TOPIC: Airstep Xsonic Footswitch

Airstep Xsonic Footswitch 7 months 2 days ago #23349

Hi,

Searched previous threads and saw references to Airstep Xsonic footswitch but has anybody successfully used it to switch between presets in S-Gear?

Thanks

Brad
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Airstep Xsonic Footswitch 7 months 2 days ago #23351

Hi Brad,

Paul Drew from the Studio Rats made a video about using the Airstep with S-Gear. Certainly you can switch presets using Midi Program Change messages.
  • mike
  • Administrator
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Airstep Xsonic Footswitch 7 months 23 hours ago #23354

Hi Mike,

Great video, makes things much clearer. A few more questions.

1.In the video he used the Preset Up and Preset Down parameter to switch between presets. This works great if the presets are beside each other in a bank, but what if in a song I want to use two presets that are in different banks. Is there any way to assign a CC message to a specific preset?
2.I notice there is a Amp Select A/B parameter and a Channel Switch parameter. In the video he used the Channel Switch parameter and I assumed he was switching between Amp A/B. I could find nothing about switching channels in the S-Gear user manual. What is the Channel Switch parameter doing?
3.The Airstep is pretty pricey. As a newb I'd like to try an entry level midi controller and expression pedal to see if they are useful. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Brad
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Airstep Xsonic Footswitch 6 months 4 weeks ago #23368

There isn't a way to assign a specific CC number to a preset. However, MIDI has Program Change messages for this purpose. Since S-Gear will only recall presets in the current bank via Midi, the best approach is to create an S-Gear bank for each song or set or songs.

The Channel Switch parameters switches between clean and lead/boost channels on the Amps.

There are several low cost Midi Foot controllers out there. Probably you can pick up something on the second hand market at very low cost. If you want to do lot's of CC messaging then you need to look for a pedal that supports programmable CC messages.
  • mike
  • Administrator
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Airstep Xsonic Footswitch 6 months 3 weeks ago #23373

Thanks Mike.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY
Time to create page: 0.068 seconds