TOPIC: Feed and transform background audio in to Scuffham S-gear 3

Feed and transform background audio in to Scuffham S-gear 3 2 weeks 1 hour ago #24314

Hi!

To shape a nice guitar tone I would like to do this ... (1.) Record some raw audio input from my guitar, (2.) have that audio played back in a loop, (3.) feed that signal in to Scuffham S-gear 3 while (4.) being able to tweak the settings of amps and effects and (5.) hear how the recorded audio is being transformed in real time.

This would allow me to take my hands of the guitar and doing tweaks of settings more easily.

What's the best set up to do this? I'm a complete beginner.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Feed and transform background audio in to Scuffham S-gear 3 1 week 6 days ago #24316

My thought would be this:

1. Open your DAW of choice.
2. Plug your guitar into whatever interface you use to record.
3. Add a track in your DAW for the corresponding interface your guitar is plugged into.
4. Arm that track to record and record a few bars of audio.
5. Insert S-gear as a plugin on that track and tweak to your hearts content.
Singer, Songwriter, Techie…

DAW: UAD Luna
Interface: Apollo X4
Amp Sim: S-Gear 3
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Feed and transform background audio in to Scuffham S-gear 3 1 week 6 days ago #24317

Yes, you're probably right. I'll try to do it via a daw as a plugin probably easier than to do it via the standalone version. Thanks!
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Feed and transform background audio in to Scuffham S-gear 3 1 week 5 days ago #24318

As Andy sez, use S-Gear in your DAW and record an audio "loop" of guitar. I suggest playing the guitar part in time to the tempo so the loop plays as a continuous smooth cycle with no glitches. Then tweak away...
  • soundog
  • Tone Master
www.johnplainsong.com
Newest album "Strange Tales" now available! S-Gear used throughout the production.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY
Time to create page: 0.057 seconds