TOPIC: iMac Mojave stand alone with Apogee Element 24

iMac Mojave stand alone with Apogee Element 24 11 months 1 week ago #18921

I just picked up an Element 24 Thunderbolt interface. I cannot seem to get the stand alone to function.
It plays back iTunes Ok, I can see the meters in the device register input and out levels. It won't rout through SGear. No input or output using the standalone app.
It does work as a plugin using MainStage.
It there a trick to getting the standalone to work with Element?
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

iMac Mojave stand alone with Apogee Element 24 11 months 1 week ago #18924

davep wrote:

I just picked up an Element 24 Thunderbolt interface. I cannot seem to get the stand alone to function.
It plays back iTunes Ok, I can see the meters in the device register input and out levels. It won't rout through SGear. No input or output using the standalone app.
It does work as a plugin using MainStage.
It there a trick to getting the standalone to work with Element?

Hi davep,

Mojave has some new security features including restricting access to the microphone. If S-GEAR is not explicitly allowed access to the microphone then it seems that is also cannot access audio via a connected audio interface. In the security and privacy tab you can find the settings:

Mike
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: fatherjacques, davep, ryentzer
  • mike
  • Administrator
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

iMac Mojave stand alone with Apogee Element 24 11 months 1 week ago #18925

That was the issue. I tried every setting I could find in Element Control and couldn't make it work.
I'm glad it was an easy fix.
Thanks Mike
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

iMac Mojave stand alone with Apogee Element 24 2 months 3 weeks ago #19998

FWIW, I had the exact same issue with my Presonus iOne interface. I couldn't get the interface to work with S-Gear stand-alone, but I was able to use the interface with Garageband. Lo and behold, this was the fix. S-Gear didn't have access to the microphone. Now, back to playing...
  • ryentzer
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY
Time to create page: 0.175 seconds