TOPIC: Airstep Xsonic Footswitch

Airstep Xsonic Footswitch 4 days 20 hours ago #23349

Hi,

Searched previous threads and saw references to Airstep Xsonic footswitch but has anybody successfully used it to switch between presets in S-Gear?

Thanks

Brad
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Airstep Xsonic Footswitch 4 days 7 hours ago #23351

Hi Brad,

Paul Drew from the Studio Rats made a video about using the Airstep with S-Gear. Certainly you can switch presets using Midi Program Change messages.
  • mike
  • Administrator
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Airstep Xsonic Footswitch 2 days 20 hours ago #23354

Hi Mike,

Great video, makes things much clearer. A few more questions.

1.In the video he used the Preset Up and Preset Down parameter to switch between presets. This works great if the presets are beside each other in a bank, but what if in a song I want to use two presets that are in different banks. Is there any way to assign a CC message to a specific preset?
2.I notice there is a Amp Select A/B parameter and a Channel Switch parameter. In the video he used the Channel Switch parameter and I assumed he was switching between Amp A/B. I could find nothing about switching channels in the S-Gear user manual. What is the Channel Switch parameter doing?
3.The Airstep is pretty pricey. As a newb I'd like to try an entry level midi controller and expression pedal to see if they are useful. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Brad
SIGN-IN TO REPLY
Time to create page: 0.047 seconds