TOPIC: Unable to pan S-gear2 tracks within a group in Ableton

Unable to pan S-gear2 tracks within a group in Ableton 6 months 4 weeks ago #19544

I created an audio group in Ableton. I loaded the S-Gear2 plugin into the group. My aim was to create a single guitar tone that I could record 4 tracks with and then pan those 4 tracks left and right. All 4 tracks are using the same instance of the plugin loaded into the group track
I find that with this setup, I am unable to pan the individual tracks left and right. I turn the pan dial for the tracks and nothing happens. I can only pan from the group track, but this pans all the tracks within the group whereas I want to pan them individually.
Am I missing something? I tried toggling mono on and off in the plugin and there was no change. I don't want to have to load in 4 instances of the plugin. It would cost my CPU too much.
I'm quite new to S-Gear. It would be great if you can help me with a solution!
  • Reverence
  • Tone Seeker
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Unable to pan S-gear2 tracks within a group in Ableton 6 months 3 weeks ago #19554

Hi Reverence,

The amp processing block in S-GEAR is mono, even when you load the plug-in on a stereo track. The rack section is true stereo.

In your example, the best solution is to create a stereo aux bus with two mono S-GEAR tracks panned hard left & right (or use a multi-mono configuration if your DAW offers that). This way you can pan many individual tracks to the stereo bus for true stereo amp processing. For two different guitar sounds you could set up two stereo aux busses.

I hope this helps!
  • mike
  • Administrator
SIGN-IN TO REPLY
Time to create page: 0.072 seconds