TOPIC: Pete Thorn Video on How to dial an amp

Pete Thorn Video on How to dial an amp 3 months 2 weeks ago #22943

Very interesting
The following user(s) said Thank You: hkwijhe, qryss
  • fatherjacques
  • Tone King
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Pete Thorn Video on How to dial an amp 3 months 2 weeks ago #22944

Isn't Pete the greatest? I never thought of listening for the obvious midrange change as a reference point for a given guitar or pickup combo.
  • GCKelloch
  • Tone King
System Specs:
MB: ASRock H470M-HDV/M.2
M2 SSD Card: 256GB
CPU: Intel i3-10100F
RAM: 16GB DDR4-2666
GPU: Nvidia Gforce GT 1030
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Pete Thorn Video on How to dial an amp 1 month 3 weeks ago #23046

I think you have to be careful with what Pete says regarding gear. He will never say a bad word about a product, so just keep that in mind when he's telling you this new NUX pedal is great etc. I stopped watching him because of this.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Pete Thorn Video on How to dial an amp 1 month 3 weeks ago #23048

Hskr8 wrote:

I think you have to be careful with what Pete says regarding gear. He will never say a bad word about a product, so just keep that in mind when he's telling you this new NUX pedal is great etc. I stopped watching him because of this.

I enjoy his videos but always approach them with the understanding that he's quite endorsement-heavy and so I would never buy a product purely because of his praising words. As you suggest, there's little in the way of balance, which is OK. When showing off a product, it's not unusual to avoid the negatives -- just take them as showcase videos instead of reviews. That said, his instructional videos (like what's in this thread) are also typically very good.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Pete Thorn Video on How to dial an amp 3 weeks 3 days ago #23111

Hskr8 wrote:

And this has what, exactly, to do with dialing in an amp? There's no need to slag someone about the dialing-in of an amp simply because the NUX thing skitters across your mind when you see/hear the words 'Pete Thorn'. Pete is more than a NUX video, no?

That kinda stuff does no good to anyone. Don't be dumb.

Respectfully,

Cojo
  • cojoguitar
  • Tone Star
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Pete Thorn Video on How to dial an amp 3 weeks 2 days ago #23113

cojoguitar wrote:

That kinda stuff does no good to anyone. Don't be dumb.

Calling someone "dumb" is far less appropriate on this forum than any tangential comment. Let's keep it civil.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ges, keeprocking, pixelyzed
SIGN-IN TO REPLY
Time to create page: 0.057 seconds