TOPIC: Going mad - no sound - Windows PC

Going mad - no sound - Windows PC 8 months 2 weeks ago #24828

Hi all,
I have reinstalled S-Gear on my new machine (Windows 11 PC)

I can see im getting output in the User Interface but no sound coming through my speakers.
I have tried L + R Inputs and its fine, its reacting to sound.

The output gauge also shows its picking up the sound from the guitar but no sound is coming out of my speakers.

I have tried both ASIO4ALL and the FocusRite USB drivers. in the audio config. however neither are working.

I have include screeenshots of my setup below.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

I also have another program (BIAS FX2) and that one is working fine.
Attachments:
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Going mad - no sound - Windows PC 8 months 2 weeks ago #24829

Does it work in your DAW?

Also I assume your interface is the Focusrite, if so you need to set that in your win11 preferences. You currently have selected your onboard Realtek driver. (Not what you want)

In a DAW like Reaper you need to select ASIO and your specific interface ASIO driver.

ASIO for all is really meant for poor performing internal (motherboard) sound cards.

Good luck.
  • Dirk Diggler
  • Tone Star
Last edit: 8 months 2 weeks ago by Dirk Diggler.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Going mad - no sound - Windows PC 8 months 2 weeks ago #24830

hey thanks for the reply. At present im using it standalone and was hoping to play along to some songs.
If i swap it, it will stop using my regular soundcard for music no?
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Going mad - no sound - Windows PC 8 months 2 weeks ago #24833

I would recommend to use the focusrite ASIO driver. Assuming you have a Solo or 2i2 type device? Outputs 1&2 in the S-Gear routing should give you sound on the headphone or main outputs on your focusrite! Make sure that the focusrite direct monitoring is switched off.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bornin84
  • mike
  • Administrator
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Going mad - no sound - Windows PC 8 months 2 weeks ago #24834

Sure I did that. in my control Panel sound options on my PC should i chose the Focusrite as Default Audio? Or my Realtek Sound card?

I'm getting output in S-Gear now but no sound
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Going mad - no sound - Windows PC 8 months 2 weeks ago #24835

I would choose the Focusrite.
  • fatherjacques
  • Tone King
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Going mad - no sound - Windows PC 8 months 2 weeks ago #24836

If I use my interface for both system audio and for S gear, Windows occasionally decides to just mute all sound when switching from one to the other. It sounds to simple, but it bites me every now and again and I just have to unmute.
Exact Science is Not an Exact Science - Nikola Tesla in The Prestige
scientificguitarist.wixsite.com/home
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Going mad - no sound - Windows PC 8 months 2 weeks ago #24837

I have changed to Focusrite for main driver - i see the output on my s-gear but again no sound coming via the speakers.
I have chosen focus right as the output also in my computer's control panel. no idea why sound isn't coming from the speakers.
No idea why the sound isn't coming out
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Going mad - no sound - Windows PC 8 months 2 weeks ago #24838

Funny question but did you connect the output of your interface to your speakers?
  • fatherjacques
  • Tone King
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Going mad - no sound - Windows PC 8 months 2 weeks ago #24839

No i connected to my PC via USB. My other guitar apps are working.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Going mad - no sound - Windows PC 8 months 2 weeks ago #24840

Too bad I am on a MAC system. I cannot help you on the connections.
  • fatherjacques
  • Tone King
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Going mad - no sound - Windows PC 8 months 1 week ago #24841

There seem to be many sound issues with Windows 11 and Focusrite Interfaces:
See here:
Sound issues Windows 11 - Focusrite Interfaces
You should definitely take advantage of Focusrite's support.
Last edit: 8 months 1 week ago by erichg.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Going mad - no sound - Windows PC 8 months 1 week ago #24843

Sadly, those who are new to working with audio on Windows can encounter problems so online searches would be expected to yield results like that as there are more people working with Scarlett than any other USB audio interface in the world. There are certainly no known compatibility issues with Windows or the latest update. Our Support Team can almost always provide a quick fix if those who are having problems contact them directly. They're available via phone, Live Chat and email almost 24 hrs Mon-Fri. Contact details can be accessed from the 'Support' tab on our website -
support.focusrite.com/hc/en-gb/requests/new

If I understand correctly, it appears that you may be trying to use multiple audio devices here, which isn't something that Windows can generally do but shouldn't be necessary. To work with Scarlett, you should find that you can connect it directly to your computer via USB and then select it as the audio input and output device in your software. You then just need to connect speakers/headphones to the Scarlett to hear playback. You should use the proprietary Focusrite drive, created for your device and available from the 'Downloads' section of our website -
downloads.focusrite.com/focusrite

Once connected via USB and selected as the audio device, all audio passes through Scarlett, effectively replacing the computer's internal sound card. Generally speaking, Windows can't access and use multiple sound cards simultaneously.

John // Focusrite UK 🇬🇧
  • John Loftus | Focusrite
  • Tone Seeker
John Loftus | Focusrite // Novation UK
he/him

Focusrite Group: Focusrite | Focusrite Pro | Novation | ADAM Audio | Ampify Music | Martin Audio | Optimal Audio | Sequential | Linea Research | Sonnox
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Going mad - no sound - Windows PC 8 months 1 week ago #24844

Thanks John!
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Going mad - no sound - Windows PC 8 months 1 day ago #24867

bornin84 wrote:

No i connected to my PC via USB. My other guitar apps are working.

OK, some basic stuff that you need to be aware of: in professional-type audio applications with low-latency audio (necessary to process a guitar real-time without horrible lag), you need to use the same hardware interface both for audio input and output.

So if you plug your guitar into the input of your Focusrite interface, you also need to plug your speakers (or headphones) into the output of the Focusrite interface, so you can actually hear the result.

Routing between different audio interfaces (your Focusrite interface and your PC's onboard audio) for input and output doesn't really work on Windows (there are fiddly ways to try it, but it rarely works reliably, so don't go there).

Speaking very simply: if you want to play your guitar through the Focusrite interface, your speakers or headphones need to be plugged into the Focusrite as well.

Once you do this, look at the documentation of your Focusrite interface to make sure the output of S-Gear gets routed to the correct hardware output of your interface. Then you should hear the output from S-Gear through your speakers or headphones.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

Torsten
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Going mad - no sound - Windows PC 6 months 3 weeks ago #24912

Oh yeah, I feel with you. Such problems sound so familiar to me.
2020 I moved to Mac and such problems are history.
Wndows10 and Audio is a pain. Because Win10 always wants to be the boss over the driver.
Please, your next investment is a Mac. Headache saver.
  • Amazoneproject
  • Tone Seeker
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Going mad - no sound - Windows PC 1 month 2 days ago #25199

I have the same issue on Windows 11 with an IK Multimedia AXE I/O audio device.
If I launch the S-Gear in stand-alone mode, Windows audio crashes. No problem if I launch the plug-in inside Ableton.
Try to see if it solves the problem using S-Gear as a plugin within your DAW.

** Hope Scuffham Amps staff solve this bug
Last edit: 1 month 2 days ago by Torre.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY
Time to create page: 0.068 seconds