TOPIC: What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 3 years 6 months ago #13067

A lot has been told, and all valid requests I guess.

I believe S-gear is already a very good product, and for the moment gives me the sound I'm looking for, but this doesn't mean I don't think it should evolve, and I'm sure that what is coming will be good :thumbs up:

I think a compressor and a drive thing could expand s-gear tonal range to a whole new universe of sounds.

New different amps will be nice, but as many users here I hope that s.gear doesn't grow up to a 20amp, 45fx, and massage thing .... (well the massage thing would be nice ;) ) I like the simplicity of how it works.

For me, with this, I would start using s-gear in standalane mode. No DAW anymore, unless I needed to use a looper.

New cabs, impulses, and better management of their locations, names etc, would be great too.

Some issues I find in s-gear that should be looked for:

- GUI : Definitely needs improvements. I don't like the fixed maximum height, that doesn't stretch to the full screen height. A lot of times I have to scroll a preset that could fit on the screen if the GUI could expand.

- Preset management, store, save, etc... It works, and I got used to it... but I also had my share of overwritten presets because of user mistakes caused by a not very clear workflow (my opinion)

- Tap tempo. It could be something i'm missing, but i can sync s-gear with the daw tempo, but i can't tap tempo in standalone mode. It would be great for all modulation effects (including tremolo from wayfarer)

- Midi select presets above 100 (well I don't really need this, I only use 4-6 presets), but still if you could store something in preset 101, you should be able to recall it via MIDI

- Midi Output. I know its not yet implemented. Hope it comes now. It could be great to drive midi interfaces (like turning leds on/off, adjusting knobs and faders values, etc...)

besides that, just whishing you good work Mike. Curious to see what is coming for the next release
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 3 years 6 months ago #13079

Personal questions about anyone's intentions or mistakes should be asked/handled via Private Message where such things belong. As a final reminder, this thread is "what would you like to see in S-Gear 3.0" and is designed for anything related to that. I've fixed the misspelled name which drew the unnecessary attention so we can now move on.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mr-es335
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 3 years 6 months ago #13085

* Compressor/clean boost thing
* OD thing
* AC30 with Beatles-jangly and Trainwreck channels
* VST Loader Thing

Then you won't need to upgrade it anymore... ever! ;)
Last edit: 3 years 5 months ago by LtKojak. Reason: I can't spell trainwreck...
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 3 years 6 months ago #13087

LtKojak wrote:

* Compressor/clean boost thing
* OD thing
* AC30 with Beatles-jangly and Traiwreck channels
* VST Loader Thing

Then you won't need to upgrade it anymore... ever! ;)

That is a really nice list. The only other thing I'd add is streamlining IR handling and perhaps some GUI resizing.
  • richpjr
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 3 years 6 months ago #13088

elambo wrote:

Personal questions about anyone's intentions or mistakes should be asked/handled via Private Message where such things belong. As a final reminder, this thread is "what would you like to see in S-Gear 3.0" and is designed for anything related to that. I've fixed the misspelled name which drew the unnecessary attention so we can now move on.

See ? Live and learning ... i didn't knew it was a rule and i think i never read this rule ... from now on i will do that...

just like you said ... this tread is designed to any thing related to "what would you like to see in sgear 3.0 "....

if you really analize that way..well the main reason that lead to a little trouble was the post that was saying "I would like to see S-Gear not get too bloated" ... to be honest if this is a what would you like to SEE in sgear 3.0 ..." man this leads to little trouble...

if i think i don't need anything else i would create a tread to say how much happy im with the current state and that for me i don't need anything else... and a few other folks would join the tread and everybody will Live happily ever after.

but if you'll look to the "he can add his opinion..and all of that".. well i stop right here because i don't want to loose time trying to proove what it's right for me and for you ...and all that blah blah blah...different opinions and i do respect all of them.

thanks for correct the misspelled name and for me is all A OK .. no problem at all and i agree, we can move on... that's for sure!
  • gabrielscruff
  • Tone Master
Life is music
and music is life.... live the life... and feel the music...
Last edit: 3 years 6 months ago by gabrielscruff.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 3 years 6 months ago #13090

The only other thing I'd add is streamlining IR handling
I'd love this too. Some kind of way to load a bunch of 3rd party ones (same speaker/cab at different mic placements), and quickly scroll through them to pick the right one.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sonus
  • jbraner
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 3 years 6 months ago #13097

Gabrielscruff - I made a typo. Thanks for correcting Elambo, appreciate that. I used girls as an example as girls at our studio use S-Gear and the guitar industry is dominated by males. I have no idea what gay community app you are talking about it was never my intention to offend you.

You are taking my 'too bloated' quote out of context. I go on to say that all people could be catered for by creating a bare bones version & a premium version that has lots of amp and effects options. Or there could be options for extension packs with additional amps or effects. This is a pretty standard business model for apps as they grow or offer additional content. Therefore you would be able to also get all the things you want.

Altamir - thanks for the links. I look forward to checking them out when I'm back home, currently in transit.

There have been some great suggestions. I hadn't thought about a compressor. Could be cool for clean picking and funky rhythm playing. There has also been some good suggestions for improving the functionality and usability. That gets my vote.
  • barrettisgold
  • Tone Star
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 3 years 6 months ago #13098

barrettisgold wrote:

it was never my intention to offend you.

You are taking my 'too bloated' quote out of context.

fine. none taken.

it was my "interpretation" sometimes what it seems to be, it is not really the real intention, and since you've explained it's all fine by me ...

have a good one! :thumbs up:
  • gabrielscruff
  • Tone Master
Life is music
and music is life.... live the life... and feel the music...
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 3 years 6 months ago #13155

New user here, just dropping in and saying hi, as well as complimenting Mike on this great sim.

After having spent a few hours playing and experimenting, there isn't a whole lot I found lacking in the current version of S-GEAR, but there are a few things I would like to see in the future. They might already have been posted, but call me lazy, I just don't want to sift through six pages of posts. ;)

First off, I'd like to be able to use effects for each amp chain separately. I suppose I could set up amp and effects switching on the same MIDI CC per preset, but that something of a hassle, having to go through each preset independently. If, say, I like chorus on my clean amp, but not on my dirty amp, then I'd like to be able to do that. Also, I know everyone uses effects differently. I prefer my effects to come between the amp and the Convolver. It's not the same as an amp effects loop, but it sort of gives the same result, as their sound also goes through the cab sims like it does with a real amp.

I'd love the Wayfarer's tremolo to be added to the Mod Thing module, and have a few more parameters, most importantly a knob to go from sine wave to square wave. I love sine wave trems, but I also love the machine gun style trem of a square wave. I mean, it's such a great trem and for it only to be used on one of the amp sims is just a crime. ;)
While I'm on the Mod Thing, I would also prefer a separate Phaser selection. Flanging and phasing are closely related (as is chorus, of course), but there just is something different about phasing that floats my boat more than flanging. I'm a sucker for the MXR Phase 100, perhaps that colours my perception a bit.

Lastly, I would also love to see a boost module, with anything from clean volume boost of a couple dB for solos, to compression (although not stomp box, but studio grade for more flexibility) and some kind of overdrive/distortion option, ranging from tube screamer to, say a DS-1, purely for use with the cleaner amps. Don't get me wrong, I love all the overdrive and distorted amp options I have in S-GEAR already, but it would just be nice to have the added options for those amps.

But as it stands, I'm really having loads of fun with what S-GEAR offers right now, so until a new version comes out, I'm quite happy to play with it as is. :)
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 3 years 6 months ago #13156

I'm sure it's been mentioned plenty in here but I'd love a bass amp. The only playing I do is at home on my lonesome, so I play and record everything myself. The bass functions ok through the amps that we already have but I'd love to see a proper dedicated bass setup.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 3 years 6 months ago #13157

Allow the state of the I/O module get saved with the presets, whether it's left or right or both inputs, whether the output is mono or stereo, etc.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 3 years 6 months ago #13158

bbergen wrote:

Allow the state of the I/O module get saved with the presets, whether it's left or right or both inputs, whether the output is mono or stereo, etc.

That's nearly universally a global setting, and true for all plugins, due to user's various configurations and preferences. There are exceptions (Eventide comes to mind with their mono vs. stereo outputs), but most people wish to establish an input routing scheme and stick to that through all presets. A toggleable "I/O's are saved with presets" option could be interesting however.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 3 years 6 months ago #13161

elambo wrote:

bbergen wrote:

That's nearly universally a global setting, and true for all plugins, due to user's various configurations and preferences. There are exceptions (Eventide comes to mind with their mono vs. stereo outputs), but most people wish to establish an input routing scheme and stick to that through all presets. A toggleable "I/O's are saved with presets" option could be interesting however.
Ok, allow the option of saving the I/O module state to be saved in presets.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 3 years 5 months ago #13216

- EL84 based amp for that classic "chime" a la AC30
- Package the entire product into a floor unit similar to what Line6 / Vox Tonelab have done historically (vs. a rack unit) that can be programmed via the PC/Mac still but operated live w/o requiring the PC/Mac
- Tap tempo support (this isn't there currently, right?)

Bonus: more effects (e.g. overdrive, boost, etc.)
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 3 years 5 months ago #13219

apologize if that have been said. individual effect path for A-B - Amp.

cheers
Harry
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 3 years 5 months ago #13224

I've played around with S-GEAR for two weeks straight now, and am really pleased with it. In light of my more extensive experiences with the app, I'd like to amend my former post.

I don't think more amps are necessary (although that AC30 a lot of people are asking for does sound like a nice addition :) ). I've been able to get most of what I need with what's there. If there's anything else needed, I think I'd like a higher gain stage on amps like Stealer and Jackal, due to their difference in sound from Wayfarer. I mean, Stealer is modelled after the Marshall amp sound, and I'd love so see a higher gain option on it, so it can match the Wayfarer, but still sound sonically different. Jackal sits somewhere in between those two, but it, too, could benefit from a higher gain option.

And I'd love to see all amps outfitted with the tremolo found on Wayfarer. It just sounds so great, it's a shame you can't use it on all amps. I've had to create some clean jazz presets with trem for a gig in April, and I would have loved to use the Duke for that. I suppose I could probably use Mod Thing to generate trem, but I just prefer the one on the Wayfarer. It doesn't even need to be a separate module, just integrate it in the amps. And an option to use a square wave on the tremolo for machine gun style trem. Perhaps it could be a a knob with sine on at the beginning and square at the end?

While we're on the subject of extra gain : I don't think I'd need extra overdrive/distortion pedals, although I wouldn't knock them if added. But then, they should add something to the sound, so something in the way of a Tube Screamer, a RAT, a Boss DS-1 or a Germanium Fuzz, perhaps with some extra tweakability, but nothing more. But again, I'm not missing any pedals, really.

What I do miss, though, are a MIDI controlled wah and volume pedal before the amps' front ends. I know I could stick a real wah and volume pedal in front, but I prefer just one cable going into the interface and the input volume being controlled in the app. And right now I can make do with an amp A/B switch via MIDI switch, but I'd much rather prefer CC, so I can create a crossfade between amp A and amp B on the same MIDI # (like I used to do in Amplitube 3). I suppose it requires a curve setting being added to the MIDI page.

Speaking of MIDI : would it be possible to have different MIDI command pages for different presets? I don't think that's possible right now, and sometimes I require to switch two effects in one go on one preset, but not on the other. Amplitube was/is still the most flexible amp sim around when it comes to MIDI, and I feel S-GEAR's quality sounds should be able to match this.

And yeah, separate effect paths for each amp are a necessity for me too. That also goes for Pro Convolver, although I'd be happy enough for that to be split between amp A and B as well. As much as I appreciate the added sonic flexibility of using two cab sims on one amp, but I don't really need it. I'm fine with one each, and if I can stick the two separate effect paths between the amps and the Convolver, I'm a happy camper.
An A and B button (can be on or off at the same time) for the noise gate would also be helpful. Usually, you don't need a noise gate on a clean channel, so the option to turn that off and leave the one on the overdriven amp on.

I do understand the request for a VST/AU loader module, but I'm of two minds about this. On the one hand, having the option to add those effects would give me a lot more options to use some effects I'd like to use (Soundtoys, to name just one), but on the other, I feel it would push the fine effect options already in S-GEAR aside.

And lastly, lest I forget : dedicated bass amps and cab/mic sims.
The following user(s) said Thank You: LtKojak
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 3 years 5 months ago #13227

I'd like to see something like a "balance" control between the two IRs in convolver (TSE X50 has it). We have volume controls for each, but if you pan the IRs, you have to keep these at the same level (or the signal will be off to one side or the other)
I'd like to see a knob to balance the relative volume between the two IRs - while keeping them panned according to the settings.
  • jbraner
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 3 years 5 months ago #13230

S-gear is the best

I dream for a compressor and a drive like screamer !
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 3 years 4 months ago #13473

I too would like to see some way to get more gain into the lesser-gain amps in the standalone. In effect, allowing them to be high gain if you wish.
  • jonljacobi
  • Tone Star
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 3 years 4 months ago #13518

A way to recall different versions of a preset with midi. Versions would have or not an effect on depending of the version. I hope I explain myself clearly. English is not my main language
  • fatherjacques
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY
Time to create page: 0.092 seconds