TOPIC: Problem is Back: Connected to S-Gear but Only Getting Clean Sound

Problem is Back: Connected to S-Gear but Only Getting Clean Sound 8 months 2 weeks ago #19292

Hi
Sorry to be back with the same problem.
I purchased S-Gear today.
I connect to my Windows 10 PC with a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2.
I can confirmed that S-Gear is receiving a signal from Focusrite because the input gauge reacts when I play the guitar.
I have verified the audio drivers and the audio connection are correct and restarted Focusrite.
When I play - I hear the clean sound from the Focusrite box but not the effects from S-Gear.
As a mentioned in a previous memo, all other amp sims that I tried worked with this configuration.
S-Gear is the only one that I am having trouble with.
I know it must be something really simple.
I've tried disconnecting and reconnecting the Focusrite.
I uninstalled and reinstalled S-Gear.
Still struggling.
Thoughts?
Thanks
Last edit: 8 months 2 weeks ago by ethan417.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Problem is Back: Connected to S-Gear but Only Getting Clean Sound 8 months 2 weeks ago #19293

Hi,
I was trying to look into this..Just wanted to verify that the Effects light is lit up in bottom of the WIndow(I/O section of the rack) or else signal will be present and clean sound will be there but you will not hear S-Gear2 effects.. Make sure what you want is not bypassed. Regards, Eddie
The following user(s) said Thank You: mike
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Problem is Back: Connected to S-Gear but Only Getting Clean Sound 8 months 2 weeks ago #19294

Hi Eddie
Yes - the Effects light is on.
Not sure what you mean by bypassed.
How do I check that?
-Ethan
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Problem is Back: Connected to S-Gear but Only Getting Clean Sound 8 months 2 weeks ago #19295

Hi Ethan,

One quick way to check whether you are hearing audio through S-GEAR is to set the output trim control (lower right corner of S-GEAR) to zero. You should hear nothing. If you still hear a direct signal then it is coming from your audio interface (or via some other routing). Check for direct monitoring or software/input monitor mix on the Focusrite.

If you have an input signal and output signal showing in S-GEAR meters, again check monitoring, but also check the output routing configuration in the S-GEAR audio configuration.

Send a message via support if you are still having problems.

Cheers,
Mike
  • mike
  • Administrator
Last edit: 8 months 2 weeks ago by mike.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Problem is Back: Connected to S-Gear but Only Getting Clean Sound 8 months 2 weeks ago #19298

Hi Mike
Thank you so much.
The issue was (of course) how I set up Focusrite.
I had Direct Monitoring - On.
I turned it off - Everything is great.

Warm regards
-Ethan
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Problem is Back: Connected to S-Gear but Only Getting Clean Sound 8 months 2 weeks ago #19302

Hi Ethan,
Great you got it solved! I was referring to the S-Gear I/O rack. You can select Amp, Effects, or Cabs whatever you want to choose. If any of these is not selected it would be "bypassed" and not lit up in the I/O rack. I was just mentioning this as my mouse gets "wild" sometimes and I unintentionally "deselect" when I don't want to:) :) .
Regards,
Eddie
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Problem is Back: Connected to S-Gear but Only Getting Clean Sound 6 months 3 weeks ago #19556

I have also faced the same problem on my Windows 7 system. It may be the Windows error. So, I firstly updated the system, but it was of no benefit. I have searched the Internet a lot and learned about Windows update error code 8007000e . I think it is the same problem that we are facing.
  • nickrobin
  • Tone Seeker
SIGN-IN TO REPLY
Time to create page: 0.127 seconds