TOPIC: Need help with Gt-1000

Need help with Gt-1000 1 month 2 weeks ago #23698

Hi everyone,
I love the sounds I'm getting from SG and am now looking at how to integrate my laptop with SG into my rig built around my GT-1000 for gigging.
In my home studio I use a Babyface Pro FS and it's amazing for all things interface, but I can't see adding to my pedalboard and gigging with it.
The GT-1000 has a built in usb interface and 2 fx loops that I may be able to use to integrate the audio but I'm not sure how this would work.
The laptop also has Jam Origin Midi Guitar 2 installed and I want to use both. It can host vsts so maybe run SG through it?
Anyway, I'd love to be able to combine the SG amps with this system and hoping someone here with more experience can provide some options for how to best hook everything up. I'd also like to figure out using the GT-1000 as a midi controller for SG?
Thanks in advance for any help!
Tony
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Need help with Gt-1000 1 month 2 weeks ago #23699

RME is going to be the lowest latency for sure.

Have you checked out Gig Performer yet? For integrating a complex rig, it makes things so much easier than trying to use a DAW, but that's another option live.
  • Dirk Diggler
  • Tone Star
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Need help with Gt-1000 1 month 2 weeks ago #23700

I agee with Dirk Diggler Gig Performer would be perfect for this.
  • fatherjacques
  • Tone King
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Need help with Gt-1000 1 month 2 weeks ago #23710

Let me add Cantabile to the available options - also a great plugin host for live performance! I've moved my complete live rig (keys and guitar) to Cantabile and haven't looked back.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Need help with Gt-1000 1 month 2 weeks ago #23711

A new kid on the block from Steinberg now too. Have yet to try, but looks interesting -

www.steinberg.net/vst-live/
The following user(s) said Thank You: fatherjacques
Last edit: 1 month 2 weeks ago by DaveP 01.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Need help with Gt-1000 1 month 1 week ago #23721

Thanks everyone!
Sorry for the late response to this great feedback. I've been on vacation in the mountains with spotty internet connection.

I looked into both Gig Performer and Cantible and the both look great and may do exactly what I need. I'll download the trial versions and check them out.

Thanks again for the help and I look forward to getting into MG2 with my GT-1000 soon as I can carve some time out of my schedule.
Tony
SIGN-IN TO REPLY
Time to create page: 0.065 seconds