation plus stereo output with fx ontop. This would make for a killer live-setup. Surround-sound for the artist and flexibility for the FOH.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 2 years 5 months ago #15212

chrismay wrote:

Hi everyone,
bought S-Gear 3 weeks ago immediately after testing it for 10 minutes and still blown away since. (absobloodlutely bad english (and btw still miss the sixties)). What i'd like to have is the classic 3-output setup. Mono channel output with just the amp- (and cabinet-) emulation plus stereo output with fx ontop. This would make for a killer live-setup. Surround-sound for the artist and flexibility for the FOH.
Thanks chrismay, welcome to the forum!
  • mike
  • Administrator
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 2 years 4 months ago #15482

Firstly I have to say Scuffham S-Gear is without any doubt in my mind by far the very best Sim available, I have been using a Fractal Audio AxeFx 11 for a few years and I sold it recently, after using S-Gear for a short while and I found that I was preferring it to the AxeFx! yes you read that right, I actually prefer it and It shocked me because the AxeFx is fantastic.

So what would I like in V3, well the only other Amp sims that I am using are the Mercurial Spark, and the Blue Cat Audio Destructor, I sometimes run these in front of S-Gear just for the amps, because there are some sounds I can't get from S-Gear as it stands, so a few more amps and distortion pedals would be my choice, I absolutely love what's available already but some more would be great, did I say I absolutely love S-Gear.
  • rsergeant
  • Tone Seeker
SIGN-IN TO REPLY
Time to create page: 0.084 seconds