TOPIC: S-Gear3.0.3: Windows10: MIDI PRG CHANGE does not work only in the VST3 plugin

S-Gear3.0.3: Windows10: MIDI PRG CHANGE does not work only in the VST3 plugin 1 month 3 days ago #24396

Context: using a pedalboard controller with standard midi program changes to change presets:

Issue: MIDI PC (Program Changes) does not work only in the vst3 plugin , works fine in the standalone and also with guitar rig 6 (also vst3) inside the DAWs (tested with both Cubase 12 and S1 6), using a midi track with the plugin insert as a target as designed by these DAWs.

Platforms: Windows 10 21H2 with Studio One 6.0.2 and Cubase 12.0.52

Extra supporting information:
I could see that custom cc changes are detected and do work correctly in the vst3 version, but MIDI PC inputs are not changing presets, as it does in the standalone version or otehr vst3 similar plugins.
Please also note that just switching the midi output in the DAW to a guitar rig 6 insert target (without any other configuration change) i can get my MIDI PC changing presets in this plugin (so PC are sent and do work in both DAWs).
Sadly, I almost never use anything else than s-gear6 when recording, only used GR6 to help debugging this issue.

Thanks for this superb v3, still the best guitar plugin to me
-Fab
Last edit: 1 month 3 days ago by fab672000.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S-Gear3.0.3: Windows10: MIDI PRG CHANGE does not work only in the VST3 plugin 4 weeks 7 hours ago #24414

The S-Gear VST3 format plug-in doesn't implement any Midi handling, so any Midi control happens via mapped automation or via the VST3 program change mechanism. The VST2 format plug-in does respond to direct Midi messages. I would need to investigate this further to explain the difference you are seeing.
  • mike
  • Administrator
SIGN-IN TO REPLY
Time to create page: 0.053 seconds