TOPIC: Noise through SGear when guitar vol all the way off

Noise through SGear when guitar vol all the way off 7 months 1 week ago #19827

Hey gang,
I have a question for everyone regarding noise through sgear.

When I plug my guitar (Fender strat has) direct into my audio interface (scarlett 18i8 2nd gen) and turn the guitar volume all the way down, I am getting a lot of noise when input monitoring. The peak level from the audio interface is -9dbFS so plenty of signal to noise ratio.

Any solutions for this kind of issue??
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Noise through SGear when guitar vol all the way off 7 months 5 days ago #19837

Hey jthzp9,

Any noise coming from S-GEAR is a multiple of what is seen on the inputs. Zero-in = zero out. Usually when you turn your guitar volume to zero there will be very little noise.

Some S-GEAR presets result in more noise on the output as a result of the algorithm, for example, the analogue delay line modelling in DelayThing and ModThing can create more noise due to aliasing within the modelled delay lines, but still much less noise than their analogue counterparts because they are not generating noise from electronics like the analogue counterpart would do.

If you also turn the S-GEAR input trim down to zero, you should get absolutely nothing. So any noise you do get is a multiple of what is present on the input.

If you are hearing a lot of noise with the guitar volume zero'd, then you might want to experiment with the cabling to your audio interface. Try another USB cable or try connecting the power supply elsewhere.

-Mike
  • mike
  • Administrator
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Noise through SGear when guitar vol all the way off 6 months 4 weeks ago #19846

Interference from internal PC components? I know if I sit facing my PC, I get a lot of noise, especially with my Strat, but even from my Patrick Eggle with active EMS humbuckers.

Move a few feet away from your computer and see if that makes a difference.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY
Time to create page: 0.052 seconds