TOPIC: Slow startup (v. 2.71)

Slow startup (v. 2.71) 2 months 5 days ago #23647

I have been using S-gear for many years and it used to run flawlessly in an old laptop with Windows 7. Unfortunately, a peculiar issue of extremely slow startup has emerged in my current (much more efficient) computer with Windows 10. Sometimes the program opens up right away but usually I have to wait for at least 10 minutes or even half an hour until S-gear suddenly pops up. Startup times seem to vary a lot. What could be the reason?
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Slow startup (v. 2.71) 2 months 5 days ago #23648

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling S-Gear?
www.scuffhamamps.com/support/installation-guide/uninstall
  • mike
  • Administrator
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Slow startup (v. 2.71) 2 months 4 days ago #23650

Yes, I have reinstalled it once, but the problem remains. The program works fluently once it is running but you never know when that happens, which is kind of weird. Brings back memories though... .Only the loading screen and screechy noises are missing and I don't miss those, so I guess this is better.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Slow startup (v. 2.71) 2 months 4 days ago #23651

I had issues with slow startup times with older versions of S-Gear. From memory it was due to having large numbers of my own IRs, and S-Gear would go through and check each one during startup. I don’t have this issue anymore with the latest version of S-Gear.
  • kierank
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Slow startup (v. 2.71) 2 months 4 days ago #23652

I don't have a large number of own IRs and I have removed most of the presets as I'm only interested in clean tones.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Slow startup (v. 2.71) 2 months 4 days ago #23653

Please send a message via support , we'll try to help.
  • mike
  • Administrator
SIGN-IN TO REPLY
Time to create page: 0.089 seconds