TOPIC: S-Gear Standalone changing Sample Rate in W10

S-Gear Standalone changing Sample Rate in W10 7 months 3 weeks ago #19364

Hi,

in my setup, I have the ASIO config of the Focusrite Audio Driver set to 48Khz and buffer size 16, everything runs smoothly when record or play using the DAW, but as soon as I launch S-Gear in standalone mode, the sample rate of the audio interface is changed to 44.1Khz, then, depending of which applications I may have open, I loose all sound. Is there any reason why this should happen? PRS Supermodels or BIAS Amp don't behave that way, they just use the system ASIO config.

Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S-Gear Standalone changing Sample Rate in W10 7 months 3 weeks ago #19368

Change the sample rate in your windows sound settings. I leave mine at 44.1 as I have not heard nay quantifiable benefits of 48 over 44.1
Unless you really want 48, then change your windows sound settings to 48.
  • Dallon426
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S-Gear Standalone changing Sample Rate in W10 7 months 3 weeks ago #19369

Or change the sample rate in S-gear to 48KHz.
You are having conflicting issues with different rates.
It is under file audio driver configuration within s-gear
  • Dallon426
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S-Gear Standalone changing Sample Rate in W10 7 months 3 weeks ago #19370

Hi,

I use 48KHz because it is the sample rate of the Axe FX SPDIF connection I use to hook it with the Interface.

I reinstalled the Focusrite drivers and seems it works OK now, on opening S-Gear it changes the sample rate kind of for a second only (it is visible in the Interface control application) then it stays set to 48KHz.

But to me the curious thing is that the DAW behaves as expected and other apps do this (EZDrummer, for example)

thanks anyway!

BR
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S-Gear Standalone changing Sample Rate in W10 7 months 2 weeks ago #19384

Hi Mohi,

The S-GEAR standalone always asserts the configured sample rate setting. Having tested with many different audio interfaces (and associated drivers), this has proven to achieve correct initialisation of various ASIO drivers.

That said, this is certainly something I would re-visit if you have some repeatable steps with specific software.

Cheers,
Mike
The following user(s) said Thank You: mohi
  • mike
  • Administrator
Last edit: 7 months 2 weeks ago by mike.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S-Gear Standalone changing Sample Rate in W10 7 months 2 weeks ago #19422

Thanks a lot, will try to do an screen recording, but I am afraid it is an interface driver issue.

BR
David
SIGN-IN TO REPLY
Time to create page: 0.061 seconds