TOPIC: Reaper s-gear problem w/second instance

Reaper s-gear problem w/second instance 4 months 4 weeks ago #22690

I am using s-gear in Reaper on a macbook pro. I have two tracks set-up for elect. guitar. The first track has s-gear and works fine. The second instance of s-gear is not working ( I only hear dry sound from my interface - focusrite clarett 4pre). I have checked all parameters against the working track and all seems to be good. I am mystified.
[ never mind ! fixed ! ]:blush: B)
Last edit: 4 months 3 weeks ago by JamTuner. Reason: solved
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Reaper s-gear problem w/second instance 4 months 4 weeks ago #22693

Not sure why this might be. If you would like to contact me via support then I would be happy to test your project here.

Do you see any signal on the S-Gear input/output meters?
Does the problem occur with the Audio Unit or VST3?
  • mike
  • Administrator
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Reaper s-gear problem w/second instance 4 months 3 weeks ago #22696

hello- the problem occurs on both the vst3 and au plugins. There is level showing in s2. I just tested again and I can now tell you that the s2 is outputting, but the level is so low that I didn't hear it before. If I use a preset with lots of gainey distortion, I can hear it very faintly behind the clean signal from my interface. Iwill contact you in support. Thanks for the response.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Reaper s-gear problem w/second instance 4 months 3 weeks ago #22697

mike- I am sorry to have raised a non-issue ! I sorted it out, and , of course, it is the user ! I wasn't familiar enough with this new interface, so I wasn't properly monitoring Reaper output, and I also had Reaper settings screwed up. I am using send effects for each of these guitar inputs , and I had to set them properly or the second instance of s2, somehow thinking that they were same on both tracks.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Reaper s-gear problem w/second instance 4 months 3 weeks ago #22698

Glad to hear that you found a solution :)
  • mike
  • Administrator
SIGN-IN TO REPLY
Time to create page: 0.073 seconds