TOPIC: S-Gear in dual Screen

S-Gear in dual Screen 8 months 2 weeks ago #22177

Hi,

I run a setup with two laptops and one monitor that I share through a switch. Everything works fine for S-Gear moving across the two screens (integrated and external), but if I have S-Gear in the second one, and for whatever reason switch to a single screen (integrated) all applications move to this one except S-Gear, that somehow remains in the limbo of the second monitor that at the moment is used by the other computer. If I reverse the situation, there it is.

I'd like to know if that is normal or not. I run macOS Catalina.

thanks!
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S-Gear in dual Screen 8 months 1 week ago #22191

Hi Mohi, thanks for the information. It sounds like something that should be fixed in the S-Gear standalone.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mohi
  • mike
  • Administrator
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S-Gear in dual Screen 7 months 1 day ago #22304

I'm experiencing the same issue. Dual monitors at home, S-Gear lives on the secondary display. Now I'm in a hotel room with just the MacBook itself, and S-Gear can only be seen in Expose, no way to grab the window and drag it back to primary monitor.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S-Gear in dual Screen 7 months 1 day ago #22306

Have you tried temporarily changing the Display scaling in Preferences->Displays? This should bring the S-Gear Window back into view.
  • mike
  • Administrator
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S-Gear in dual Screen 7 months 1 day ago #22307

I'll try that if it happens again... I was able to plug into hotel TV and rescue S-Gear from that screen.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mohi
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S-Gear in dual Screen 1 week 6 days ago #22885

I have a different dual screen problem. I am using dual monitors on a Mac Mini running Big Sur. The monitors are different sizes and scaled differently in MacOs preferences. Opening SGear stand alone on the primary monitor, all is well. I can locate the SGear window anywhere on the screen. When I drag the SGear window to the second monitor the top of the SGear window can not be located any higher than about 1/4 screen height from the top of the desktop. Same thing happens if I close SGear while it was on the second screen and reopen it. If the SGear window is scaled any larger than 100%, the bottom of the window is off the screen. This obviously isn't the end of the world, but any ideas you have to resolve it would be appreciated.
  • Tooslowhand
  • Tone Seeker
Last edit: 1 week 4 days ago by Tooslowhand.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY
Time to create page: 0.068 seconds