TOPIC: S-Gear 3.2: Failed to load a Cubase project with S-Gear 2.9 inserts

S-Gear 3.2: Failed to load a Cubase project with S-Gear 2.9 inserts 2 weeks 6 days ago #25297

Today I wanted to start mixing a not-so-fresh Cubase 12 project that uses S-Gear 2.9 inserts.

And just before I started, I updated all the plugins to the latest versions. So I uninstalled S-Gear 2.9 and installed S-Gear 3.2.

But now when I'm load the old project with the S-Gear 2.9 inserts I get the error:
  The plug-in "S-Gear2_x64" could not be found for Insert 4 Channel "EGuit DI 1 - Verse"!
  The plug-in "S-Gear2_x64" could not be found for Insert 4 Channel "EGuit DI 2 - Chorus"!
  The plug-in "S-Gear2_x64" could not be found for Insert 4 Channel "EGuit DI 3 - Bridge"!

Cubase marks the failed inserts with
!!! S-Gear2_x64 !!!

I could open S-Gear 3 in an insert slot below the failed one. But I have no idea how to get the old settings from the failed ones to this new S-Gear 3 instance.

Is there a known solution to this? Maybe a way to make S-Gear 3 pretend to be
S-Gear2_x64
, so that I can load all my projects with S-Gear 2 inserts without having to change anything?
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S-Gear 3.2: Failed to load a Cubase project with S-Gear 2.9 inserts 2 weeks 5 days ago #25298

Hello!

Please see the following support note:
www.scuffhamamps.com/support/faq/sgear-v...fected-by-the-update

Sometimes it can be necessary to rename the S-Gear 3 VST2 plug-in, in order for the DAW to recognise.

2. DAW might not recognise VST2 plug-in

The S-Gear VST2 plug-in name changes from 'S-Gear2_x64.dll' to 'S-Gear3_x64.dll'. Depending on your DAW, this name change may result in older VST2 based projects not recognising the new S-Gear v3.0 VST2 plug-in (we've seen this with Presonus Studio One 5 & 6). If you encounter this problem, a workaround is to create a copy of the S-Gear VST2 plug-in and rename to the previous 'S-Gear2_x64.dll', which should then be recognised by existing projects.
  • mike
  • Administrator
SIGN-IN TO REPLY
Time to create page: 0.038 seconds