TOPIC: What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 2 years 6 months ago #14398

The same B)
The following user(s) said Thank You: jawgee
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 2 years 6 months ago #14399

And the price has gone down - it's something like $8.99 for the one amp.
  • jbraner
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 2 years 6 months ago #14400

Yeah, it is. It seems that Kazrog has all the amp plugins on sale, which is bad news for my wallet :lol:

@BrunoMariano I answered your questions via PM ;)
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 2 years 6 months ago #14401

Altamir wrote:

Yeah, it is. It seems that Kazrog has all the amp plugins on sale, which is bad news for my wallet :lol:

@BrunoMariano I answered your questions via PM ;)

How does their Friedman amp compare to the UA Friedman amp? I've heard that one is spot on.
Keep on chooglin'!
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 2 years 6 months ago #14402

If possible i would like a CPU reduction when using mono compared to stereo.

( I just downloaded a nice free little champ emulation including cab called ace and when in mono it reduces CPU usage by nearly half and is below any other amp sim I've used for cpu when in mono. It seems about the same as others in stereo but i nearly always use mono. ).

cheers
  • hermitcrab
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 2 years 6 months ago #14403

more amps
orange rockerverb mk3
hughes & kettner triamp mk3
blackstar series one 100
laney gh50r
Last edit: 2 years 6 months ago by jag. Reason: spelling error
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 2 years 6 months ago #14405

Altamir wrote:

LtKojak wrote:

Dear persons of the board: Mike's tirelessly working on the S-Gear of the future as we speak.

After knowing that, I don't care anymore about the waiting time, as I KNOW it'll be way well worth my while.

HTH,

Wasn't always that way? ;)

This is last sentence of an email reply I got from Mike from in January. I did not say anything since it's a private conversation and don't know how much of it is "secret" (if at all, as he didn't mention anything), but reading latest posts I think it may put some minds at ease:

"There are more amps on the way including a higher gain model.

Kind regards,

Mike"

So no, he's not sitting on his ass. :rock out:

On a side note, I'd love to be able to get more gain from the Stealer to get into JCM800 territory. I assume the amp is Plexi based and it's not its purpose, but a drive boost channel (like the one on the Laney VH100R which is also Marshall-based) could turn it into a fire breathing rock machine.

Or you can just scratch that if there's something like a Friedman BE100 in the works :silly:

This makes me extremely happy!

My only really criticism of S-gear is the lack of a high gain amp (something like a Diezel VH4, Mesa Recto, 5150 etc.). So if one was included it pretty much becomes the "perfect" amp sim.

There's also talk of something like an AC30 and that would be amazing as well.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 2 years 6 months ago #14409

Hey Altamir.

Thermionik is really nice! I've got some trouble with the input gain control, but once it's solved, sounds better for hi gain than any digital modeling out there. As I was saying, there is a lot of "completionism" and GAS behing a lot of amp models: Psycho A, B, C (5150 versions) sounds a lot similar between each other, as well as Rectifier versions. They all sounds great for shure, and there are some particularities that for some players that are deep inside digital modeling that maybe worth spending the extra cash.
  • BrunoMariano
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 2 years 6 months ago #14413

BrunoMariano wrote:

Hey Altamir.

Thermionik is really nice! I've got some trouble with the input gain control, but once it's solved, sounds better for hi gain than any digital modeling out there. As I was saying, there is a lot of "completionism" and GAS behing a lot of amp models: Psycho A, B, C (5150 versions) sounds a lot similar between each other, as well as Rectifier versions. They all sounds great for shure, and there are some particularities that for some players that are deep inside digital modeling that maybe worth spending the extra cash.

Glad you like it! :feeling it:

Well, the Psychos and the Rectifiers are similar sounding because the amps actually are. The A is the most raw sounding, the B has more mids and the C is the more modern/polished sounding of the three. There are more amps in the making, including a Bogner XTC, an Orange and a Diezel, IIRC.

If you want further information you can check the Kazrog LLC forum @ KVR Audio, so we stop derailing this thread! haha :)
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 2 years 6 months ago #14419

I would really like the z control ( impedance curve ) on the proconvolver to have much more of a 70-110 hz resonant peak and just a stronger eq effect. Currently i find the z control adds high end and not enough low end on included IR's but it is particularly noticable with 3rd party loaded IR's. The redwirez curves suggest they should add a large peak at ~ 60 -90 hz. I sometimes use an eq curve instead of z control ( to roughly match the redwirez IR curves from S-gear user manual ) and also alternatively use the resonance knob on ignite amps TPA-1 power amp plugin ( which also reproduces a tube amp impedance curve ) before or after solid state power amp captured IR's ( like in S-gear ) and get an improved cab like sound sometimes. I know i can use the eq / TPA-1 after S-gear just the same as before the proconvolver but it would be nice to have more effective / stronger curves built in to the z control.

Both these methods ( eq or TPA-1 ) produce more low end resonance at 50 - 60 % mix than the z control at 100 % in S-gear and are more in line with the low end and sparkle on my tube amp - cabs. They therefore allow more highs to be used at same time as you do not need to keep the level of the eq low like with S-gear 's z control. For ss pa IR's i think the z control could be able to reproduce this also with different curves possibly.

I now realise this has been one of the reasons why i have been critical of S-gear's lack of low end and highs / sparkle. If i use my own z eq or TPA-1 after S-gear i can get a better balance on the amps, particularly with the stealer ( which i mentioned earlier doesn't have much lows by default ) and jackal . A power amp depth control in addition to the presence control already present would be helpful in attaining this also.

TPA-1 has a nicer impedance curve than my own efforts. I would just really like S-gear to be able to reproduce this sort of curve without the need for an additional ( and unfortunately buggy on my os ) plugin or eq.

I'm not saying TPA-1 is all thats needed for power tube emulation - cab impedance / interaction, as i often need some of amp sims own more obvious power tube drive / saturation in order for it to sound full enough. This combination gets me closer to a tube amp - cab sound with IR's but it is more work, gain staging, parameters to use etc and the mid range is still wrong compared to real cabs.

i'm not suggesting that they ( RW z curves ) are wrong, as it is measurable. I would just appreciate it if you could take a look into the z curves effect on cab IR's eq to see if you think there is room for modifying their eq effect, particularly with 3rd party IR's please Mike.

Saying all that, its a lot of work and goes against actually measured curves so i totally understand not doing it and i can get by with post eq and adjust to taste when needed.

cheers :)
  • hermitcrab
  • Tone Master
Last edit: 2 years 5 months ago by hermitcrab.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 2 years 6 months ago #14420

Hi jbraner, i send u a private message about impulses, hope u read it, thanks
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 2 years 6 months ago #14424

I think Mike tends to prefer amp voicings with a fair amount of mid focus, not a lot of lows that produce distorted mud, and not a lot of highs that produce tiring ice pick. This produces an overall pleasing tone, but that might not be what everyone is looking for. Hopefully new versions will provide additional voicing and distortion adjustments on the level of Mod, Delay and Reverb thing in order to be applicable to a broader range of uses.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 2 years 6 months ago #14427

jamsden wrote:

I think Mike tends to prefer amp voicings with a fair amount of mid focus, not a lot of lows that produce distorted mud, and not a lot of highs that produce tiring ice pick. This produces an overall pleasing tone, but that might not be what everyne is looking for. Hopefully new versions will provide additional voicing and distortion adjustments on the level of Mod, Delay and Reverb thing in order to be applicable to a broader range of uses.

Yes, hopefuly. i just think that the actual measured impedance curves alone don't complete the picture , and this makes the pre-tone stack filters appear especially severe in the case of S-gears more mid focused ( ie non fender based ) amps . Perhaps the IR impedance curves are not the whole story regarding exact emulation of a tube power amp > cab interaction, for whatever reason ( cab resonance, frequency shifting, resonance of fundamental room modes that are at or near the impedance resonant frequencies thereby exagerating them, the effect of multiples of these etc ).

I might try some Rosen IR's as ive heard they are captured with tube p.a.
  • hermitcrab
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 2 years 5 months ago #14432

I found this post over on thegearpage regarding using IR impedance curve eq's in cab loaders. It might explain as to why the z dial alone ( redwirez curves ) doesn't quite produce the sort of effect i would expect from a tube power amp > cab :

" It is not possible to capture the effect of speaker impedance on the sound of a tube amp in an impulse response. There are two primary reasons for this:

1. The source (output) impedance of the target (virtual) amp varies from amp to amp. This means that you can't even account for the linear effects of speaker impedance on the sound in an IR, and the nonlinear effects can be at least as great.

2. The topology of the virtual amplifier's output stage, which also varies from amp to amp, profoundly affects how it interacts with the speaker's impedance. The interactions include both linear (frequency response) and nojnlinear (distortion) effects and can only be modeled accurately in the amp block of a modeler.

3. The modelers with which I have some familiarity - Axe-Fx (both generations) and Amplifire - model the effects of speaker impedance in the amp block. With either of these modelers (and possibly others), attempting to account for this effect by modifying the speaker IR is therefore redundant. Even if an IR could accurately capture the effect, there is no need for it to do so. "

taken from this thread :
www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?thre...-amp-filter.1571450/

I know very little on this but like the idea of impedance being modelled in the S-gear amps themselves. i look forward to when sims model the whole chain of pre > power > cab interaction. I think mercurial are doing that with next release so i would like to see that in S-gear if possible eventually.

cheers
  • hermitcrab
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 2 years 5 months ago #14450

I don't know if it's only my imagination, but I have the clear impression that the later models (Wayfarer and Custom '57) are "better", more hi-fi, open and airy sounding than the later, original models (Duke, Stealer and Jackal).

After comparing them carefully, for me the Wayfarer model sounds even better, more responsive and dynamic than the already excelent Kazrog Thermionik M4.

And can't say the same for the Jackal model compared to Kazrog Solo 100.

So If Mike really improved the quality of their models, will be nice to hear upgrated versions of Duke, Stealer and Jackal.
  • BrunoMariano
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 2 years 5 months ago #14456

for the 3.0 i want 3/4 stompbox like booster for solo, and some classic overdrive

and some new amp like vintage tone supro and orange sound

I love this software
  • milos_revolution
  • Tone Star
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 2 years 5 months ago #14488

I would absolutely love a send - return between the amps preamp and power amp, or to be able to engage / disengage the preamp and power amp sections separately for the same result.

This would allow external effects such as modulation, GEQ, and most importantly valve modelled spring reverb plugins to be placed at the same part of the signal chain as on real amps with this feature.

Keep up the good work Mike,

cheers

:thumbs up:
  • hermitcrab
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 2 years 5 months ago #14490

At this point my only wish for S-Gear 3.0 is that it actually comes out. It's becoming more and more of a distant reality with each passing day.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Studiostriver, richpjr, mingury
  • inabsentia_
  • Tone Star
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 2 years 5 months ago #14536

Tremolo on the Mod Thing to use with any of the amps would be fantastic. I rarely use chorus but tremolo is a favorite. I love the standard and harmonic tremolo on the Wayfarer but would love that option on the Mod Thing.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mike, hermitcrab
  • ROBINSONSTRICKLAND
  • Tone Star
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 2 years 5 months ago #14571

Tried Kazrog and find the interfaces buggy. I have tons of amps in Sgear, A4, Biasfx, Kuassa, TH3 and Guitar Rig. I don't need more necessarily. I want cool synth like filters, FX etc
  • acousticglue
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY
Time to create page: 0.106 seconds