TOPIC: S-Gear not recognizing Alesis VI49 Program Changes

S-Gear not recognizing Alesis VI49 Program Changes 4 months 1 week ago #17842

Hi folks,

I recently purchased an Alesis VI49 midi controller, and I've been unable to get it to work correctly with preset switching. While advancing through banks and presets via momentary CC messages works well, I haven't had any success using PC messages to switch between presets.

My roommate was able to get preset switching working with his Morningstar MC6. When I compared the messages received from the two controllers, I saw that the MC6 only sends PC messages, while the VI49 is more correct to the MIDI spec, and first sends bank switching CC 0 and CC 32 messages. It seems like S-Gear doesn't support this correctly. Has anyone found a workaround?
  • Kamaros
  • Tone Seeker
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S-Gear not recognizing Alesis VI49 Program Changes 4 months 1 week ago #17844

Hi Kamaros,

The MIDI spec doesn't dictate that a device must respond to bank select controller messages. S-GEAR would just ignore these or it may respond differently if you have set up custom midi controllers using those controller cc numbers.

In any case, S-GEAR should still respond to any Program Change message it receives.

Check that MIDI input is enabled in the S-GEAR preferences.
Check that MIDI rx light is flashing when you send a Program Change message to S-GEAR.
Use the default 'none' mapping mode initially to ensure that there is no mapping issue.

I hope this helps.
Mike
  • mike
  • Administrator
SIGN-IN TO REPLY
Time to create page: 0.065 seconds