TOPIC: Tempo Sync Issues - Any suggestions?

Tempo Sync Issues - Any suggestions? 2 weeks 2 days ago #22963

Default tempo setting (in Config menu) is not making any difference to the delay time. It seems to just stay on whatever the Default tempo is set at (from the previous app use) when launching S Gear.

I've got the delay thing set to Sync (blue highlighted 'button'. I've tried switching back and forth from manual (Tap) mode and sync mode, adjusted the sync intervals (1/8, 1/4, 1/4 dotted etc) and nothing changes the delay value unless I manually set the ms (either by dial or tapping in a bpm) or shut down and relaunch the app.

I use a lot of dual delay sounds (1/4 + 1/4 dotted, 1/8 + 1/8 dotted etc) and need the two delay thing racks to sync rhythmically. Needing to shut down S Gear every time I need to alter the tempo is just annoying - making S Gear non functional for me as I use the stand alone when tracking onto pro Tools for monitoring what I'm playing, then add the plug in to the track once the raw audio is recorded.

This used to work but something has disabled it recently. I've tried uninstalling S Gear and reinstalling - and still no joy.

Any advice on what may be causing this issue?

Last edit: 2 weeks 1 day ago by audiodemon.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Tempo Sync Issues - Any suggestions? 2 weeks 1 day ago #22965

Thanks for reporting this. I can confirm the problem, and there will be a fix in the next S-Gear release.
The following user(s) said Thank You: audiodemon
  • mike
  • Administrator
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Tempo Sync Issues - Any suggestions? 1 week 1 day ago #22981

Thanks Mike.

I've also just bought a new Macbook Pro (running MacOS Big Sur v11.3.1) and loaded up S-Gear.

Issue with tempo sync persists with latest OS on Mac.

PS. It works fine if you run it as a plugin in a VST host which is what I've been doing now which allows me to also use other VST plugins like additional OD/Boost 'pedals', Delays/Modulations, Channel Strips, EQ, Compressors etc in my chain.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY
Time to create page: 0.181 seconds