TOPIC: Gig Performer and S Gear (Video)

Gig Performer and S Gear (Video) 1 month 1 week ago #22851

The following user(s) said Thank You: kierank, erik
  • fatherjacques
  • Tone King
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Gig Performer and S Gear (Video) 3 weeks 5 days ago #22871

There’s lots of great improvements listed for Gig Performer 4. The Global Rackspace will definitely be useful, as you can have global pre effects (gate, input looper, stomps) as well as using it for global post effects (backing tracks, looper, limiter etc). Looking forward to it!
gigperformer.com/gig-performer-4-available-june-2021.html
  • kierank
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Gig Performer and S Gear (Video) 3 weeks 4 days ago #22872

I’m on the beta program for GP 4 and you will be amazed at how much wonderfulness has been added. I’m so impressed with the power it provides now whether you’re a basic user or a hardcore scripter. The new global rack space is really useful for guitarists as well.

It’s coming very soon…
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Gig Performer and S Gear (Video) 3 weeks 4 days ago #22873

I'm really looking forward to this update!
  • soundog
  • Tone Master
www.johnplainsong.com
Newest album "Strange Tales" now available! S-Gear used throughout the production.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Gig Performer and S Gear (Video) 3 weeks 15 hours ago #22877

Interesting - but as a long-time Cantabile user, I had a few moments in the video of "do you _really_ need to re-wire a setup just to be able to control pan/ levels in Gig Performer?". Some concepts of GP I like, e.g. the option to create a custom "control surface" for your setup, but overall, my feeling is that Cantabile is a bit more mature, efficient and powerful - but that may be because I've been with Cantabile pretty much since its beginning...

Unfortunately, no Mac version (yet) of Cantabile, so GP may be a good option for the Mac crowd - if you're using a PC, then by all means, give Cantabile a shot! I've moved to a Cantabile-based setup for live both for guitar as well as for my keyboards setups (pretty darn complex...), and haven't looked back!
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Gig Performer and S Gear (Video) 2 weeks 1 day ago #22878

The following user(s) said Thank You: fatherjacques
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Gig Performer and S Gear (Video) 2 weeks 1 day ago #22879

To expand on this, I very much have S-Gear at the centre of my main setup but with GP I can easily have any number of other plugins in front of it and after - and in parallel, too. I use an RA200 plugin from SKNote in parallel with S-Gear (the idea borrowed from a certain Mr D Gilmour, of course).

GP also means I can easily have stereo plugins in front of two instances of S-Gear to make for a true stereo rig - something you can’t do with the current version of S-Gear on its own because the amp section is mono.

I’m really loving the control that GP4 brings to S-Gear. Couldn’t live without it now.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hans_g
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Gig Performer and S Gear (Video) 1 week 3 days ago #22891

I just bought Gig Performer 4. All I can say is .... wow.

While looking for youtube videos for tips, I came across some good videos of Trey Gunn (superb inventive guitarist) showing off his live performance Gig Performer rig for King Crimson. Guess which amp sim he uses?

The following user(s) said Thank You: mike, qryss
  • soundog
  • Tone Master
www.johnplainsong.com
Newest album "Strange Tales" now available! S-Gear used throughout the production.
Last edit: 1 week 1 day ago by soundog.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Gig Performer and S Gear (Video) 1 week 23 hours ago #22895

soundog wrote:

I just bought Gig Performer 4. All I can say is .... wow.

While looking for youtube videos for tips, I came across some good videos of Trey Gunn (superb inventive guitarist) showing off his live performance Gig Performer rig for King Crimson. Guess which amp sim he uses?

That's very interesting. So Trey Gunn plays in a band with one of the Gig Performer team. It shows when a product is developed with real purpose!
  • mike
  • Administrator
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Gig Performer and S Gear (Video) 1 week 21 hours ago #22896

Hi,
I own a GP3 license and I was thinking to buy the new update. Is there a way or method to record my GP rack/chain within a DAW (in my case Studio One 5 Pro) using Win 10?
Thanks
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Gig Performer and S Gear (Video) 1 week 11 hours ago #22897

I'm a Mac user, but my guess is "yes." You might want to take your question to the Gig Performer forum. I find it to be very responsive, friendly, and helpful.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fluvio70
  • soundog
  • Tone Master
www.johnplainsong.com
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Gig Performer and S Gear (Video) 5 days 16 hours ago #22900

GP4 actually includes a recorder built in.

Not sure about Studio 1, you might search for rewire or reroute or something like that.

Good luck,
Dirk
  • Dirk Diggler
  • Tone Star
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Gig Performer and S Gear (Video) 5 days 1 hour ago #22901

Dirk Diggler wrote:

GP4 actually includes a recorder built in.

The Gig Performer recorder is only on the inputs. If your interface has its own loopback feature, this will allow you to record the output of GP. e.g. on my Focusrite 4i4 the input channels 5+6 are the loopback ones, so they actually are what’s going to my main outputs 1+2. So recording inputs 5+6 in Gig Performer is actually my output.

The free MRecorder plugin from Melda can also be used last in your chain in Gig Performer (e.g. in the global rackspace) as another option.

Otherwise you will need a third party virtual audio port to route it from GP to your DAW. Mac users have it easy as free options like Blackhole work brilliantly.
The following user(s) said Thank You: qryss
  • kierank
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Gig Performer and S Gear (Video) 9 hours 38 minutes ago #22911

Mrecorder is a great way to quickly capture all your outputs no doubt. I use it all the time.
  • Dirk Diggler
  • Tone Star
SIGN-IN TO REPLY
Time to create page: 0.078 seconds