TOPIC: New Subscriber. Brilliant software

New Subscriber. Brilliant software 1 month 2 weeks ago #23702

Hello all,
Started the trial 2 days ago, but quickly realised S-Gear was simply in a different league than anything else I've tried out, and purchased it today. I'm fairly new to amp sims, tried all the big names, and lots of free stuff, have been playing for a few years. S-Gear blew me away to be honest. I suppose you all know how good it is, but what got me was not just the obviously glorious tones, but simply how engaging it is. Started trying out some presets, and suddenly 2-3 hours had passed by, and I had only reached No.10 preset. This software gets you playin', not fiddlin' about endlessly. Can't understand why S-Gear is not at or near the top of the list in amp software reviews. Great interface too - sleek, simple, and with solid explanations of some of the more advanced features. Top notch, Scuffham Amps.
Cheers, Shane
The following user(s) said Thank You: kierank, cojoguitar, erichg
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

New Subscriber. Brilliant software 1 month 2 weeks ago #23704

sclay wrote:

Can't understand why S-Gear is not at or near the top of the list in amp software reviews.

I think ‘reviews’ focus on the new and shiny. I’m predicting (and hoping) S-Gear will have a resurgence once the feature set is rounded out with the pre-fx/pedals.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sclay
  • kierank
  • Tone Master
Last edit: 1 month 2 weeks ago by kierank.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

New Subscriber. Brilliant software 1 month 2 weeks ago #23705

Welcome to the forum.

I see S-Gear on most users' lists as a favorite for sims. The published articles tend to focus on what's new and current. As kierank mentioned, when S-Gear gets its update it will pull into the spotlight again.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sclay
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

New Subscriber. Brilliant software 1 month 2 weeks ago #23708

I agree. It gets mentioned everywhere and remains the best sim IMO. I try others but I always come back.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY
Time to create page: 0.084 seconds