TOPIC: Volume problem

Volume problem 2 weeks 2 days ago #18885

Using my USB interface UM404HD I have problems with the volume. If I mix it with other source like uTube or music service, they are ok. But the volume from Sgear is low. Any hints/tips as I am new to SGear, and probably doing something wrong or not doing it... Thanks.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Volume problem 2 weeks 2 days ago #18889

Interesting, I have always found S-gear volume to be comparably a lot louder than the others (at the same input volume on the audio interface)
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Volume problem 2 weeks 1 day ago #18891

mingury wrote:

Interesting, I have always found S-gear volume to be comparably a lot louder than the others (at the same input volume on the audio interface)

Me too - I have Revalver and Ampltube on the same PC. S-Gear default output is way louder.

Sorry dechias - thats no help.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Volume problem 2 weeks 7 hours ago #18901

dechaiz wrote:

Using my USB interface UM404HD I have problems with the volume. If I mix it with other source like uTube or music service, they are ok. But the volume from Sgear is low. Any hints/tips as I am new to SGear, and probably doing something wrong or not doing it... Thanks.

What does the S-GEAR output level meter show when you play? is this very low? The maximum level that can be output from S-GEAR (or any source) is something just below clipping. Provided you have a reasonable level on the output meters then the level should be comparable to other sources.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dechaiz
  • mike
  • Administrator
Last edit: 2 weeks 7 hours ago by mike.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Volume problem 1 week 3 days ago #18913

Actually is high according to meters. If I may add another request for help to deal with my Vintage V100 AFD that seems to saturate the amp or um404hd so the speakers suffer :-) I notice advanced players seem to constantly adjust tone/volume knobs which is atypical to strat/tele players although they do it as well.
Thanks.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Volume problem 1 week 3 days ago #18914

dechaiz wrote:

Actually is high according to meters. If I may add another request for help to deal with my Vintage V100 AFD that seems to saturate the amp or um404hd so the speakers suffer :-) I notice advanced players seem to constantly adjust tone/volume knobs which is atypical to strat/tele players although they do it as well.
Thanks.

Perhaps you just need to open the Windows mixer and adjust the S-GEAR volume level relative to your other Apps?

Regarding your Vintage V100 AFD, take care to make sure that you are not clipping the input of your audio interface. Bypass S-GEAR and hit some chords as you would do in reasonably hard playing. If the inputs on your audio interface hit the red (or if you hear clipping) then back of the input gain on the Audio Interface.

Cheers,
Mike
Attachments:
  • mike
  • Administrator
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Volume problem 1 week 2 days ago #18915

Spot on in all counts! Thank you so much for the quick response.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Volume problem 1 week 1 day ago #18919

One more issue you may help me. The mixer does not show sgear audio and midi like in yours. I can manipulate via device volume for all
Attachments:
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Volume problem 1 week 1 day ago #18920

dechaiz wrote:

One more issue you may help me. The mixer does not show sgear audio and midi like in yours. I can manipulate via device volume for all

Maybe it is not possible to use the App Volume mixer in this way when S-GEAR is using the external audio interface. Really you shouldn't need to do this anyway. There should not be a big volume disparity that can't be resolved by adjusting the output volume on S-GEAR vs the output volume on your other Apps.

I notice that the Volume Mixer is reporting 192k for the Behringer. Are you actually running your system audio at 192k? S-GEAR supports up to 96k.

Mike
  • mike
  • Administrator
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Volume problem 1 week 12 hours ago #18922

That is good to learn. I will adjust to 96k
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Volume problem 1 week 10 hours ago #18923

Actually 192k is just part of the name. it is running 44100/1024. Any issue with the buffer size?
SIGN-IN TO REPLY
Time to create page: 0.324 seconds