TOPIC: [S-Gear] Standalone App not allowing other apps to play sound

[S-Gear] Standalone App not allowing other apps to play sound 1 month 5 days ago #20651

Issue: When S-Gear launches in standalone mode, it is the only application that will output sound. All system sounds, including other media players (VLC, WMP, etc) stop their output. It seems as if S-Gear is getting an exclusive lock on the audio driver. What I'm attempting to do is simply play against some backing tracks.

What I tried: Disabling exclusive lock on the audio drivers, disabling the onboard audio driver, and I double-checked system sound mixer.

System: Lenovo Yoga 730-15IKB; Windows 10 Pro (1909), 64-bit; PreSonus Audiobox USB 96; 16 GB RAM; Intel i5-8250U @ 1.60GHz (8th Gen)

Thanks!

~Dan
  • dkennedyii
  • Tone Seeker
Last edit: 1 month 5 days ago by dkennedyii.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

[S-Gear] Standalone App not allowing other apps to play sound 1 month 4 days ago #20653

Check the Presonus drivers again. Those are most probably the ones at fault.

To confirm this, try opening a You Tube video, then open the Standalone S-Gear. If now it's S-Gear that's doesn't emit any sound, then you've gotten your answer.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dkennedyii
Last edit: 1 month 4 days ago by LtKojak.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

[S-Gear] Standalone App not allowing other apps to play sound 1 month 4 days ago #20654

Set windows 10 to the same rate as s.gear
If you set s-gear on 48000Hz and windows is set on 44100, It will not work.
I use 44,100Hz in s-gear and has set windows10 under sound settings to 24bit 44,100Hz,

If you set the same rate, it will work great..
The following user(s) said Thank You: dkennedyii
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

[S-Gear] Standalone App not allowing other apps to play sound 1 month 1 day ago #20668

Thanks for your replies; I apologize for the delay in my response. The issue persisted across different operating systems (Windows 10 / macOS) despite the suggestions made here so I swapped out the AudioBox for my older Saffire Pro 24. The latter worked as intended so I'm shelving the AudioBox. Perhaps when I get some more free time in the future I will try and troubleshoot exactly what was going on but, for now, I'm just satisfied that I can continue on playing. The only major difference I see between the two is that one is solely USB powered while the other one has an external power supply.

In any event, thanks again, and have a Happy New Year!
  • dkennedyii
  • Tone Seeker
SIGN-IN TO REPLY
Time to create page: 0.075 seconds