TOPIC: Speaker Impulse Loader alternatives

Speaker Impulse Loader alternatives 2 weeks 2 days ago #24305

I've collected a few speaker impulse collections, and with all the different files I am finding them really hard to manage and audition in S-Gear. While looking at alternative impulse loader plugins I found a couple of impulse loaders that claim to be quite different from standard loaders: Meldaproduction's MCabinet and ML Sound Labs' Mikko Player.

Has anyone tried these, or other alternatives that are worth looking at?
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Speaker Impulse Loader alternatives 2 weeks 2 days ago #24306

Hi there,

I never used any of these two. But overview all the IR files can be annoying... Anyway, I usually use the Melda MConvolutionEZ and the Ignite Amps NadIR. I also do have the Waves PRS Guitar Amps with IR Loader.
For some reason, they all sound different, sometimes very different. Especially the lower frequency response, The Waves loader is not really my choice, it just sounds kinda dull and undifferentiated. For guitar speakers, the sound of the NadIR mostly does a good job for me, nice and tight, much better than the Waves stuff.

Thats not really the answer to your question... but just a hint, that they can sound very different! I manage my IRs in folders, kinda annoying, but it works for me.

Can you import your own IRs to the Mikko Player? It has a lot of parameters for shaping the sound, for Cab IRs I like the simple stuff, mostly every processing does something bad to the sound...
The following user(s) said Thank You: todfiste
  • funkylocalhero
  • Tone Star
keep it funky
SIGN-IN TO REPLY
Time to create page: 0.061 seconds