TOPIC: What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 2 years 7 months ago #14282

Just my opinions of course, but I would really appreciate more bass before the tone stack on the stealer, to give it some of a plexi's big low end, not disimilar to a bassman / jtm 45. At present it has very little low end even when keeping the bright contour on zero, especially at lower gain settings. More bass would give the option to use it for rhythm and sound more balanced with real guitar cabs ( which i use ) without having to use a considerable amount of eq ( in addition to the tone stack ).

I know many people think S-gear excels at clean and breakup ( which it really does ) but is not so good for more overdriven tones. I would like a more open voicing on both the clean and overdrive channels by default ( less mids / more highs ) on the stealer, ( edit : and the jackal ) and lead I of wayfarer ( can just about get their with GE 6600 K but needs to be on max . A modelled vintage spring reverb with drip and distortion as on fender amps would be great to have also.

I feel that fine tuning the current amps to make them even more tube amp like in terms of balance and voicing, overdrive characteristics and standard features ( modelled spring reverb ) is the way forward. The world is awash with amp sim packs that have a million features and pedals but there are very few which actually sound like real amps. That is where the real talent is for me. S-gear is very close to that and you can always use other free or paid for pedals etc for other features.

i would like a vox amp eventually too but i think refining what we've got will keep it ahead of the pack in raw sonic terms and continue to move sims forward as a genuine tube amp replacement.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Studiostriver, mohi
  • hermitcrab
  • Tone Master
Last edit: 2 years 5 months ago by hermitcrab.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 2 years 7 months ago #14286

Thanks you for writing this down.Everything you wrote really makes a big sense and for once with all suggestions that has being made so far(including my own),I would give it as number one priority.

I personally agree with them all on everything you wrote.Pros and cons,all of them.
  • Studiostriver
  • Tone Master
None existing
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 2 years 6 months ago #14313

I'd like to see more shortcuts. I'd like to be able to trigger the tuner with a hotkey and dismiss it with the escape key.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mike
  • ryentzer
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 2 years 6 months ago #14342

I'd like to see .... something :p
The following user(s) said Thank You: Studiostriver
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 2 years 6 months ago #14344

Yep, going on two years since anything significant has come out. I'm totally happy with S-Gear, and they certainly don't owe me anything at all, but it would be nice to hear what is being worked on. What direction Scuffham Amps are going in long term.
An Amplifire like hardware unit would be sweet.
  • clintmartin
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 2 years 6 months ago #14345

I just had to break silence after LONG time reading the board only.

Hoping the news on the update is imminent? :??:

Holding onto cash for hardware version too - if it should ever happen.........
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 2 years 6 months ago #14346

I already bought a Helix, and I'm quite happy with it. But I'll likely buy anything Mike delivers because I have that much faith in him given what S-Gear already does.

By the way, Helix front of the amp effects in front of S-Gear, and using Helix for MIDI control works very well. But I'd still like to eliminate the computer.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 2 years 6 months ago #14349

I'm happy with my Amplifire, but a S-Gear modeler would be fantastic!
  • clintmartin
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 2 years 6 months ago #14351

clintmartin wrote:

How does Amplifire sound compared with Sgear?
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 2 years 6 months ago #14352

mohi wrote:

The problem with such a long time between major releases and how close to vest Mike keeps what he is working on, there is the risk of losing mind share. People are looking at other products and in some case, moving on. While I really like S-Gear, I have been looking hard at a Helix or Fractal AX8 for a more feature complete modeling solution and am really fighting the urge to pick one of them up.
  • richpjr
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 2 years 6 months ago #14353

Just a few simple things:

1. The hability to place any rack at any sequence.
2. Compressor module.
3. Distortion/Overdrive/Boost/Fuzz module.
4. A MOST important: A IR Library Organizer, like the OEM IRs.
  • BrunoMariano
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 2 years 6 months ago #14354

mohi wrote:

:frustrated:
  • Studiostriver
  • Tone Master
None existing
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 2 years 6 months ago #14355

richpjr wrote:

mohi wrote:

The problem with such a long time between major releases and how close to vest Mike keeps what he is working on, there is the risk of losing mind share. People are looking at other products and in some case, moving on. While I really like S-Gear, I have been looking hard at a Helix or Fractal AX8 for a more feature complete modeling solution and am really fighting the urge to pick one of them up.

Couldn't agree more to this.
Coming from Axe FX & Kemper (all sold) I wanted something more affordable yet have solid amp models and IR capabilities.
I've literally tried most of stuff but am only happy with S-gear.
I've also listened to Amplifire soundclips as it fits my budget however found them sounding somewhat tinny..
Also don't get all the rave about Bias.. not sure about the Hardware version but
Yamaha THR heads sound very good to me but they are overpriced & do not have effects section.
L6 Helix looks and sounds great but they cost as much as AXE FX where I live. Also I'm don't feel confident with all the little screens and knobs. More things that can go wrong.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 2 years 6 months ago #14356

Pros about the amplifire
1. All of the amp models sound fantastic.
2. The drive options of a Tube Screamer, Overdrive, and Fuzz all sound great.
3. You don't need a PC/Mac to run it through an amp, studio monitors, or a PA. It is plug and play.
4. More amp models will probably be released, hopefully for free.
5. See how many of these things are for sale on e-bay or reverb.com used. Not many, that tells you something.

Cons about the amplifire
1. The IR's ok. Plan to bring your own.
2. The delay are echos and they are not stackable like S-Gear. Forget ambient sounds less you put a delay pedal(s) in the loop.
3. The reverb options are less than what you get with the room thing.
4. It is expensive, though not as expensive as a fractal or kemper.
5. You will need some other midi controller it you require more than 6 presets per live show.

I don't regret buying this thing, I doubt I will ever sell it. That is unless S-Gear clearly smokes it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mingury
  • rose703
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 2 years 6 months ago #14357

mingury wrote:

richpjr wrote:

mohi wrote:

I
Coming from Axe FX & Kemper (all sold) I wanted something more affordable .

if you feel confortable can you explain this a little better?

the kemper wasn't in your budget range? or you didn't like it? don't get me wrong, im just curious to see what your toughts about the kemper quality side ...
  • gabrielscruff
  • Tone Master
Life is music
and music is life.... live the life... and feel the music...
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 2 years 6 months ago #14358

if you feel confortable can you explain this a little better?

the kemper wasn't in your budget range? or you didn't like it? don't get me wrong, im just curious to see what your toughts about the kemper quality side ...[/quote]

Kemper was excellent and sounded more open and natural when compared to Axe Fx to me. However over the time I quickly felt that I'm only using a snapshot of someone else's sound unless you are prepared to do profiling stuff yourself. Also while the effects section felt appropriate, but not up to level with competing Axe FX (probably none can in that regard). If you have good recording set ups and great amps to profile, no doubt Kemper will be the best investment you will ever make, if you are ok with limited FX section.

Axe Fx was the direct opposite as you have a boundless possibilities. You probably have more than enough ingredient to craft out any guitar sounds/effects known to man, but personally I could not bond well with its inherent tone (I've had it more than 4 years). Or perhaps it was my limited capability in tweaking out the desired sound image in your head.

S-gear to me was like an instant satisfaction in terms of the feel, to me the basic amp tones sound simply the best. This is just my opinion however I do believe this is shared by many here. Why else would you be here? ;)

Therefore personally S-gear hardware version would be the guaranteed purchase for me, as long as it provides more of the same amp tones and features.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 2 years 6 months ago #14359

Jaime wrote:

clintmartin wrote:

I've described it before as S-Gear in a box. I think they sound and feel very, very close.
I did add a tuner, midi controller, expression pedal, and Zoom MS70-CDR for the loop.
It's a nice rig.
  • clintmartin
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 2 years 6 months ago #14360

clintmartin wrote:

Jaime wrote:

clintmartin wrote:

I've described it before as S-Gear in a box. I think they sound and feel very, very close.
I did add a tuner, midi controller, expression pedal, and Zoom MS70-CDR for the loop.
It's a nice rig.

S-gear in a box. Now that's WHAT I'm after.
I'm seriously getting interested in Amplifire again.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 2 years 6 months ago #14361

hey mingury

oh man that's nice to hear a quick reply thanks for your time...

well no doubt if you have amps to profile this can be the best choice..or at least go to a studio full of great gear and see if the folks allow you to sample some amps..lol...

but in my country is hard to find even a nice studio... but im happy with sgear and other stuff with the help of acustica audio nebula im a happy man...

but im still looking for options..these days we are all waitting for something new that can really bring the game a step further...

we are happy but still want some more...lol.. im not ashamed to say that...

:gripped: tks again
  • gabrielscruff
  • Tone Master
Life is music
and music is life.... live the life... and feel the music...
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 2 years 6 months ago #14365

rose703 wrote:

Pros about the amplifire
1. All of the amp models sound fantastic.
2. The drive options of a Tube Screamer, Overdrive, and Fuzz all sound great.
3. You don't need a PC/Mac to run it through an amp, studio monitors, or a PA. It is plug and play.
4. More amp models will probably be released, hopefully for free.
5. See how many of these things are for sale on e-bay or reverb.com used. Not many, that tells you something.

Cons about the amplifire
1. The IR's ok. Plan to bring your own.
2. The delay are echos and they are not stackable like S-Gear. Forget ambient sounds less you put a delay pedal(s) in the loop.
3. The reverb options are less than what you get with the room thing.
4. It is expensive, though not as expensive as a fractal or kemper.
5. You will need some other midi controller it you require more than 6 presets per live show.

I don't regret buying this thing, I doubt I will ever sell it. That is unless S-Gear clearly smokes it.

The most important pros here is : 1. All of the amp models sound fantastic.

When that part works everything else is not that important ;)
  • Daco_one
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY
Time to create page: 0.149 seconds